LEGO Elves Site Updated with New Content

The LEGO Elves teaser site has been replaced with a full website, featuring detailed character bios, information on the new mobile app (which appears to be a combination adventure and puzzle game), a new music video and downloadable MP3 of the LEGO Elves theme song "If You Dare to Believe", and downloadable wallpapers and "How to Draw" pages for each of the five main characters! There's even a downloadable page on the "Secret Language of Elvendale" which ought to stir up some really strong memories in BIONICLE fans - and a widget on the front page that lets you translate things into that language and download them to share with friends! Check it all out right here!

View the full article

• Upvote 1

Dear LEGO:

I thoroughly enjoy the concept and style of the LEGO Elves theme, I really do. But seriously, whoever you had write that song, fire them, and then go hire Daniel Ingram. PLEASE. >_<

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Oh geez that music video is awful.

Really? I actually quite liked it. Possibly even more than some of the BIONICLE and Ninjago music videos. I especially liked how the lead singer was actually in costume as Emily Jones, with the striped top and the yellow sneakers and the braid and all. The use of the actual bricks and mini-dolls on the sound board was pretty cute as well!

I wish I knew the name of the singer. It was in the credits of the webisode when they posted that by mistake a few weeks ago, but I didn't think to write it down anywhere. I also wish they had included a downloadable lyrics sheet like they did for the BIONICLE promotional songs back in the day.

Now we have a description of the app that confirms what I was hoping — it is not an action game. It's more of an "I Spy" type game, possibly with adventure gaming elements (like quests to find particular objects and bring them different places) and definitely with some puzzle game elements. Maybe not the next Mata Nui Online Game, but all things considered I'm very pleased with what I see and I hope the gameplay lives up to the concept's potential!

The fantasy language is great. It uses symbols from within the theme, most of which bear some resemblance to the letters they represent, so somewhere between the easy-to-decipher BIONICLE language and the harder-to-decipher Gnommish language from the Artemis Fowl books.

Words can't describe how much I am loving this theme. Just built Naida's Epic Adventure Ship this afternoon (and it's GORGEOUS). I was lucky enough to meet the design director for the theme a couple days ago at the recruitment workshop I attended in Billund (I ought to do a blog entry about that sometime this week) and had a great time talking with her about the sets and story. And I continue to be impressed with how much attention the LEGO Group is devoting to the promotion of this theme.

Really? I actually quite liked it. Possibly even more than some of the BIONICLE and Ninjago music videos. I especially liked how the lead singer was actually in costume as Emily Jones, with the striped top and the yellow sneakers and the braid and all. The use of the actual bricks and mini-dolls on the sound board was pretty cute as well!

And you just named what I liked about it. :)

What I didn't like was - everything else. The song itself is disjointed - there's no musical connection between the chorus and the verses, with an abrupt change in tune. Unlike in the typical Fold Videos, there was no stop motion or animation, just images. And the lyrics were cheesy and obnoxious. 

• Upvote 2

And you just named what I liked about it. :)

What I didn't like was - everything else. The song itself is disjointed - there's no musical connection between the chorus and the verses, with an abrupt change in tune. Unlike in the typical Fold Videos, there was no stop motion or animation, just images. And the lyrics were cheesy and obnoxious.

I think it has about as much going for it musically and lyrically as the Ninjago promotional songs, which I also loved. I guess it's just a case of differing tastes.

And it's got animation, it's just projected/overlaid into the live action scenes instead of just cutting from animation to live action and vice versa like most of the Ninjago ones do.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 2

And it's got animation, it's just projected/overlaid into the live action scenes instead of just cutting from animation to live action and vice versa like most of the Ninjago ones do.

...the only problem with that is they forgot to get rid of the audio from the animation stuff on the MP3 download of the song, which is slightly annoying when you're trying to listen to the song on it's own and suddenly without context you get someone talking about having a conversation with some water... :P

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams

Twitter Flickr

Eh, it's a decent song, but it does feel a little off in places. Granted, the chorus lyrics are actually pretty good.

Still hesitant about the animation of the show (haven't seen the full one yet, just clips) because the animation looks a bit choppy and the voice acting seems off. Hopefully that's just a flaw of the clips, so I'll be interested when the full episode comes back. (And really, it's not like I'm a fan of Bionicle narrator either this year. They should just stick with text and focus more on the ambient music. :P )

:music:

• Upvote 1

So they can make an original alphabet for Elves but it's too complicated for Bionicle...?

-NotS

Uh-huh. Great, Lego. 

Okay, actually made-up alphabet type things (and quizzes and crafty things, incidentally) are rather common in girly-marketed story media. So it's probably not a matter of complication as much as the target audience.

• Upvote 3

So they can make an original alphabet for Elves but it's too complicated for Bionicle...?

-NotS

Who said it was too complicated? Maybe they just decided it wasn't necessary at this point.

Though it is worth noting, the smallest BIONICLE sets (the Protectors) are designed for ages six and up, while even the smallest Elves sets are all designed for ages seven and up. So yeah, maybe there is some legitimate interest in trying to keep BIONICLE accessible to a slightly younger audience than Elves.

• Upvote 1

Geez, those character profiles are HUGE compared to the Bionicle ones, that's a lot of elfish character traits to keep track of. o:

I was thinking the exact same thing. 

But anyways, the site itself looks really cool. I really like the translator at the bottom of the main page. I think that was really cool. It makes me wish they did something like that on Bionicle.com.

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

-NotS

Uh-huh. Great, Lego. 

Okay, actually made-up alphabet type things (and quizzes and crafty things, incidentally) are rather common in girly-marketed story media. So it's probably not a matter of complication as much as the target audience.

Imagine if Bionicle was targeted toward girls... :P

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

-NotS

Uh-huh. Great, Lego. 

Imagine if Bionicle was targeted toward girls... :P

Please no. 

I'm not as nearly as attached to G2 and as such might do a female-oriented reconstruction one of these days, but BioniClassic wouldn't happen if it weren't for 8-year-old boys' fine taste in robots. This is a fact, and cannot and should not be changed.

Who said it was too complicated? Maybe they just decided it wasn't necessary at this point.

Fair enough. I guess I was caught up in the whole "simplifying" aspect that I thought that was the reason they got rid of the original alphabet...

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg