Favorite Mask?

What is your favorite mask, either by function or appearance?

Function:

Kualsi - you would be able to outrun stuff and just quickly exit tough situations. Wouldn't that be cool?

Appearance:

Noble Ruru - I don't know. Maybe because it's one of the only masks I can think of that has a near "square" shape. That is, it's about the same height as width.  

• Upvote 1

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

Nice topic! For function, I'd have to say the Kanohi Iden. Sure, the user's body is left vulnerable, but with the right planning and team one could scout an entire island before going ahead with any plans, or if there are multiple pathways they could send their spirit ahead to see which path is the right one

As for appearance, if have to go with the Great Komau. The visor is just super cool, and if it had come in more colours I definitely would have used it in a lot more MOCs

Edited by ~Haxorus~

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

Appearance: 2001 Hau. Its arguably the face of Bionicle. Also, I think its a really cool Kanohi Mask.

Function: This one is a tough choice, but I will go with the Mask of Flight. I would love to be able to simply fly to my destinations instead of having to walk or drive. And it would save me some gas money too. :P

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Function: Telekinesis has always been a favorite of mine. Speed is also another tempting one.

Appearance: I'm going to say it's a tie between the classic Hau, Miru, and Kakama, at least those have been my favorites to MOC with.

:music:

Function is easy: Kakama Nuva. Insane speed coupled with intangibility would be just awesome. No more pushing through crowds or waiting in traffic, just run right through. And being able to move at such speed under (kind of) your own power, not in some vehicle, would just be endlessly thrilling, I've always thought.

Appearance, though, is more difficult. I really do like most of the masks we had. The Avohkii is probably my favorite (How I wish it came in pearl gold!), but I also really like the Rode, Adaptive Miru, Noble Mahiki... all the masks can look more or less incredible on a MoC if you use them right. (I'd also say Hydraxon's mask, but it isn't a Kanohi.)

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Hmm apperience would be the vahi followed by the nobal kiril.

Function would have to be the kraahkan.

-Onvermel- :pakari:

"I believe in certainties. The strength of my limbs, the power of my mask, the sharp edges of my blades — that is what I build my plans around. Trickery, deception, complex strategies, they are for the weak! If you want power, and another has it, you get it not by outwitting him — you get it by stepping over his corpse." Makuta Icarax

"WHO ATE ALL THE PIES! WHO ATE ALL THE PIES!"

http://onvermelreport.blogspot.ca/ --- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaX7xUwGu9-8kVqQ4BqOxWw               

onvermel_report_logo_24.bmp

Kualsi, for both. The 2001 Miru is a close second in appearance, though.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Function:

Mask of Creation - The ability to make anything is the power to do anything.

Appearance:

Ignika - Really, I cannot speak of any true favorite because most masks appeal in different ways. But however many masks qualify as being my "favorites" now, the Ignika was the first mask that I ever truly wanted, but I do not have any clear idea as to why.

For function, Aki or Rua :P Just kidding.

I have to say pretty much all mask powers are really cool. If I'd have to pick a few, I'd say Kaukau, Mohtrek and Sanok.

As for looks, Again all look really cool to me, But I'd say Kakama (big surprise, eh? :D ). My favorite used to be the Pakari (also sounds the best imo), but it has since shifted.

keetongorange-bionicle-logo-small.png

Function, probably Fate. I think it as a really interesting power and I wish it could have been explored further -- imagine if it had been applied to more than just physical feats? Runners-up are Levitation and Quick Travel.

Appearance, the original Miru, Kakama, noble Ruru. Runners up are the Kiril, the Kualsi, and Lhikan's Hau, which I ish we could have gotten in more colors.

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
-------------------------------------
Rate The Song Above You

Function: Mask of Creation

Appearance: (Regular) Great Hau OR (if it counts) Mask of Creation

(And not the simplistic G2 one - I mean the G1 one which was described as the most ornate mask in the world, vaguely menacing and engraved with writing of every MU culture)

:v: :m_o: :t: :u: :k: :m_o:

Function: Kualsi, and it also looks cool.

As for look, hmm....there are a lot of good ones. I'll say the original Pakari

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Definitely Hau for design. That mask is just too iconic! The Great Huna is really cool too.

I always thought that most of the Toa Metru/Turaga masks were the most cool in terms of functionality to me. Simple, but effective. Invisibility, Telekinesis, Illusion, and Mind Control are just an awesome second set of powers to have.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

It'd have to be the Kanohi Kraahkan, on both counts. Seeing the darkness in people's hearts and being able to manipulate their emotions is just so... tantalizing.

Oh, and shadow powers would be cool, too.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

• 4 weeks later...

Functionally, probably the Kadin. It's the Miru but better. Honorable mentions also go to the Huna, the Kualsi, the Pehkui and the Olmak

Aesthetically, the Noble Kakama (Photok's Kakama). It takes a design I already loved and made me love it even more. Honorable mentions also go to the Great Hau, the Olmak, the Great Komau and the Rode.

Function: The Mohtrek. What's more awesome than being able to summon an infinite army of past selves? 

Appearance: Mutran's Shelek. While we have no idea what a normal Shelek actually looks like, Mutran's looks awesome. 

• Upvote 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Olmak, definitely. I'd be using it to hop all over the place. I've taken a lot of road trips in my life, so it'd be really handy if I could just skip those by opening a portal and popping through to the other side.

Also, you could totally do some epic pranks with those dimensional gates....

"Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus."