G&T Contest #1: It's Not about Your Post Count...

-Windrider-

Two questions.  Do they have to be in the "Games and Trivia" forum?  Or can they be anywhere as long as we post the link here?

And can they take up multiple threads?  Like have a thread for the actual game and have a seperate thread for people's profiles and stuff like that.

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

May I just ask how these "Games" are played? Is it like a sort of RPG? I haven't been on BZPower for very long and I don't exactly know how things work, especially this.

These aren't full-on RPGs, turagajovan. They're pretty much just small, fun games where you just need one post to join. No excessive character setup, just read the rules and jump right in! Hope this was helpful! ;) 

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

May I just ask how these "Games" are played? Is it like a sort of RPG? I haven't been on BZPower for very long and I don't exactly know how things work, especially this.

Depends on how you want the game to be played, really! There are two basic classifications of G&T games here on BZP. The "Post-After-Me" style and the "sign-up" style. The main difference between the two is how much of a responsibility you have to keep playing. Post-After-Me style games are like Steal The Mask or Bionicle Food Chain Game. These styles of games tend to just need you to post to play, nothing else. As well, these games can pretty much go on forever if they stay on track/

The other type is the more Sign-Up style gmaes. These require you to actually post before the game starts to say that "Yes, I will be playing this game." These games tend to have a much shorter lifespan, in general. Examples of the Sign-Up style games are like any Mafia game in the history of ever or Bionifight, with Bionifight being pretty much the closest thing to an RPG we can have in this forum. It is all combat, no extranious story. (well, except for the RPG Bionifight, but that is besides the point.)

There are many different ways the games could be run, and I think these examples can give you a pretty good picture of it. If you have any more questions(or if I didn't sufficiently answer this one haha), feel free to ask!

Two questions.  Do they have to be in the "Games and Trivia" forum?  Or can they be anywhere as long as we post the link here?

And can they take up multiple threads?  Like have a thread for the actual game and have a seperate thread for people's profiles and stuff like that.

Well, for the first question, I would certainly assume so! This isn't an RPG or a COT contest, so it seems kinda silly for the games to be elsewhere! =P

Here is where I have no say at all. Bionifight has always had to keep profiles and the game in the same thread, so I assume that the same would be with what you are concocting right now. I cannot tell you for sure, though. I think that it is likely that it should only have one thread, for profiles at least. Maybe some other format of game with two topics would be okay?

I really have no idea. Sorry! *surgh*

Just make sure it isn't actually an RPG! We have a different forum for those. Pretty much, if it is more RPG than Bionifight you'll probably have some troubles. =P

I don't see any reason why you couldn't post a little hype teaser here. *surgh*

No problem at all! I try to make people's indoctrination into G&T as quick and painless as possible. =P

I don't see any reason why you couldn't post a little hype teaser here. *surgh*

Here we go, then.  Matoran.  With hoverbikes.  Enough said?  NO!

The Falling Stars are a gang of lawless Matoran bikers that live outside of Metru Nui.  Their hoverbikes are based off the designs for Akilini hover-boards, except bigger and badder.

Every Star shares one thing in common:  Somehow, each of their homes were ravaged by the Brotherhood of Makuta, and they lost everything they had.  They found themselves on the Star's doorstep and banded together to hunt down and stop the Brotherhood.  When they hear of the Morbuzahk attacking Metru Nui, it sounds just like Makuta and they fly in to investigate.  But not like the last time--when Matoran disappear and the Toa go in to save the day--the Stars are determined to find the victims.  For the first time, they will find the Matoran that supposedly were never to be seen again.  Even if they have to fight through Destral itself to do it.

Here come the Falling Stars.

FEEL THE HYPER!

Game Name:  Rise And Fall

Creator:  evil_jaga_genius

Link: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/17748-rise-and-fall-gt-contest-1/

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

so we have seven games so far

fishers and I haven't posted either of our games yet

So we have at least nine games in this contest

Holy moly, we're moving up in the world! B)

You should, Onarax! Get us up to the ten game milestone! Muahahaha

Edited by Major Maes Hughes
  • Upvote 1

Anyone ever think of playing a digital board game? That could be fun...

Anyone up for a Bionicle Monopoly?

Credit goes to DracosDerpyHoof on DivantArt.com for use of his blank Monopoly board...
Blank_Monopoly_Baord_by_Sumomogirl01.png

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Hrm, I'd love to participate in this contest but, with hosting Mafia XXII, and all my other school shinnanigans, I don't have the time :(...

I might just have to settle for playing the games that entered rather than submitting one myself.

It's nice that G&T contests might be start happening, though

I thought Burn was hosting that one.

This. lelwut

*Snaps fingers*

Oh. Um, I guess I kinda thought I had XXII because I was never able to finish my game, and people agreed on that...

(source)

It's fine though, if you are. Maybe I could host the side game or something.

2xu8Ptu.png

All games entered so far should now be set to close two weeks from the time of their posting.

Also, I've added something to the first post - please don't edit any major game rules unless I ask you to (i.e., if a rule breaks one of the contest rules).

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 1

Of course! The potoo is the official bird of BZP Mafia! 

MOOOOOOOM

Q about the Potoo; are we talking about the bird???

Well, obviously

what other bird goes MOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

e: portal go away ;_;

Ok, thanks for clarifying hehe

So many things make sense now (I.e. Wind's MOOOOOOOM as a tag for this topic)

My eyes have been opened to the wonders of this universe

• Upvote 2

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

I'll take Ga-Metru's Boardwalk for $400.

I already bought it and built my Great Temple on it, fishers. That will be 7000 widgets please.

Ok, so that just happened...

EDIT: So I am working all the ins and out of an actual game to post here. Maybe for the contest.

EDIT 2: Here is my entry

• Member name: Prowl Nightwolf
  • Game title: Mata Nui Monopoly
  • Game topic: Link
Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Oh I totally plan on entering this, but I do have a question: after entering a game into the contest, am I allowed to do some minor rebalancing? You know, perhaps something costs too little and people are buying too much of it, or maybe a certain item is way too OP; can I fix those? Does that count as changing a "major game rule"?

after entering a game into the contest, am I allowed to do some minor rebalancing? You know, perhaps something costs too little and people are buying too much of it, or maybe a certain item is way too OP; can I fix those? Does that count as changing a "major game rule"?

Adjusting things for balance would be fine.

• Upvote 1

Member name: fishers64

Game title: THE MASK OF ULTIMATE POWER

Game topic: Go play!

Originally this was going to have longer rounds (and have more of them). I've changed a couple of game mechanics to make the devious goal achievable within the two-week margin. It's still going to be a challenge for new and old members alike, though. :)

Name: Major Maes Hughes (Portalfig)

Game Name: The Matoran's Court

Game Link: Here, yo

Here we go. My masterpiece of biting satire of reality TV and corporate consumerism, with heavy nihilistic themes and a picture of a dark possible future. As well,  I think it hits the niche between a poster game and a signup game like I was going for, and is fairly literal to the contest theme. (not quite as literal as BIONICLE COUNT TO 1000 but nothing can be that literal)

I just hope it actually plays alright. xD

Edited by Major Maes Hughes
  • Upvote 1

(Sorry for missing the official announcement time last night, but...)

The entry period is now over! There are now two weeks to finish playing any remaining games. After that, look forward to voting on March 31st!

I'll leave this open for discussion and such, but entries after this won't count - but feel free to start a game just because; G&T would appreciate it. : P

So, I realize that I already entered the contest.

I also understand that the entry period is over.

That being said, I have just released Activity Boost!, and it is literally a game where you get points for posting all over BZPower. I'd just like to take a moment and lament the fact that I did not think of this until three days ago. :P

• 2 weeks later...