I Need Everyone's Help

Hello All!

I am making a mod for Europa Universalis IV that will change the flag of the italian country of 'The Most Serene Republic of' Venice (they must have been pretty cocky to name their country that), actually one of my favorite countries to play as. Main thing is, even though I dislike the vanilla flag, I can't decide what to change it to. I was wondering if the nice folks at BZPower's COT forum could assist me!

Please, tell me which of the following look the best to you, easy as that. Additional information: Venice's national colors were blue before declaring independence from the Roman Empire sometime during the dark ages (697 AD), afterwards they went by their 'most serene' red; also, the flags that have bars off to the right side are actually tails, and should be ignored as I will edit those out, thank you.

Original In-Game Flag:

it_ven2a.gif

Choices:

A.  it_ven3.gif

B.  Venetian_Flag.jpg

C.  Too big for this space. :P

D.  venicerepublic.gif

E.  it-coven.gif

F.   BZP doesn't allow this image format.

G.  225px-Flag_of_Veneto.svg.png

To those who are wondering what is up with the winged lion, it has something to do with an evangelist named Mark that made the island Christian; the exact details i am not too sure on, I do believe the book is the Christian Bible however. I am leaning towards G, but I still like the others a lot. :(

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

The winged lion's the symbol of St. Mark, whose relation to Venice is actually pretty miniscule, if I recall correctly. He's the guy who wrote the Gospel of Mark and founder of the Church of Alexandria, which is nowadays the Coptic Church. Venice just took the relics from Alexandria to boost their prestige, so that's the reasoning behind the lion.

Anyway, I'd go for A.

• Upvote 1

The winged lion's the symbol of St. Mark, whose relation to Venice is actually pretty miniscule, if I recall correctly. He's the guy who wrote the Gospel of Mark and founder of the Church of Alexandria, which is nowadays the Coptic Church. Venice just took the relics from Alexandria to boost their prestige, so that's the reasoning behind the lion.

Anyway, I'd go for A.

Oh that Mark! When reading the gospels I mostly stick to Luke and John. I know they are all important, its just that I kind of trust those authors more ( if anyone is curious why we can chat it over over PM)..

Alexandria? Why? Did Venice sack it or something? I know they sacked Constantinople and various minor coastal cities (or just take it over, they were a mercantile republic after all).

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

Hahahaha, then it's okay, those Caliphs deserved it! Just, not the Christians actually living there. Oh, I fickled myself again; excuse me as I need change...

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png