Bbc 62: Firefly

I think you captured Firefly pretty well, even down to the tubing.I am concerned about the shaping around the shoulders - seems a bit abrupt and doesn't flow too well.The upper chest, while awesome, makes him look a little ... top-heavy. Any way you could bring it in a stud or two?(Also, are there any stickers that could be used for the eyes?)

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I remember this guy! I think he looks the part- the jetpack thing he uses to fly around is a bit low, in my opinion, and the waist isn't as narrow as the cartoon, but it's minor and doesn't detract from the creation that much. I do like the use of the Waspix pieces for the stripes on the arms, I thought that was pretty cool.I Wish you luck in the competition! :)

I think you captured Firefly pretty well, even down to the tubing.I am concerned about the shaping around the shoulders - seems a bit abrupt and doesn't flow too well.The upper chest, while awesome, makes him look a little ... top-heavy. Any way you could bring it in a stud or two?(Also, are there any stickers that could be used for the eyes?)

Yeah, I don't like the shoulder transition either, and I *couldn't find a way to fix it without making it too wide.I probably could, and I don't think it would've been too hard,yes.*didn't

Cool. Captured the character pretty well indeed, and has some nice shaping, although I think he's a bit fat compared to the original.This character also exists on the comics, BTW, but its a more minor villain with a different design... here

I could've made him thinner, had I not been lazy, and used a more complex torso.(and I know that he was in the comics too. ;) )

I remember this guy! I think he looks the part- the jetpack thing he uses to fly around is a bit low, in my opinion, and the waist isn't as narrow as the cartoon, but it's minor and doesn't detract from the creation that much. I do like the use of the Waspix pieces for the stripes on the arms, I thought that was pretty cool. :)I Wish you luck in the competition!

I guess the jet-pack is a little low, and same as above with the torso.

IDK...he looks good but looks too bulky in comparison with the reference picture. And stickers for eyes could've been awesome indeed. Well done and good luck :)

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

I liked Firefly in The Batman, and this certainly captures him. The collar works nicely here (though it would help if it were pitched down a bit more), and the jetpack is simple, but gives you pretty much pure transyellow without any major gaps.Weakest part of the MOC is definitely the legs. The tires are a major detractor here - they aren't blended in with anything and are just providing clunky bulk. It's worst on the thighs, where the slope of the HF plates is in the opposite directions of the tires (flipping them upside down would fix it). The other issue is just basic proportions - look at the reference image. The segments of the leg should be roughly the same length as the torso. You could make the torso smaller, but it's height and bulk aren't too bad right now. Much easier to add about two studs length to each of the thighs and shins and work some smoother bulk distribution into them. The extra length on the shins would help better taper them down to the ankles as well.Arms suffer from some similar bulk distribution issues, but the basic proportions are fine. HF armor on the upper arms should be flipped upside down to better match the taper in the reference. Forearms seem rather thick - I'm not a fan of how the HF armor is placed up against the Ben 10 limb. A set up like this one of Moko's would give you the bulk you're looking for and still let you use the Waspix panel. Getting rid of the Ben 10 limbs would would also solve the issue of those locked wrists.Head's nice, I don't think stickers are needed, they'd probably seem cheap. The face probably could have used the smaller HF panel instead, as this one comes across as too long when combined with the HF helmet, an ends up stabbing into its chest, rather than simply providing Firefly's sharp chin like the smaller panel would. The yellow wands work, but this really feels like a place for the old yellow harpoon pieces from the Divers series.Anyway, on the whole a nice rendition of Firefly, maybe could use some more poses in the pictures rather than just a rotational view of it. Mimicking the reference image for the entry pic would have been nice. Best of luck, though.- Elzy brickmote.gif

Edited by Elzy
bannerelzy.jpg