Maze of the Dark Hunters

Saint-14

Welome to Odina, Dark Hunter. The Shadowed One has tasked all new recruits with navigating a giant maze to find their way to the treasures within. However, there are no set rules as to whether or not you need to co-operate with the other recruits, so use any powers you have at your disposal to ensure that you become the ultimate victor.

How to Play:

• Dark Hunters are a ruthless bunch. Your job is to create intricate traps for your opponents so that only you can get the treasures. In addition to laying traps, you must figure out a way to escape the trap laid before you.
  • For (a very simple) example, Person A uses their power to cover the ground in vines that ensnare the next person; regardless of how high you can fly or jump, the vines find a way to tangle you up in them.
  • Person B, however, notices that Person A only specified how high above the vines you are, and not how low. They decide to tunnel under them, and bypass the trap. Person B then covers the area in Toa-sized Ash Bear traps, and so on.

Rules:

• Don’t make your trap the ‘ultimate trap of all time’, make one that is A) feasible to create in the maze and B) one that can be solved with some tricky thinking
  • Keep the powers that you use to a normal level, too (i.e. time manipulation is a power that nobody casually has, so keep that in mind)
  • That being said, think outside of the box as to what you can do!
  • Most importantly, don’t let the Shadowed One see any weaknesses; he did hire you based on your thief mindset, so use that to your advantage. Creativity is rewarded on Odina; bright minds go far places.
  • And follow all G&T forum rules and general BZPower rules

Now, to start:

I use my powers over ice to coat the area in a slipper layer of ice, with spikes jutting out from all corners of the hallway

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 3

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

I use an elaborate system of movement,  sliding on my belly and bouncing myself from wall to wall whilest avoiding the corners of the hallway. With the heightened control of my trajectory that this method provided, I manage to get across without too much scratches.

I then use a previously placed Portal to a massive snake den, and connect it above the door of the next hallway, then connect it once again to itself. The result is a hallway full of poisonous snakes, with an infinite waterfall of snakes placed in front of the door. 

OOC (I guess? Just to clarify that it isn't a part of the game really):

Like that?

OOC: Exactly like that! Let your imagination run wild; you're fighting for your first treasure as a Dark Hunter, use any means necessary. And I probably won't be paying too much, just observing to see how it goes, but I'll respond to your trap :P

IC: I see a pattern in the flow of the snakes, where every few seconds it leaves a small gap wide enough to jump through. I launch myself at the right time, and manage to make it into the snake filled hall. I carefully tiptoe around the rest of the snakes, and make it out safely.

I grab some of the snakes and collect the venom in a series of vials. After making my way through the next section of the maze, I throw the vials back to create a poisonous chamber.

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

The explosives weakened the sides of the tunnel, allowing me to pull loose rocks out of the way to make a small path.

I use my powers over water to flood the entire tunnel. While I can breathe in water, most others can't, and will surely drown before making it through.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

OOC: So each new trap negates the prior one? Meaning everyone after escapes the prior traps?

I use my power over heat to evaporate the water room and instead raise the heat so high the ground and walls turn soft like quicksand... :P

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I cover my ears and walk slowly through the passageway, protecting my ears from the deafening noise. It takes a while, but I eventually reach the end with only minimal sound damage.

Using the powers of Iron, I fill the entire corridor with swords that always point towards an opponent.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

I use my shield as a sort of boat, and my sword as a paddle, to sail across the liquid floor until I reach safety.

With my powers over stone, and knowledge of sound, I alter a passageway so that the slightest noise made inside will be amplified into a deafening crash.

Eh.. stupid boat shield keeping my opponent from sinking into my quicksand pit... Oh look a room full of swords...

Guess I can just use my Hou to protect myself from the blades...(Are mask powers allowed?) Hint hint... playing Tahu here... lol.

Otherwise I can melt the blades with my own fire sword(s)...

Then I make the floor burn of lava...

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I use my power over water to turn your lava into obsidian! (Minecraft logic)

I dig a massive hole in the ground, then rig a trapdoor mechanism over it.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I wedge my sword into the space between the trapdoor and the hole, then tie a convenient vine around the hilt of my sword. Wedged closed, the trapdoor fails to open as I simply walk across, and then I yank the sword free with the vine, returning it to my possession.

For those who follow behind me, I leave a sort of gift with my stone powers: a long canyon where the slightest sound will set off a likely lethal rockslide. It amuses me that any who were able to escape my first sound-based trap will have to deal with yet another, this one more deadly.

Edited by Johnrahk

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

I step into the hall causing the rock slide to fill in the canyon and I simply walk across the filled in edge...

I take my flame swords and seal the path behind me by melting the walls into a thick goop.

Onua.png

Using my powers over ice I cool down the goop, and safely make my way through the

I notice a discarded great Kanohi Garai, mask of Gravity, on a fallen Toa's body in the next section of the maze. Temporarily using it's power, I create a room with varying sections of gravity, ranging from weightless to crushing force. Watch your step, Dark Hunters

BZPRPG:

In order to navigate the room, I hold my sword out far in front of me. When the tip grows incredibly heavy, I know to avoid the crushing gravity; when it feels light, I walk around the zone of weightlessness. In this way I manage to make my way through the gravity room without exposing myself to the extremes of gravity. My sword is coming in handy indeed.

Those who follow my footsteps will encounter a most interesting room. I use my stone powers to create a dozen false exits leading to deep pitfalls with stony spikes in the bottom, but they remain unlit. I smash the lightstone in the real entrance as I leave. Now all the exits appears the same; each is pitch-black. Only one is safe, but without entering, how shall they tell which it is?

OOC: Is it preferred that we have consistent powers in each of our posts, or can we be a Toa of Stone in one and a Rahkshi of Illusion the next? (Not that those beings would be Dark Hunters, but just for example.)

OOC: I'd you want to be a cohesive character, sure! On the other hand, if you want to explore multiple characters and their powers, that's fine, too! The main point of the game is interesting traps and solutions; just make sure that the powers aren't crazy and illogical, hehe :P

Edited by ~Haxorus~

BZPRPG:

Using my weapon as a sort of cane, I eventually find the safe passage.

Anyone who follows me will receive a energy blast to the face, courtesy of the several trip wire connected launchers I placed there, taking advantage of the corridor's darkness. 

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

From Afar, I throw a bladed weapon to cut all the wires prematurely so they miss their intended target. After all the tripwires and hazards are gone, I proceed through the Empty tunnel.

I make the floor of the next corridor into sharpened, upwards-facing blades so anyone who walks on them will get their feet torn to shreds.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

My BZPRPG Characters

I remove two pieces of armor from the corpse of a Dark hunter who fell to a previous trap, haphazardly tie them to the bottoms of my feet, and safely walk over the blades.

I decide to keep it simple: hiding in the shadows, I wait with an enormous scythe to behead anyone who tries to come through.

I simply remove my head, (being a Bionicle) walk past PyroLizard, and wave.

I drop a stink bomb with stench so powerful all who smell it shall DIE

• Upvote 1

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

I smell the poison gas starting to dissipate and fire an explosive at the ceiling right above the bomb. The bomb is buried by rubble and I hurry past before the gas leaks out from the pile. 

Once safely past, I fire an explosive at the rubble, scattering it and allowing the gas to leak back out.

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

Using the Kanohi Garai I picked up, I increase the gravity on the gas, condensing it into a solid form over the rubble. I walk over the rubble, and make it through the trap

I blow the floor out of the next section and make a bridge of ice to cross, then destroy the bridge and place ice spears on the ceiling and bottom of the newly created cavern

BZPRPG:

When I arrive at the ice-spike cavern, I decide I was in need of a nap anyways. I fall asleep (concealed, of course, so that none may notice and kill me in my slumber) and by the time I awaken, the ice spikes have melted.

After walking across the now completely harmless cavern, I use my stone powers to duplicate the previous trap, but with spikes of stone rather than ice.

I leap from wall to wall, managing to keep myself barely an inch above the spikes before Jumping to meet the other wall until I reach the other Side.

In the next room, I place multiple swinging blades that pass in a constantly changing time, so it's impossible to figure out a pattern for them.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

My BZPRPG Characters

I flatten myself agains the wall and crawl through the room where the axes can't reach (because if they did, they'd get buried in the wall every time).

Taking advantage of the next room's size, I carve out the floor until the room is more of a canyon and fill the bottom with Stone Rats.

2xu8Ptu.png

I tame a Stone Rat, kill it, and use its pieces to build a bridge across the canyon. (cuz Bonkles we all are)

In the next room, I place a wormhole in the door out to lead back to the door to get in the room.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Because the wormhole on the entrance blocks the door, I have no choice but to enter it. But it turns out that the wormholes are double sided, and I emerge through the outer side of the wormhole you placed on the exit. All you did was save me the trouble of navigating whatever was inside the room.

I come to a chasm with a rope bridge, and safely cross. It won't be so easy for the next person, though, for I cut the ropes on the far side just enough so that once someone is halfway across, the ropes I cut will give out, and my side of the bridge will fall into the chasm.

I come to a rope bridge and start walking across. When the bridge gives out I fall until I activate my fire power until it rockets me up to the other side.

Looking back I see the large impassable chasm and figure it is good enough to keep anyone else from easily passing. However just to be on the safe side I rig a weight trap that activates knocking the next passer into said chasm.

Onua.png

I come running full speed into the room and vault across the chasm before the trap even has a chance to knock me in. My jump carries me maybe 3/4s of the way across. I start falling, and land on the rough side of the chasm, in which I am able to climb up onto the other side to safety.

In the next room, I seal the doorway with the organic regenerating crystal Krekka used in The Darkness Below, which, when struck, regrows so it can't be broken.

Edited by Underscore

2xu8Ptu.png

I lodge a weapon into the side of the crystal, Prising it off the door and making it through before it manages to grow back.

I put a trap in the floor, making randomly alternating tiles on it, meaning one wrong step would send daggers coming out the walls, killing anyone instantly. Also, There's no set pattern, and every time someone goes in, the pattern is randomly shuffled. have fuun!  :devil:

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

My BZPRPG Characters

It would appear the floor is trapped. So forget the floor. I use my powers over stone to create handholds in the walls, and climb across the trap.

Once across, I use those same stone powers to cover the walls with tiny sharp spike. Whoever comes after me will be unable to climb across the walls without impaling their hands and feet over and over again. They'll have to circumvent my predecessor's trap in a different way.

I step into the chamber to see spikes along the walls and wit the aid of my Hau survive the daggers. With the floor and the walls both booby trapped I use my fire power like rocket propulsion and fly safely across.

Adding my own element to the mix I leave pillars of fire erupting all along the path. "Fire FIre FIre!! Burn!!"

Onua.png

I see the literal fires and traps from Karzahni before me, so I switch back to my main mask, the Iden, and use my spirit to scout out another path. After successfully finding one, I go that way and avoid the hall of death. ((OOC: I don't think anybody could have survived that hall regardless of ability, hehe :P)

After making my way through the new path in the maze, I use my ice to block the hall, rendering the pathway I had found useless for now.

BZPRPG:

I create a shovel using my Iron powers, then tunnel under the bedrock, creating metal posts to support the path. once there is no bedrock above me, I retrace my steps, exit the tunnel, and destroy the metal posts, allowing the Bedrock to fall into the tunnel below. with the path clear, I proceed forward.

In the next hallway, I create trapdoors that open randomly, filled with sharp metal spikes at the bottom. In case anyone tries to fly over it, I rig the walls to shoot metal darts to shoot down anyone who dares to take the easy way out.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

My BZPRPG Characters

I place a layer of ice over the trap doors, stalling them just enough that they break open after I am over them.

Next, I place a selection of weapons in the beginning of the chamber, and wait at the end for the next Dark Hunter to arrive and challenge them

BZPRPG: