Prediction-Theory: Lewa and Skull spider

We all know the infamous Toa of air from Generation 1 that was always being controlled by an infected mask here and a Krana there, but has anyone ever thought that he may be under control again? Of course you did, and this time it's a filthy skull spider! My prediction is that the Toa will have to fight Lewa while under the influence of a skull spider. Also take note that Skull Slicer, the jungle warrior, is wearing a silver skull spider mask.

Good theory, but we already kinda discussed it in another topic about a month back. :P The idea being that it may be time to break that old habit of getting possessed went around quite a bit. On the other hand, I suggested it might be cool if Lewa instead managed to befriend one of the spiders and form a Mata Nui/Click sort of bond. :P

I don't think Skull Slicer has anything to do with Lewa. He's "undead" and has four arms, unlike Lewa who is very much alive and only has two.

• Upvote 2

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Earlier in the year I would have bet that Lewa would be the only one of the Toa to fall to the Skull Spiders. But now I'm not so sure... the Skull Spiders seem to be being abandoned for the most part in the second wave's story, and there's really not room in the story we have currently for Lewa to fall under the Skull Spiders' control for more than a brief period.

I will say that the chances of the four-armed Skull Spider being Lewa are slim-to-none (seeing as nothing has suggested that any such change would befall a Skull Spider's victim).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Couldn't it still be possible for the Skull Spiders to have somewhat of a story influence later in the year? I mean, Kirop appeared in the comics during the Mistika saga, and he was sold during the earlier part of '08. In fact, Lego advertised all of the Av-Matoran during Mistika (although not as extravagantly as Phantoka) to promote their "team-up" function with the sets of that wave. 

That doesn't necessarily mean that I believe that Lewa is to be controlled by a Skull Spider, but Lego has used older material in their current storylines before. 

bZpOwEr

Couldn't it still be possible for the Skull Spiders to have somewhat of a story influence later in the year? I mean, Kirop appeared in the comics during the Mistika saga, and he was sold during the earlier part of '08. In fact, Lego advertised all of the Av-Matoran during Mistika (although not as extravagantly as Phantoka) to promote their "team-up" function with the sets of that wave. 

That doesn't necessarily mean that I believe that Lewa is to be controlled by a Skull Spider, but Lego has used older material in their current storylines before.

Sure, it's possible. But given that the Lord of Skull Spiders himself seems by all indications to have departed the story almost as quickly as he arrived, I'm just not sure. I'm not going to rule it out, but compared to my suspicions early in the year I think it's far less of a sure thing. And I'm fairly certain Skull Slicer has nothing to do with it either, which nullifies the main new "evidence" this theory presents.

One could argue that the Skull Spiders and LOSS are still going to be featured in then summer wave, though. I mean, the Skull Spiders were mainly put into this wave for the 'battle in a box', so having them included in the Summer Wave sets wouldn't really make sense; the villains are now there to fight the Toa, so why put them in more? However, that doesn't mean that they won't be in the summer wave, they just won't be in the sets (unless they release a mask pack-like item, but that's a whole other ballpark that I'm not going to delve into)

As for LOSS, yes it was defeated fast, but that doesn't mean it won't go back and join the Skull Gang to protect the ancient city. I mean, he was basically tossed off of something, right? It's been a long time since I've seen the Italian episode, hehe

Regardless, I think it would be a healthy practice on BZP to start acknowledging more theories; debates are great, and I love a good, well-structured argument, but we seem to be focused on tearing down theories left and right rather than looking at it and examining how it could possibly work. Granted, some theories are absolutely off the wall crack theories, but we should all be a little more accepting, you know?

Edited by ~Haxorus~
  • Upvote 1

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

Why are so many people sure that G2 will be influenced by G1?

I get what you meant by this, but it's still worded awkwardly considering almost everything we know about G2 is influenced directly by the first year of G1. xD

I'd like to see this happen (the potential is there!) but at this point I kind of doubt it. Though I am a little disappointed that NO ONE has been taken control by the Skull Spiders yet. It's a cool point and set function that I wish they actually implemented...

-NotS

• Upvote 2

tahubanner.jpg

Why are so many people sure that G2 will be influenced by G1?

I get what you meant by this, but it's still worded awkwardly considering almost everything we know about G2 is influenced directly by the first year of G1. xD

I'd like to see this happen (the potential is there!) but at this point I kind of doubt it. Though I am a little disappointed that NO ONE has been taken control by the Skull Spiders yet. It's a cool point and set function that I wish they actually implemented...

-NotS

Well, judging by the mini comics, we've seen a couple Protectors being taken control of (although the threat level is extremely minimal since the Toa are right there to knock it off of them :P)

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

My biggest doubt about this type of thing happening has just been the lack of actual story material-- it's pretty much a given that we won't see any skull spider controlling in the little animations, and it doesn't look like we'll have much else to go on.  I suppose they good throw something like that into one of the chapter books (and in fact, if the books do go into the same type of depth as the old ones, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they did), but of course by then the hype train will be gearing up for 2016 :P

• Upvote 1

8NHf8fu.png

Everything is some kind of a plot, man.

Earlier in the year I would have bet that Lewa would be the only one of the Toa to fall to the Skull Spiders. But now I'm not so sure... the Skull Spiders seem to be being abandoned for the most part in the second wave's story, and there's really not room in the story we have currently for Lewa to fall under the Skull Spiders' control for more than a brief period.

I will say that the chances of the four-armed Skull Spider being Lewa are slim-to-none (seeing as nothing has suggested that any such change would befall a Skull Spider's victim).

Not enough room in the story? Am I really hearing you say this?

Not enough room in the story? Am I really hearing you say this?

Well, yes. There are plenty of "blank spaces" in the story so far (most significantly, the Toa's journeys to their Gold Masks), but if we assume the animations to be the core canon, then those spaces doesn't allow for more than a brief takeover (and certainly not an epic showdown between Lewa and another Toa like Onua, seeing as the Toa did not interact at all by that point in the story). It's possible that Lewa could be possessed by a Skull Spider later in the year, but as I said, I'm just much less certain that it's going to happen at this point.

• Upvote 1

Dun, dun, dun, Spoiler alert, Lewa becomes one of the Skull villains. pawns....

No but really. isn't there usually some form of account where one of the Toa(Usually Lewa but I think Vakama did as well) in a team becomes influenced by the enemy in question? Be it bind control or simple persuasion? I don't see any reason to date they couldn't do the same thing here. While true the skull spiders do seem inatiquate compared to the Toa based on the limited animations of Tahu basically mindlessly owning them. Then as each Toa got their respective Masks. Still I could just see one of the Toa being captured and being held down while another slowly and maliciously replacing the Toa's mask with a Skull spider...

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf
  • Upvote 2

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

It'd be a great nod back to G1, and also wouldn't mind Onua saving him ;)

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Yeah let's use Lewa as a Pawn to make Onua the center of attention for a while... I willingly indorse this concept...

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Well, judging by the mini comics, we've seen a couple Protectors being taken control of (although the threat level is extremely minimal since the Toa are right there to knock it off of them :P)

That's true, though we never really see the nitty-gritty of the skull spider mind control... Really brief illustrations to show off set features but that's about it. I'd love to see this delved further as an actual plot point.

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

Well knowing Lewa's bad luck, it would be likely that he'll be controlled  by a skull spider (heck, my review on Lewa have him being attacked by a skull spider :P)
Also I don't think Skull Slicer have anything to do with Lewa besides probably killing him.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Death to Lewa? NOOOOOOOO!! He was one of my first and only Toa back on '01. He is not allowed to die. I forbid it.. :mad:

Onua.png

Death to Lewa? NOOOOOOOO!! He was one of my first and only Toa back on '01. He is not allowed to die. I forbid it.. :mad:

I don't thinks out really have to worry about any of the Toa's deaths; they're main characters who make Lego lots of money, why kill one off?

BZPRPG:

I don't thinks out really have to worry about any of the Toa's deaths; they're main characters who make Lego lots of money, why kill one off?

Well I don't know if it works for toys but I do know certain artists' works become more valuable after they die. So that could give TLG reason to off one of their main characters. Not to pass any ideas to them. Off Kopaka or something. Maybe Tahu, that way another Toa can have the spotlight for a while.

Onua.png

I don't think we really have to worry about any of the Toa's deaths; they're main characters who make Lego lots of money, why kill one off?

Well I don't know if it works for toys but I do know certain artists' works become more valuable after they die. So that could give TLG reason to off one of their main characters. Not to pass any ideas to them. Off Kopaka or something. Maybe Tahu, that way another Toa can have the spotlight for a while.

Did Matoro's price go up when he died? Just a question, I'm not sure if the Mahri sold well enough to warrant his cost (well, value) going up

Also, I think that if they did decide to kill somebody, it would most likely be later on in the series; establish the characters first before they off them, hehe :P

BZPRPG:

I don't think I even knew they existed, so could not answer that one. Better field it to someone who paid attention back then.

Onua.png