Mask of Rahi Control

Saint-14

Hello! I'd like to show my work on the Mask of Rahi Control, the unreleased Kanohi that Toa Hagah Kualus wears

ZkWqpP4.jpg

Full Gallery

I'm using the Hau Nuva Mistika as my base, since this particular version was only ever seen once in canon. The big horn on the head, plus the ninja-like mouth covering all look like it would fit well for this Kanohi, and by cutting off a piece from one of the Hero Factory 2.0 head connectors, I can add the telescopic lens that accompanies many Toa of Ice's masks.

I still need to glue it on, and then paint it white, but what do you think? It will eventually be used for a Toa Hagah Kualus MOC I'm planning on making

Also ignore the current paint job, it will all be fixed and smooth once the mask is finished. The white base I'm using is my sister's nail polish, as was recommended to me in a separate topic, and will maybe be spray-painted or glossed over with a nice finish

• Upvote 6

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

Not bad. Looks alright. However...

I'm using the Hau Nuva Mistika as my base, since this particular version was only ever seen once in canon. The big horn on the head, plus the ninja-like mouth covering all look like it would fit well for this Kanohi, and by cutting off a piece from one of the Hero Factory 2.0 head connectors, I can add the telescopic lens that accompanies many Toa of Ice's masks.

You sure about that? Only once, you say? Not even twice? :P

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Not bad. Looks alright. However...

You sure about that? Only once, you say? Not even twice? :P

Meh, Trinuma was never really a set you could buy on shelves, so I don't really count him as one of the uses (plus he was Brickmaster exclusive for the code, so even more obscure :P)

Plus, if you had to choose any power for the mask design, would you really choose charisma? I mean, what an odd Kanohi hehe

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

The scope is there mainly as a callback to Ko-masks from 2001-2004. I mean, Nuju as a Toa had a scope with no function, so for this mask it is mainly aesthetic, but I do like SPIRIT's interpretation.

Plus it sets the mask apart from the Hau Nuva Mistika

BZPRPG:

I really like this actually. The scope looks AWESOME.

Thank you! I believe the piece I used came from Nex 2.0, or Surge 2.0 (not quite sure, it could even be neither of them), and I reccomend it for any custom projects, since it is made of the same olastic and is easy to cut out (easier than the Akaku scope,for example)

Edit: after a quick Google search, I found out that it did indeed come from Surge 2.0

Edited by ~Haxorus~

BZPRPG:

I suggest you try integrating the scope into the mask a bit with green putty, at least on the bit where you cut the scope apart.

Yeah, I've put some air dry clay in between the cracks, as I tried painting over it and it looks the same as the mask plastic. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

On the topic of paint, too, the I may paint over the base layers I've done with a different colour, as the white I used is too 'pure' (looks too bright compared to the pieces, hehe)

Looks great. I've never tried to 'MoC' any of my pieces though so maybe some will think my judgement clouded by the Dark Side. I never imagined Kualus with an eye scope.

Thanks! I used to carve up masks all of the time as a kid to make new ones (i.e. using the Volitak's mouth piece as the only part of the mask to make it look like a gas mask), and now that I've found a way to buy duplicate masks and have better artistic ability (more or less :P) I figured I would try it out again

And no worries about not 'MoC'ing any of your pieces, it doesn't really cloud your judgement. And about the eye scope; I just really like the 'telescope' motif found in the early Toa of Ice, and I figured that Toa Hagah Kualus, being a protector first and foremost, would use the scope to alert people of dangers before they arrive

BZPRPG:

• 2 weeks later...