How do you store your Bionicles?

Exactly what it says on the tin. How do you store your Bionicles? Do you have them all locked up in a glass cupboard, in cool poses? Do you stuff em all in a couple of boxes? Do you keep your MOCs built long enough to even store em?

As for myself, I have various ways. I also divide my sets and my MOCs.

My sets, the ones with canisters, get stored in their canister, in a couple of boxes (With a couple of exceptions). Larger sets without canisters (Or 'Titans' as I call em) get put into a single box, and smaller sets (ie, Turaga, Matoran) usually get put into a canister of someone who matches (ie, Turaga Vakama with original Tahu, Rahaga Boomonga with Hordika Whenua, you get the idea) Miscellaneous sets, usually ones that are canistered, but I acquired without a canister, simply go into a box.

As for my MOCs, since they are all pretty permanent, they get sent into boxes for each army (Though technically speaking, a couple aren't really armies, just groups.) A couple of lucky MOCs will get the pleasure of standing on my bookshelf, collecting dust,

And as for the remaining bits of leftover parts, they are stuck in a container, waiting to get used. There usually isn't too much, for if I can build a figure, I will, regardless on looks.

I will get some pictures up of all my stuff soon. So, enough about my collection, what about yours?

Toa Han

Edited by Toa Hanahtu

My Flickr. Old Bionicles on Brickshelf

small_logo.png

The vast majority of my constraction sets are disassembled. Most of my old Bionicle stuff is in big ziploc bags (organized by part type) inside a big old plastic bin in my closet. I don't open that up too much. My CCBS parts are stored in a smaller cardboard box I have laying on the floor right over there. Those are divided into three categories (bones, shells, other) themselves. The few Hero Factory sets I have (mostly) assembled just hang out sitting on top of the CCBS carnage. The only other constraction stuff I have are my 2015 Bionicle sets, who are happily displayed on my table...oh, wait. Yeah. I do have my favorite MOC and a Skull Scorpio mock-up I made stowed away in one of these boxes along with a bunch of other random parts...that MOC is pretty much the only permanent thing I have, since I love him too much to ever take apart. Though when I MOC he tends to get cannibalized a little....dude uses most of my ball joints.

Edited by farmstink buttlass

AXKP5KC.png

Almost every single BIONICLE set I own (minus seven or so) are sitting on a shelf that runs the perimeter of my room, in chronological order of year. The only two out of order of Ehlek and Onua (2015), and they're that way because I didn't feel like trying to make room in the shelf areas where they should be. Of the sets that are not on the shelf, they are off either because I'm using their pieces in MOCs, I think the sets are ugly, or they're missing pieces and as such don't want them displayed.

As for canisters, most of them are stored in a box in an attic. I'm sure by now the heat has deformed them and there's probably no real reason to keep them aside from my awful collector's mentality. Some canisters are stored in my closet, and those are holding pieces for sets not on the shelf.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

Disassembled and organized by type in large drawers around my desk. The 2015 sets are mostly together and displayed on my desk, and some of my favorite Gen 1 sets are still assembled but stored away. The only Gen 1 sets I have on display are my Bohrok/Kal, Onewa Metru, Turaga Vakama, Tohunga Huki, Onua Mata, and Gelu. Everything else is in the closet for lack of space.

I typically disassemble my MOCs within a day (after I photograph them), but right now I have a few still assembled from a while ago. One is a big bridge, which I am too lazy to take apart, one is my BBCC69 Malum remake, and also a third thing I whipped together for fun.

I have like no space unfortunately. Hopefully in time I can have an area devoted to Bionicle and MOCing, and put everything on display.

IetTsFQ.png

I keep mine in various states of partial or utter disassembly, mixed up randomly with Mindstorms and Technic in a big ol' red plastic toolbox. I open the lid, and it looks like a zombie apocalypse kill zone. Body parts everywhere... discarded weapons... a chaotic sea of rubble... everything bathed in a vague crimson illumination...

I keep the Kanohi separate, though. I'm like Vezon, in that respect. Sort of a trophy hunter--  'heads of my enemies' and all that. B-)

• Upvote 1

Well at the moment I only have LoSS complete, with my MOCs (& thus the G2: Protectors + Toa) disassembled, all 'addons' & weapons are in one draw, shells in another (somewhat separated by colour), Masks & 6*6 studs aside, spare pieces in one bag, and everything else is just split between "large" and "small" but I'm looking at separating the smaller pieces (particularly the technic ones! although most of the ball-joint-technic-pieces can go together at this point).

I haven't really worked out what I'm going to stick with, but I'm setting up a Spreadsheet to list all the pieces I have, colour, quantity, what sets they are found in, & ID#. My entire collection a this point is 70778 to 70790 (inclusive), so it doesn't take that long to find any given piece I'm after*, but I'd rather have a sorting system set up in advance, especially before Wave 2s 500+ piece influx, and I still want to buy some miscellaneous set so I can build a nice Mask Display(/Suva)

*Yesterday I rebuilt 13 sets that were all entirely disassembled and the pieces were only sorted between bones, shells, "small", & "large", it really didn't take me long at all.

Most of my MOCs don't last long enough that I don't need to worry about separate storage for them, 1 or 2 might sit around the place, but it won't be long before they are cannibalised to make something else ;)

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

Either in parts, or in a bin ish thing under my bed.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

On huge Argos shelves with knocks and dents because of incompetent delivery folks.

Rare collectibles, like 01 masks and misprints are in a box, until I build some contraption to display them in a nice way.  

All of my Gen 1 sets are stored in my closets, either in their canisters/boxes or just stand on a shelf. 

All of my Gen 2 sets are currently standing around on my floor in front of the stand to my Gamecube. It almost looks like they are guarding it. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

my storage system is this: all assembled sets/mocs are on a metal storage rack that I can fit 5 toa across an 2 deep and has 4 shelves.  in front of it are the mocs that I cant fit/to lazy to fit siting atop most of my spare parts.  next to that is a cabinet of sorts that has a mountain of random parts and mocs that over flow from the rack. it`s a complete mess, but it works.

Chaos will prevail... eventually...

Most of my sets are in their canisters in shelved plastic towers, than conveniently fit 12 per drawer, so each year. Then a slew of titans and playsets stowed away. I take a new group of sets every now and then and pose them

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I have all my sets except a few disassembled, then sort them by part type and put them in designated places. MOCs go in my bedroom where they have no chance of being discolored by sunlight. I keep them together until they are outdated or I want to revamp them.

I have most sets years stored in their original canisters, all together like a game of Tetris in boxes that are labeled. The boxes are kept in a closet with easy access.

There are some exceptions, 2007 being most notable as that year's canisters are god-awful. All the Barraki and Mahri are loose, folded away in a box carefully.

Titans and larger sets are in boxes all their own, and not together by year or relation.

Pieces are stored away in plastic bins.

I'd like to reorganize things to make it more friendly, but I'm not sure I have the effort lol

• 2 months later...

Exactly what it says on the tin. How do you store your Bionicles? Do you have them all locked up in a glass cupboard, in cool poses? Do you stuff em all in a couple of boxes? Do you keep your MOCs built long enough to even store em?

As for myself, I have various ways. I also divide my sets and my MOCs.

My sets, the ones with canisters, get stored in their canister, in a couple of boxes (With a couple of exceptions). Larger sets without canisters (Or 'Titans' as I call em) get put into a single box, and smaller sets (ie, Turaga, Matoran) usually get put into a canister of someone who matches (ie, Turaga Vakama with original Tahu, Rahaga Boomonga with Hordika Whenua, you get the idea) Miscellaneous sets, usually ones that are canistered, but I acquired without a canister, simply go into a box.

As for my MOCs, since they are all pretty permanent, they get sent into boxes for each army (Though technically speaking, a couple aren't really armies, just groups.) A couple of lucky MOCs will get the pleasure of standing on my bookshelf, collecting dust,

And as for the remaining bits of leftover parts, they are stuck in a container, waiting to get used. There usually isn't too much, for if I can build a figure, I will, regardless on looks.

I will get some pictures up of all my stuff soon. So, enough about my collection, what about yours?

Toa Han

I basically pose them and make Mocs out of them and when I'm not playing with them, I put them in a bin.

• Upvote 1

A signature is supposed to be this:

Jaeger_Gipsy_Danger_Decal_02.png

and BTW https://screen.yahoo.com/star-trek-convention-000000768.html

I have them in a shelf with a glass door so i could see em. :P

They are in this order:

2001 - 2003 - Upper 

2004 - 2006 - Middle  (I don't have that much sets from 2004 and 2005 but i have a bunch from 2006)

2007 - 2015 + mocs - Bottom

• Upvote 1

:D AvakNuva   :D 

You cannot destroy me. No more than you can destroy the sea, or the wind. Or … the void. - Makuta.

76561198082006892.png

My bionicle and Hero Factory sets are put in plastic boxes, the sets that I like the most are on my shelf.

For the MOCs they are added to my shelf, especially with MOCs like Riaso and Posaivi, that are build which makes it a really bad idea to put them in boxes.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

I would like to have glass shelfs to keep mine in, but I don't have any. So instead I keep mine in a small wooden cabinet, which overflowed to the top of it, which ran out of room and eventually led to keeping the rest of my Bionicles on a table. I don't store any in their canisters, except for my Bohrok. My MoCs also have to stay on the table, which gets quite dusty.  :shrugs:

3VS1.png

I have a large tub for the main Bionicle pieces. A small box for the joints, a divider case for base technic pieces, a wooden box for technic beams, and a shoebox for masks, krana, etc;

I don't have enough of the new system to store individually. And I get the new toa kept together. My MOC toasona as well.

Like some of the posters here, I try to divide my pieces, but I'm not nearly as successful. :D I use a 5-compartment tub for the large pieces, and one of those small craft boxes that resemble tackle boxes for the smaller pieces and little Technic bits.

I'm currently not sure what my plan for Bionicle 2015 is. Unlike my previous constraction figures, I just love these Toa too much to disassemble them yet. 

I usually put my sets/M.O.C.'s on shelves in order to be on display, or in drawers.

For parts, I usually put them in thin drawers based on the the part is to be used (i.e. Heads, Masks, Hands)

Onua.png

I put them in a giant dollhouse my dad made for my sisters when they were younger, but they don't play with toys much anymore so I started putting them in there when my mcdonalds Gorast (who I made a guy since I didn't know at the time) married into the family. At the moment a bunch of bionicles I got for new years are fighting in the dollhouse.

• Upvote 1

Kopaka.png

stone_good.png

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Aside from the inika and the 2015 sets, they are all in various states of disrepair and shoved into a couple 30-gallon tubs in my very old, somewhat damp, basement.

Aside from loosely burying them in the backyard, that is probably one of the worst storage solutions in hindsight...

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

My Toa Mahri are peacefully resting in my draw while Tahu Mata and Onua Mata are in their canisters where my Masterpiece Wheeljack is. Parts go in a large box.

BEHOLD.....THE DREAM TEAM! COMING SOON.... :o

~ Oh hi thar, here are some quotes: ~

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all" -Toa Mata Tahu, MNOG

"Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villans and come home covered in glory. Sometimes, he has to make a sacrifice so that a lot of people he's never met before and who don't know his name can live."

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

Updating my organization. Going to using my dresser for Bionicle pieces.

•One drawer for Gen 1 pieces

•One drawer for Technic beams

•One drawer for CCBS pieces

•One drawer for masks, projectiles, and booklets

•One drawer for universal pieces such as joint connectors, axels, etc; all separated in smaller compartment boxes. Which I'll be buying next pay.

Right now, all of my G1 sets that have their original containers (canisters, boxes, or polybags) are stored in their respective containers in the closet I use to store my Lego stuff that isn't on display. My Turaga, Tohunga, and Exo-Toa don't have boxes/polybags at the moment, so they sit among the boxes until I can find anyone selling boxes (which is actually incredibly hard for whatever reason?)

I have a few spare sets lying around on my desk, right now being my second Boxor, Lewa Mata, and Matoro (Tohunga). The G1 sets I have that are missing parts have their own shelf (there's only 14 of them I think). I have a  few bins of miscellaneous parts as well.

My G2 sets have their own shelf with two sections. The bottom has the six Toa and their protectors (currently missing 3 protectors, hopefully that'll be fixed soon) and the top shelf houses the Lord of Skull Spiders and the Trans-orange hau polybag. In the summer I'll clear off space for the Skull Warriors and Ekimu. I've been thinking about installing LED's to light up the lower shelf as it can get a little dark with all the clutter. Maybe it'll shine through the transparent pieces as well and make them all look cool. 

I've also been thinking about making shadow boxes for Kanohi and Krana, although that's a concept at best at this point.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!