Worldbuilding

Onaku

rOo927S.png

In this game, you get to set your creativity loose. Make up stuff. Now, there are rules, so read on.

Basically, I will begin by writing up some random name. The next poster will then write a town, country, planet, space station, star system or even galaxy with this name (it simply has to be a location, go wild), and then write a name on the bottom for the next poster to write from.

You can be as detailed or sparse with this as you want. Heck, you can practically rip off some existing fictional planet, and it wouldn't be against the rules, but what fun is that?

The location can be any kind of fiction you want, be it the wild west, medieval fantasy or scifi space adventure.

Examples:

Poster 1:

Karagron

Poster 2:

A planet ravaged by fire storms. It has a small mining colony in its northernmost area, where the storms are mildest. Its atmosphere is a dark red, and the ground is mostly a scorched black or grey.

Baraxtos

Poster 3:

A space station orbiting a desolate crystal planet which in turn orbits a binary blue dwarf star system. Its purpose is to research the planet's properties.

Labagrush

Etc...

Alright, I hope everyone understands how this game works. There are no restrictions except that you abide by BZPower rules, so have fun, and go wild.

And to start this off:

Labagrush

UPDATE 1 [March 5 2015]:

Alright, everyone. So Windrider has contacted me, and made it clear that there needs to be some kind of bionicle/lego rule in this game, so that it is bionicle related and not COT material. Now, I reckon I should add one rule (and only one) that will fix this (I hope).

Rule 1: Posts should contain something that references bionicle, be it making the location something related to bionicle themes (matoran inhabitants, rahi wildlife, etc.),  or if you don't want to make it bionicle related, mention how "there are no matoran there" or something along those notes, just something to make it clear that there are matoran somewhere in the universe, just not there.

I think that should be sufficient to have Windrider not kick my *ss this topic be bionicle related.

UPDATE 2 [April 3 2015]:

So the voting in G&T Contest #1 is over, and the results are in. Worldbuilding came in 2nd/3rd place alongside Bionifight: Last Horizon. Hooray! And since the topic is now open again, let's keep playing our butts off!

Edited by Toa Onaku
  • Upvote 4

The capital planet of the Kirief Expanse. It has various biomes, being that of icy tundras, frozen forests and plains, lush jungles and dry deserts. Its soil is a dark grey, the plants a vibrant violet, and the sky is yellow, owing to its unique atmosphere, which the Kiriefs thrive in. It orbits somewhat in the middle of the habitable zone of a blue giant star, and has two moons orbiting it.

Eluraka

(I like this idea...)

A mysterious Island made entirely out of Mexican food, Inhabited by Colourful skeletons that constantly celebrate "The Day of the Dead". (Try to guess what I'm referencing)

Cobalna

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

An obscure planet located in an all-but-dead galaxy located right next to the edge of the universe. The planet's inhabitants are called a name that roughly translates to "Those that first walked upon two legs, and first used their hands for creation". It sounds long in English, but it's just one word in their language, which cannot be conveyed in human writing. They created many things, and were the ones that created the first tools, among which is the first hammer, which later became the rise of many galactic empires throughout the universe's history. There is one matoran on the planet, although how it got there, or what it's doing there remains a mystery.

Iaouea

Edited by Toa Onaku

A planet ten times the size of Earth, yet somehow it possesses almost all of its properties, including roughly the same gravitational pull. Only glaring differences are that its plant life is an orange yellowy colour, its skies are a bright reddish orange, and that its soil is maroon. Its inhabitants are red skinned, with large, bulging, yellow glowing eyes, and no other facial features. They seem to absorb nutrients through their skin, a seemingly advanced form of mitosis. No matoran live there.

Ramakuul

Edited by Toa Onaku

A planet with no visible surface, as any land is on floating islands suspended in the sky.The inhabitants have grown wings or developed other methods of flight to travel between the islands.

Ranoth

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon