Gali 2015 + 2001 colours

Kumata

Similar to my previous take on Pohatu, here's Gali.

post-8134-0-69348900-1425508022_thumb.jpg

And in her classic colours:

post-8134-0-28428000-1425508017_thumb.jpg

I tried something a bit different for this piece - I took a photo of the actual set and digitally traced over it. It’s a testament to the new sets’ flexibility that I was able to achieve an organic-looking pose.

Edited by Kumata
  • Upvote 9

Wait a Rahi picking minute... I literally just seen these pictures on a web-search I did looking for decent Gali picks... Did you post these on flickr or something? It was animated or alike as it kept switching between the two color designs...

P.S. You have a real knack for transporting the Classic color pallets to the new designs making me more than a bit jealous.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Wow, Kumata, that's very impressive! Your attention to the set's details is spot on, although I guess tracing helps with that. :sly: The colors are great too; I like what you did with the transparent colors on both iterations. Now I really want some blue and medium blue pieces to make that second picture. :D

Great job! Are you going to cover the rest of the Toa now?

:music:

Wait a Rahi picking minute... I literally just seen these pictures on a web-search I did looking for decent Gali picks... Did you post these on flickr or something? It was animated or alike as it kept switching between the two color designs...

I posted them on my Tumblr and DeviantArt, yeah.

Great job! Are you going to cover the rest of the Toa now?

:music:

Pohatu's already done, Lewa is on the way... but I've only been making these because I'm in a Bionicle mood; if I start forcing myself to make the other 3 they'll turn out rubbish. So we'l see. :)

Edited by Kumata

I really think the new Gali suffers from excessive use of gunmetal gray. 

The problem I have with all the 2015 Toa is the use of multiple metallic colours; silver, gold and gunmetal grey. I understand it's done to save making parts in new colours, but I think they would really benefit from just one of each.

Amazing art. Really epic pose for Gali, and I love how it is set-accurate while retaining a sense of style.

Also, I really like the original colours. That trans mask is to die for... 

Funny enough, all the Toa are going to have translucent masks this year except for Gali xD

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

Very nice, as I said on deviantART! I love the set-accurate style of the drawing, and the dynamic pose.

I like the version with the 2015 colors a lot better than the version with the original 2001 colors, though. The 2001 version loses the awesome contrast the yellow/gold accents provide, and the color blocking/layering feels more formulaic, losing the feel of metallic greaves and gauntlets.

I never realized how much I missed the 2001 colors until I saw this...

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I never realized how much I missed the 2001 colors until I saw this...

Welcome to the club. I am loving seeing the new Toa in their classic colors.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png