BIONICLE Mafia XXII: Karneval der Toten

Burnmad

Taka Nuvia lay languidly on the seat of a Ferris wheel booth. She was staring up at the pink sky as her car, slowly coming down to rest a step above the platform. Just a few days ago, she'd operated the shooting gallery across from the ride. Every day, she loved to come and relax at the top of the wheel, watching the sunset after a hard day of work. But now the Carnival was destroyed, its staff slaughtered, and her, the last Game Operator, was certain to follow the rest into oblivion. With a sigh, she rose, exiting the car.

Unit was outside, waiting for her. She disinterestedly pulled out her knife, preparing to defend herself from an attack that never came. Instead, she found a parcel pressed into her free hand. “Open it,” the Toa of Ice ordered. The Matoran complied, tearing apart the brown paper wrapping. A hypodermic needle was inside. “No dice,” she said, mockingly. “Try again,” came the response, as he shoved a second gift into her hands.

She shook the present, deadpanning as she stared into her would-be killer's eyes. “Shaking around in there. Sounds too small for a bomb,” she commented as she untied the strings, deliberately taking longer with this one than she had with the first. Wistfully, as she carefully moved the paper out of the way, she said, “I think it's my lucky day...”

She produced a handgun from the box, and without any further ado, shot Sualcatnas the White in the face. The elves had chosen fatefully when they had selected Taka Nuvia's gifts.

Unit, Sualcatnas the White, killed.

Makuta Luroka arrived, too late. “What... What have you done?” He stammered, watching as blood drained from the prone figure of Unit. “Let's get this over with,” Taka said shortly. The gun had only contained one bullet, so she discarded it and drew her knife once more. Luroka lunged forward, swinging his staff horizontally at Taka. The Game Operator dived out of the way, then leaped in, stabbing with her knife. The Turaga swiftly brought up his staff once more, catching the blade on its way to his heart. He gave the wooden rod a twist, tearing the knife from his opponent's grasp.

With a yell, Taka threw her fist at his face, suprising him with her strength and ferocity. Recoiling, he lost his grip on the staff, which spiraled through the air before landing away from both combatants, who were now locked in a hand-to-hand struggle. Luroka kicked the Carnival member away, before rushing towards the discarded staff. Taka managed to stay on her feet, and dashed in the same direction with a sudden burst of speed. Seeing she would get the staff before he did, Luroka shifted his focus; as it was lifted through the air, he grabbed the handle of the knife. The parties stood opposite one another once more, the only difference in their situation being that their weapons had changed hands.

The Game Operator glanced to her left, towards the shooting gallery she had run for so long. Breaking away from her opponent, she sprinted towards it before he realized what she was doing. Too late, he reached the game, only to have Taka point a rifle straight at him. To his surprise, she removed two pistols from beneath the shelf. She slid one to him, the firearm making a scraping noise on the wooden surface. “Draw at zero,” she instructed, dropping her rifle.

“10. 9.”

“What?” Luroka asked, confused.

“8,” came the answer.

Was she giving him another chance?

“7. 6.”

“W-why... Are you?”

“5.”

He stared at the pistol in front of him.

“4.”

He looked back at Taka. She stared right back at him, daring him to do it.

“3...”

She was slowing down her count, drawing it out. Or was it just the adrenaline? He picked up the gun and aimed it at her. She did nothing as he pulled the trigger. But then, neither did the gun.

“2...”

“W-what!” Exclaimed the Turaga, examining the firearm. He turned it back towards her and made several more attempts to fire. Nothing.

“1...”

This time, he lunged for her gun. Before he could touch it, it was in her hand, the butt slamming into his skull. He groaned from the ground as she pointed it at him. She pulled the trigger, and a metal rod with a banner wrapped around it shot from the barrel. His mouth dropped in awe as the banner unfurled, revealing a simple message in Matoran: “Surprised?” He certainly was.

“None of the guns were loaded,” said Taka, a sad smile on her face. Then, she flipped a switch on the fake pistol. “This, however, is not a gun.” A bulb on the end of the rod flashed. Luroka watched it for several seconds as it began to blink with rapidly increasing frequency. Though not quite sure what it signified, he was fairly certain that he didn't want to be near it. Scrambling to his feet, he began to run away from the shooting gallery as fast as his feet could carry him.

Something whistled as it approached the earth. The Turaga kept running, not bothering to look back. From somewhere behind him, a voice called “Zero!” Immediately after, a boom shook the entire carnival as an explosion came from the place where Taka had stood moments ago. A massive fireball roared outward from the source of the explosion, quickly consuming Luroka.

Makuta Luroka, Turaga, killed.

Taka Nuvia, Game Operator, killed.

----------------------

That was 5 games ago. The land upon which the Carnival once stood has been changed several times over, with no signs of the crazed Ringleader's creation remaining upon the landscape. And yet, subtle connections still exist between the current, innocuous town that stands upon the plot of land, and the sadistic carnival that preceded it. When the wills and twisted memories of those long dead begin to manifest themselves in the world of the living, this unassuming village will change dramatically.

Rules:

-If you're dead, you can't talk during the night. To anyone. Even in PM's. Obviously, we go by honor rule on this. You can only talk to others during the day if the Necromancer is alive, and you're not being suppressed.

-Lynchings will operate with neither hints, nor suspect lists. We're all big boys and girls, here.

-Voting will remain open for 48 hours. One person will be lynched. In the event of a tie, the player being voted by the Turaga will be lynched. If the Turaga is not voting for one of the tied players, they will privately contact me with who to lynch. If the Turaga is dead, voting will remain open until the balance of the votes switches. If the balance cannot reasonably switch, due to the Mafia being equal in number to the remaining Village and Neutral roles, both tied players will be lynched.

-All players capable of doing so must vote.

-Play to your win condition. Do not betray your fellow Mafiosi. Do not betray your fellow Villagers. Et cetera.

-There may be multiple victorious parties. Any win conditions that are not obviously mutually exclusive can all be achieved.

-Do not take screenshots of role PMs. Any other conversations are, however, fair game.

-Have fun!

Village (11: Wins by removing the Mafia)

-Potoo:

Kills one person every night.

-Siren:
Can choose to kill a person during the day, by saying a predetermined word to that person.

-Chronicler:
The Chronicler targets one person, and anonymously reveals to the entire village who they targeted that night.

-Astrologer:

Attempts to predict the actions of every other role each night. Each successful prediction increases the odds of changing those actions which were predicted incorrectly.

-Necromancer:

As long as the Necromancer lives, dead players may continue to post in the thread, and otherwise communicate with other players, during the day. Additionally, may perform the action of one deceased player each night.

-Agent:

Can anonymously contact Mafia-sided or neutral roles, through the host.

-Doctor:

Protects one person from death that night. Cannot target self.

-Detective:

Determines the alignment of one person each night.

-Turaga:

Vote counts for double during the day.

-The First of the Dead:

Retains ability to vote, and to communicate with others at any time. Can temporarily suppress the soul of a dead person each night, preventing them from communicating with other players the next day. Can't be killed, on account of already being dead.

-The Judge: When a player is being lynched, guesses at their guilt and acts accordingly. If the Judge determines a player to be innocent, they will still be lynched, but will become a ghost. If the Judge determines a player to be guilty, that player will be lynched, and their soul will be permanently suppressed, preventing them from communicating with other players. Can't be killed, on account of already being dead.

Mafia (6: Wins by outnumbering the Village and Neutral roles)

-Tren Krom:

As long as Tren Krom lives, deaths will be extra-gruesome.

-Hex:

Every night, curses 6 people with 6 words that are over 6 letters in length. When one of those people says one of those words, they will have a 1/6 chance of dying during the day scene. The curse deactivates once someone is killed by it.

-Abductor:

Kidnaps one person each night, preventing them from performing their night action.

-Spy:

Can anonymously contact Mafia-sided or neutral roles, through the host. Appears to be innocent when investigated.

-Recorder:

Listens in on the PM conversation of their target. Is not part of the initial Mafia PM.

-Ghost:

Appears to be innocent when killed or lynched. Is not part of the initial Mafia PM.

Neutral (8: These roles count towards the village's numbers, but only win by satisfying their unique conditions; if the Mafia is eliminated before then, they lose, unless their goal is survival)

-Fool:

Wins by being lynched.

-Pyro:

Chooses three targets each night: One for their flamethrower, one for their shotgun and one for their axe. Wins by killing the village. Or everyone.

-Forger:

Chooses three people at night, who will have a vote taken from or added to their count during the following day. Wins by surviving until the end.

-Protector:

Chooses someone to protect at night. If that person is to be killed, the Protector dies, instead, while also taking out their killer. Wins by successfully protecting someone who goes on to win.

-Feuders x2:

These two try to have each other lynched. They each know the other. They can't win if the other is killed at night, or by the Siren.

-Misanthropic Linchpin:

Doesn't do anything. Goals unknown.

-Ringleader:

Actions and goal unknown.

To...

Go to the carnival.

1. Major Maes Hughes - The Siren, killed, Nacht Vier

2. Zakaro - The Feuder

3. Doorman - The Spy, killed, Nacht Eins

4. Dragon.star - The Astrologer

5. Lord Commander Manducus - The Chronicler, lynched, Tag Zwei

6. Seaborgium - The Fool, killed, Tag Zwei

7. Toa Chuck - The Agent

8. Voxumo: Lord of Ice Picks - The Feuder

9. Schroedinger's Visorak - The Ringleader, killed, Nacht Zwei

10. Arsene - The Doctor, killed, Tag Zwei

11. I HATE PUNS. - The Judge, lynched, Tag Null

12. Anung Un Rama - The Abductor, victorious

13. An/A Blade - The Ghost, victorious

14. Unit#phntk#1 - The Recorder, victorious

15. Ehksidian - The Detective, killed, Nacht Drei

16. Rahkshi Guurahk - The Potoo

17. Sora Tryon - The Necromancer, killed, Nacht Eins

18. JAG18 - The Forger, lynched, Tag Vier

19. Lucina The Hex, victorious

20. This is Spinal Thirst - The Protector, killed, Nacht Zwei

21. Shadowhawk - The Turaga, lynched, Tag Drei

22. Quisoves Potoo - The Tren Krom, killed, Nacht Drei

23. tylerlicious definicious - The First of the Dead, killed, Nacht Null

24. Valendale - The Pyro, lynched, Tag Eins

25. Makuta Luroka - The Misanthropic Linchpin, killed, Nacht Eins

*Snaps fingers*

Edited by Colonel Roy Mustang
  • Upvote 8

Spot 13.1

E: Ninja'd by 30 seconds ._.

~Unit#phntk#1

I am the master ninja, despite not being one in the Ninjago mafia. =)

I considered taking spot 13 but decided against it. I'll point that out. =P

As I can ninja, but don't. =P

:o

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

*Narrows eyes at Jag*

Do you know what happened to the last person who took spot 18? *Motions to Chro*

Spot whatever number should please you.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Two spots left!

*Snaps fingers*

Edit: dear god

where did my avatar--

what

why

Edit #2: Seems to be fine now

Not sure what that was about

Edited by Colonel Roy Mustang

So, did you not count me saying I wanted in, or...

Spine-eating has been outlawed by the Spine Humanity Act

I'm afraid you'll have to sit this one out until you can change your display name again

(added)

*Snaps fingers*

• Upvote 5