BIONICLE Episode 6 Officially Released

tn_15_03_05_bionicle-episode-6.png

Episode 6 of the BIONICLE web series has now been officially released on BIONICLE.com and can be watched from the Videos section. It seems LEGO is or was indeed aiming for a monthly release schedule. Now that the Toa have unlocked their elemental powers, the quest for Ekimu begins, as the forces are evil are growing stronger (though you can't see a lot of them). You should probably go and check it out.

View the full article

• Upvote 4

These webisodes are starting to get more and more swag.

Edited by The Bone-Snatcher

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

These webisodes are starting to get more and more swag.

I agree.

Anyway, I love the dialogue. It is understandable and very great. Things in the webisodes are starting to get more epic.

I noticed some things in this new episode: the narrator messed up Pohatu and Ouna's elements, the foreshadowing of the Lord of the Skull Spiders' eyes, and I heard Kopaka saying "Weee!" In the end of the webisode. Very funny.:)

I believe the webisodes are indeed coming every month. I think episode 7 would come in next month, 8 in May, and 9 (aka final, as much as we know in this half of the year) in June, and soon we would see the Skull Villains and Ekimu in possibly the next webisodes. Looking forward, since I like the webisodes so far.:)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I had an idea in my head as soon as I saw it that the element switch for Onua and Pohatu is an in-joke to the fact that G1 switched Earth and Stone by accident multiple times...Nope, they didn't slip up in this video, it was an in joke...i'll keep telling myself that...XD

Anyway...this felt like a filler episode. Still good, but I can't wait for the last 3 to show up in english.

• Upvote 3

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

Despite having seen this already, it's exciting to at least hear it in English.

That being said, I think the narrator is great but the voices he gives to the characters are kind of grating. The line delivery just isn't great. But as a narrator, he does a splendid job. I actually got chills when he said "Something terrible happened here once... and something even more terrible was waiting". That was so solid. 

Pretty cool how it's the golden masks that lead them to the city too. Definitely different than G1.

Can't wait to hear the Toa's banter, next time on Bionicle!

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

Still not too keen on the fact that they need the gold masks to use their elements. Kinda clashes with their color schemes at times. lol Still, this was a cool episode. I actually didn't hear Kopaka say "Wheeee." I'll have to look back at that!

kudley_sig_2.png

Big time Kudley fan, forever T.U.F.F. Puppy fan!

I'm mostly known as FoxsDumbSeriesMaker on other websites, but here, I'm usually known as General Scales!

Still not too keen on the fact that they need the gold masks to use their elements. Kinda clashes with their color schemes at times. lol Still, this was a cool episode. I actually didn't hear Kopaka say "Wheeee." I'll have to look back at that!

I think I heard a WOOSH (Lego Movie reference intended). :3

• Upvote 2

1. Kopaka yelling 'WWHHEEEE!'

2. Tahu being called a fool.

3. Onua and his continuing identity crisis.

It must be another Bionicle episode! :P

I actually didn't hear Kopaka say 'Whee' at the end of the video the first time I watched it. But on the second viewing I heard it. Does anyone else hear him saying it in a child's voice? It kind of sounded like a child to me when I heard it.

Also, The Protector of Fire's 'No, you fool!' is probably one of the best lines to come out of these episodes so far. It's almost as good as 'I didn't trip.' 

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Funny how, as the story picks up and the animation improves, the voice acting just keeps getting worse. I showed this to my little siblings, and there were several points when the awful delivery made them all burst out laughing. What was once an acceptably cheesy element, or at worst a mild annoyance, has become a hugely aggravating flaw--and, quite frankly, a liability for the franchise.

• Upvote 3

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

I am finding that watching these webisodes without audio or subtitles first is very amusing :D

• Upvote 1

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

These things are kind of fun, but they're just too darn childish. 

• Upvote 1

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

These things are kind of fun, but they're just too darn childish. 

Somewhat matches their market I guess - but I think moving up from that a bit would still appeal to their demographic as well as the older one. But I'm sure they'll adjust as needed.

photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

Funny how, as the story picks up and the animation improves, the voice acting just keeps getting worse. I showed this to my little siblings, and there were several points when the awful delivery made them all burst out laughing. What was once an acceptably cheesy element, or at worst a mild annoyance, has become a hugely aggravating flaw--and, quite frankly, a liability for the franchise.

Dialogue is a liability for a franchise because one person thinks it's cheesy? Well then. Never mind the fact that the franchise is based off, you know, selling the sets, with the animations online being a distant peripheral part.

~B~

• Upvote 2

Dialogue is a liability for a franchise because one person thinks it's cheesy? Well then. Never mind the fact that the franchise is based off, you know, selling the sets, with the animations online being a distant peripheral part.

~B~

Since the animations exist to help sell the sets, yes, any aspect as egregiously bad as the voice acting is a liability. Not a huge one, admittedly, but it's undeniably there, and it just keeps getting worse.

• Upvote 1

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

The voice acting is so off-putting, we don't remember these animations for being awesome and telling the story, we just remember them for the bad voice acting and dialogue, and laugh at them. The animations themselves are really nice, they're just being dragged down by the voicework. If they had actual voice actors all that stuff, people could actually take them seriously and they would be 5x better than they are now.

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif