The Prankster

I was fooling around with some designs one day after receiving a massive BrickLink haul, and this was the fruit of my labors. I present Matau, the Prankster, in all of his Turaga glory.

16498025538_7688daa447.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/happybuzzsaw/sets/72157651116556555

Flickr^ I can't be bothered right now to make that link prettier.

I tried emulating his Turaga robes with the tube there, I think it did a decent job. I actually really enjoy this design, it allows for a good amount of flexibility while capturing the stoutness and shape of a Turaga. What I especially like about his design is how compact and filled in his body is, giving him a solid feel. I don't mind using CCBS, especially in cases like this. I'm working on a hand design that'll give him a thumb. My next Turaga will either be Vakama or Whenua.

• Upvote 11

Flickr: Happybuzzsaw

A very nice revamp, I like the torso design, and you did do a good job emulating the robes with the tube.

• Upvote 1

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

He looks a little too beefy, but otherwise, I love his design. The lanky arms and big hands somehow scream monkey to me, which fits a tree-top dwelling troublemaker perfectly. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Thanks for the feedback. To be honest, his arms coming out lanky was coincidental, those were the only pieces I had on me at the time. Any suggestions to replace the tube? Next up is Vakama, whose topic will include an updated Matau.

Flickr: Happybuzzsaw

I think the Upper arms should be Light Grey, because the arms shape is exactly like the Movie, if you made the upper arms Light grey, then it will be absolutely Perfect.

You were going for the movie look, right? with the Boxy Body? Because in my opinion, you captured the Movie turaga Matau, Wonderfully.