Does a Skull Villain have this Mask?

fishers64

Yes, as previously mentioned, Skull Grinder and Skull Warrior actually wear that type of mask, just in a different color.

At first I didn't see them wearing the mask that is on the backcover of the Lego magazine, it was only a few hours after my first glance at the pictures that I realised they indeed, do wear that mask.

Skull Grinder and Skull Warrior.

Anyway, I remembered we all thought that this is going to be the Mask of Ultimate Power, but it seems it isn't.:( Oh, well. Better luck next year or two. I knew they don't match well, according to The Legend video (that is because of the Mask's spikes in the video).

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Anyway, I remembered we all thought that this is going to be the Mask of Ultimate Power, but it seems it isn't. :( Oh, well. Better luck next year or two. I knew they don't match well, according to The Legend video (that is because of the Mask's spikes in the video).

Given that it looks nothing like the Mask of Ultimate Power, I don't know why people thought that. But then again, there are people convinced that Skull Grinder is Makuta...

~B~

• Upvote 4

Anyway, I remembered we all thought that this is going to be the Mask of Ultimate Power, but it seems it isn't. :( Oh, well. Better luck next year or two. I knew they don't match well, according to The Legend video (that is because of the Mask's spikes in the video).

Given that it looks nothing like the Mask of Ultimate Power, I don't know why people thought that. But then again, there are people convinced that Skull Grinder is Makuta...

~B~

While I'm of the opinion that the Mask of Ultimate Power's depiction in the Legend video is too vague to be used as proof of the Mask of Ultimate Power's shape (honestly I'm not even certain that it HAS a finalized design yet), I think the fact that two of the summer villains wear this mask is proof enough that it isn't a one-of-a-kind legendary mask.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

~B~

While I'm of the opinion that the Mask of Ultimate Power's depiction in the Legend video is too vague to be used as proof of the Mask of Ultimate Power's shape (honestly I'm not even certain that it HAS a finalized design yet), I think the fact that two of the summer villains wear this mask is proof enough that it isn't a one-of-a-kind legendary mask.

I was agreeing that the depicted mask has been essentially proven to not be the Mask of Ultimate Power. You seem to have gathered that I wasn't, and I'm not sure what part of my post would have led you to believe that.

~B~

~B~

I was agreeing that the depicted mask has been essentially proven to not be the Mask of Ultimate Power. You seem to have gathered that I wasn't, and I'm not sure what part of my post would have led you to believe that.

~B~

I think he knew what you meant and was agreeing with you.

• Upvote 2

~B~

~B~

I think he knew what you meant and was agreeing with you.

Yeah, sorry if I wasn't clear. I do agree that it isn't the Mask of Ultimate Power, I just think "doesn't look like it" isn't that convincing a piece of evidence seeing as we don't know with any confidence what the MoUP DOES look like. So I was pointing out some more obvious proof that's not so easily negotiated away.

Edited by Lyichir

I thought of this a few days ago. Does that mean that is not a legendary mask? Or maybe it just represents the Skull "army", the evil of the island.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I thought of this a few days ago. Does that mean that is not a legendary mask? Or maybe it just represents the Skull "army", the evil of the island.

Well, I don't know about "representing" the skull army as a whole, considering only two of the five skull villains wear that mask. But I would bet my bottom dollar that it's not a legendary mask.

Technically we don't even know for a fact that the masks of the Skull Villains have powers or even if they're meant to represent masks at all (they could just be meant to represent faces like Hydraxon's mask or Hero Factory helmets). Of course, if they didn't represent masks, the knocking-off function would seem superfluous, which would be odd since the horns on some of the Skull Villains would presumably make their masks even EASIER to knock off than the Toa's. So on that note, perhaps their masks function somewhat like the Krana of the Bohrok, and removing the masks returns the villains to just being unmoving corpses...

• Upvote 4

~B~

What does the Mask of Ultimate Power look like?

Like a fishy siggy?

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

~B~

It looks like this:

http://biosector01.com/wiki/images/9/90/Video_Mask_of_Ultimate_Power.png

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

~B~

It looks like this:

http://biosector01.com/wiki/images/9/90/Video_Mask_of_Ultimate_Power.png

And see my point above. So much of the mask is obscured that the only parts that are discernable are the "spikes", and I don't think it's even guaranteed that the actual mask will even have that feature (since with such a vague depiction there's no telling whether Lego has even settled on a final design for the mask).

We know the mask that this topic asks about isn't the Mask of Ultimate Power because more than one set wears it (and the boxart for those two sets suggests that at least one of them is not a one-of-a-kind character in the first place). But unless we see a mask that DOES closely match the silhouette from the Legend video, it's irresponsible to assume the shape of the MoUP is a sure thing by any stretch.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 3

*Sigh* Right now the mask design looks like it does in the animations. Could it change in the future? Possibly. The fact is though, the mask we've seen has three protruding edges, and so right now that is canon. It MIGHT change, but for now it's safe to assume that's part of the design. You don't always have to "play it safe" when it comes to things like this. We have a form of visual evidence, and for the time being, as I said before, the MoUP looks like it does in the animation. 

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic
  • Upvote 1

*Sigh* Right now the mask design looks like it does in the animations. Could it change in the future? Possibly. The fact is though, the mask we've seen has three protruding edges, and so right now that is canon. It MIGHT change, but for now it's safe to assume that's part of the design. You don't always have to "play it safe" when it comes to things like this. We have a form of visual evidence, and for the time being, as I said before, the MoUP looks like it does in the animation.

I don't think it's safe to assume anything, at least as far as set designs are concerned. I can at least guarantee that he mask itself will not look EXACTLY like it does in the animations because the majority of what can be seen in the animations is cloaked by a shifting black aura. Considering that, is it really safe to assume that the small segment of the mask that ISN'T totally hidden represents an actual, finalized design?

I'm not disputing that the animated version of the MOUP is all we have to go on for its appearance, by the way. But if there were a Makuta set released that included both the Mask of Control and an unidentified black mask, then in all likelihood we would instantly associate it with the Mask of Ultimate Power even if it DIDN'T have those "spikes", because they're an almost insignificant detail of an incredibly vague depiction. The shape of the mask doesn't carry any weight in arguments until we have some degree of certainty what its shape IS—less than 50% of its silhouette is hardly good enough.

• Upvote 1