Fanmade Kanohi

Toa Flamedramon

I havent posted here in months, mostly due to forgetting about this site and other factors I'd rather not discuss, but anyhooo... 

(NOTE: If anyone out there has made fan-Kanohi and see any similar powers, they are purely conincidental.) 

KanohiFix_MetruSet_zpspepbmd3b.thumb.jpg.e9c03e0b854ef7d506b5b8bffd7990cd.jpg

KanohiFix_EarthSet_zpsgiypjagt.thumb.jpg.0b7c9742e58d8b1202fb9ed0cc70febb.jpg

The first 6 masks came from an old, silly concept I made in the old BZP Forums. Essentially, the human characters from Digimon Tamers became Toa Metru while their Digimon became Toa Hordika. 

The Kanohi Koai (from the Japanese kowaii meaning 'scared') was originally for Rika, who became a female Toa of Ice. But it better suited a Toa of Lightning, which are canonically female. The Kanohi Tugitu was for Kazu, a Toa of Earth/Stone (the Matau of his team), but I felt making a dual-element Toa was dumb so I made it for a Toa of Iron. The Kanohi Morphis was for Kenta, who I made into a male Toa of Water, and the non-organic Calix is meant for Takato, who I gave a mask with similar powers to the Calix long before it was created. 

The Kanohi Mirako (from the word miracle) was a random design I came up with, and the last 6 masks were originally designed for a crossover with an old cartoon but it was so obscure I ditched that idea and made them into masks worn for Toa that were human instead of Spherus Magnans (is that the proper term?) 

Edited by Toa Flamedramon
  • Upvote 8

Wow, these are really cool designs. My favorite is the Kanohi Augaru because of the awesome overall design and the design of the visor itself. At first glance I thought it was going to be a mask associated with space or something Astronomy related, but it turns out it is something quite different.

I like the idea behind Elemental Exchange and Time Perception, though their designs are a bit weird. But by design alone, I think your Calix and the Mirako are excellent (even though Mirako sounds like Morocco and I can't take it seriously, no offense to any Berbers out there).

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I like the idea behind Elemental Exchange and Time Perception, though their designs are a bit weird. But by design alone, I think your Calix and the Mirako are excellent (even though Mirako sounds like Morocco and I can't take it seriously, no offense to any Berbers out there).

I based the designs of those masks on drawings I made when I was younger. The mask that was going to be the Mask of Elemental Exchange originally was cheetah-themed Kakama and the Mask of Time Perception was originally a samurai-themed Akaku. The name "Mirako" was my attempt at "Bionicle-izing" the word "Miracle".

Edited by Toa Flamedramon

I based the designs of those masks on drawings I made when I was younger. The mask that was going to be the Mask of Elemental Exchange originally was cheetah-themed Kakama and the Mask of Time Perception was originally a samurai-themed Akaku. The name "Mirako" was my attempt at "Bionicle-izing" the word "Miracle".

What process did you go under to make it Matoran? What I do is to translate the desired word into Maori and/or Hawaiian and then customize it a little. (For Agori I translate the desired word into both Greek and Latin (sometimes Mongolian), fuse the two, and then edit it a little)

Also, in the first post you ask for another image hosting website. Well, I got three!  DeviantArt, Brickshelf, and Majhost.

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I've been trying for so long to get a decent non-organic Calix, but I have to say yours is the best I've seen. The goggles look a little odd, but I really like the mouth area, and it is instantly recognizable. I also really like the designs of the Mopiki, Tugitu, Tekitai (I had a similar idea once), and Phaaza.

There's also a lot of interesting powers here. Retreat just makes me laugh for some reason picturing a Toa rolling themselves into a ball. :P Endurance, Time Perception, and Elemental Exchange are also pretty cool.

What process did you go under to make it Matoran? What I do is to translate the desired word into Maori and/or Hawaiian and then customize it a little. (For Agori I translate the desired word into both Greek and Latin (sometimes Mongolian), fuse the two, and then edit it a little)

Also, in the first post you ask for another image hosting website. Well, I got three!  DeviantArt, Brickshelf, and Majhost.

I pretty much did the same, I Google Translated some masks' powers into Maori and if a word had two meanings I combined them. Some of the mask names are alterations of English or Japanese words referring to their abilities. 

These are cool, the Rakupu reminds me of the Rau for some reason though,

I wanted to make it different from the Rau, since in Legends of Metru Nui it translated Kikanalo. The Rakupu translates creatures that are less intelligent than the Kikanalo. 

I've been trying for so long to get a decent non-organic Calix, but I have to say yours is the best I've seen. The goggles look a little odd, but I really like the mouth area, and it is instantly recognizable. I also really like the designs of the Mopiki, Tugitu, Tekitai (I had a similar idea once), and Phaaza.

There's also a lot of interesting powers here. Retreat just makes me laugh for some reason picturing a Toa rolling themselves into a ball. :P Endurance, Time Perception, and Elemental Exchange are also pretty cool.

The goggles were sort of a reference of the Digimon character Takato (who wears goggles) becoming a Toa Metru. The Toa I wanted to wear the Morphis was going to be timid and somewhat cowardly so being able to roll up into a ball fits that personality trait. 

Nice ! I like Kanohi Tekitai, I think I'm seeing Optimus Prime face in it.

The Tekitai was once a Kanohi Hau made to look like a Gundam. So I wanted to make it look less like that but at the same time make a reference to it.  

I would love to see the Kanohi Tugitu in other colors, maybe silver. I love the concept of the mask; to me it's the "Liquid Luck" of Bionicle (in mask form). Not to say that brown is a bad color, because it is not a bad color. The brownish-bronze feel that you gave the mask makes it look like it is almost tarnished, which coincides with the "misfortune" detail of the mask.

Great job with all of these masks. :)