Review: Wildfire

SPIRIT

Wildfire

Wildfire was originally started on Mar 6 2006 and was completed on Sep 20 2008.

This will be a largely unedited reposting of the original story, with a few edits here and there for the sake of grammar and clarity.

Edit: Alright, it took a while, but the whole thing is finally up.

Edited by SPIRIT

That was really great. I like the web of politics you've spun around this darker Mata Nui.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

• 4 years later...

Gosh I was literally thinking about this fanfic yesterday, awesome to know it’s still here. I am still impressed by the feat of running two parallel timelines in each chapter, coordinating and plotting that much detail, balancing all the characters, it’s incredible. I have to reread this one of these days. Though given later reveals in the Gen One canon…

Spoiler

…I wonder if the “heaven” Jaller saw Hahli in was actually the Red Star. Huh, wonder if the Red Star was out of range when Takua “detonated reality.” Could the Matoran who died before the climax be up there still, bringing their war to the Red Star?

Edited by Harvali
  • Upvote 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

On 2/1/2020 at 6:11 AM, Harvali said:

Gosh I was literally thinking about this fanfic yesterday, awesome to know it’s still here. I am still impressed by the feat of running two parallel timelines in each chapter, coordinating and plotting that much detail, balancing all the characters, it’s incredible. I have to reread this one of these days. Though given later reveals in the Gen One canon…

Hide contents

…I wonder if the “heaven” Jaller saw Hahli in was actually the Red Star. Huh, wonder if the Red Star was out of range when Takua “detonated reality.” Could the Matoran who died before the climax be up there still, bringing their war to the Red Star?

I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I really like your theory!

I once envisioned a bit of a sequel where Tridax steps in at the last minute and pulls Takua into the prime universe as part of his plan to create an army of Shadow Takanuva.  Takua then escapes and gets to examine a world without war and explore what it is to be a survivor.  Realistically this will never be written because I just don't have the free time I did in high school.