The Wastes (music track)

Distorted

So the other day, I suddenly realised, "Hey, I could use the sound files from one of the old mini CDs for something!" 

A day or two after ripping them from the disc, I had this:

http://soundcloud.com/hi-guys-its-disty/the-wastes

Would love to hear your opinions on this! Thanks!

• Upvote 5

This sounds really cool! It sounds like it could have actually been a song used in MNOG or something like that. The narration really adds a nice touch.

I do have one critique, though: at about 2:15, there's a 16th note hi hat pattern. It all is kind of just loud, without any variation between notes. Maybe some kind of accent pattern would help that?

• Upvote 1

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

This sounds really cool! It sounds like it could have actually been a song used in MNOG or something like that. The narration really adds a nice touch.

I do have one critique, though: at about 2:15, there's a 16th note hi hat pattern. It all is kind of just loud, without any variation between notes. Maybe some kind of accent pattern would help that?

Thanks! I did mess around with the positioning and velocity of those hi-hats, but unfortunately didn't do anything to vary the pitch between each hit. I'll definitely lower the volume and vary the pitch around if I ever make a new copy.

Thanks! I did mess around with the positioning and velocity of those hi-hats, but unfortunately didn't do anything to vary the pitch between each hit. I'll definitely lower the volume and vary the pitch around if I ever make a new copy.

It's not the pitch that would change, it's the velocity or volume. It's a very minor thing though, I only heard it on my second listen.

• Upvote 1

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

It's not the pitch that would change, it's the velocity or volume. It's a very minor thing though, I only heard it on my second listen.

No I know, what I'm saying is I remembered to alter the velocity but I didn't bother doing any pitch-shifting, which I should have done in retrospect. :)