Do we know that we will get a Vahi in set form in Bionicle G2?

fishers64

not sure where you've heard that or by whom, however I have not heard much on the subject. It is highly possible that down the line, perhaps in an official set but more than likely a special release some time in the next 3 years. That being said I believe the visuals of the Gen1 Vahi are just that for now. Seeing as how there needs to be some edits to the Vahi to make it Gen2 compatible. That is if they want to call it the Vahi and not just Mask of Time to go along with the naming motif of the masks this gen's rotation.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I'm pretty sure we will get it someTIME. With the Mask of Creation, and now the Mask of Control (worn by some skull enemies?), we will see the Mask of Ultimate power, which apparently not the Mask of Time. 

Wow, 4 legendary masks. Original story had like 3 over 10 years lol

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

DeeVee will have a more firsthand account, but the whole reason people have been saying that G2 and G1 being connected by the Vahi is because of the comments by the people made at NYCC; they talked about the original Vahi (which they called "half a mask") and then said that we would get the "whole thing" later on. This isn't referring to any obscure story point, but rather the physical properties of the mask itself.

So yeah, given that, we're likely getting it. And I'm excited.

Edited by Dorek
  • Upvote 3

Deevee will have a more firsthand account, but the whole reason people have been saying that G2 and G1 being connected by the Vahi is because of the comments by the people made at MYCC; they talked about the original Vahi (which they called "half a mask") and then said that we would get the "whole thing" later on. This isn't referring to any obscure story point, but rather the physical properties of the mask itself.

I'm pretty sure that was TTV, not something straight-up confirmed. 

Deevee will have a more firsthand account, but the whole reason people have been saying that G2 and G1 being connected by the Vahi is because of the comments by the people made at MYCC; they talked about the original Vahi (which they called "half a mask") and then said that we would get the "whole thing" later on. This isn't referring to any obscure story point, but rather the physical properties of the mask itself.

when did this happen i find i very unlikely that they did

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

People be confused.

The "Mask of Time" is 100% confirmed. Not the the word "Vahi".

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

DeeVee will have a more firsthand account, but the whole reason people have been saying that G2 and G1 being connected by the Vahi is because of the comments by the people made at NYCC; they talked about the original Vahi (which they called "half a mask") and then said that we would get the "whole thing" later on. This isn't referring to any obscure story point, but rather the physical properties of the mask itself.

The mask of time is a thing in Gen 2, it says so in the minimag that came with the Lego Club Magazine. Besides, the mask has gotten a ton of cameos and with the plot revolving around the temple of time anyway, but it has had its name used specifically.

Anyways, I'm definitely into the idea of getting a mask of time and imagine that we'll be getting one towards the end of the line or next year, depending on how the story goes. I feel the design will be inspired by the old vahi, but will take its own liberties to create a more unique design.

Edited by Banana Gunz
  • Upvote 1

It'd be pretty silly to mention the mask of time and never give us one, that's a little Gen1, dont'cha think? :b

Ouch much? why the hate on Gen1?

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

well guess that makes sense.

PS. Knew it was a joke. I think :P.

Onua.png

The mask of time is a thing in Gen 2, it says so in the minimag that came with the Lego Club Magazine. Besides, the mask has gotten a ton of cameos and with the plot revolving around the temple of time anyway, but it has had its name used specifically.

I know, it was also mentioned in the most recent Club page about the Golden Masks of Power. Fishers was asking specifically about the set form.

I'll let Deevs throw his version up (if he's paying attention to this =P), but this is where the whole confusion has come from in the first place; they (the LEGO people) said "half a mask" and then "whole thing". People took that to mean about the story, since everybody is desperate for a G1 connection, and there's the Vahi cameos. By DeeVee's account (which I'm generally inclined to believe) they were talking about a set version, the physical "half" shape of the original Vahi.

It won't be called the "Vahi", obviously, because there aren't mask names anymore, but we have gotten several solid references to the Mask of Time, so presumably that's what it'll be. When and where is anybody's guess; it'd be amazing to see it as the included collectible in the upcoming guidebook, but we'll just have to wait on that.

Edited by Dorek
  • Upvote 1

I'll let Deevs throw his version up (if he's paying attention to this =P), but this is where the whole confusion has come from in the first place; they (the LEGO people) said "half a mask" and then "whole thing". People took that to mean about the story, since everybody is desperate for a G1 connection, and there's the Vahi cameos. By DeeVee's account (which I'm generally inclined to believe) they were talking about a set version, the physical "half" shape of the original Vahi.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure the phrasing was "half a mask" and then "we'll have a whole mask". Which is a pretty strong difference, and one of the major reasons I'm disinclined to believe any of the various vahi-reboot-connections going around. It's simply not in the wording.

• Upvote 5

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

are we sure it was "whole mask" and not "hole mask"? Just asking incase there is a loophole somewhere so they wont have to release a Mask of Time.

• Upvote 1

Onua.png

With all of the references to the mask (the specific mention at the panel, the Vahi easter eggs, and the various mentions in story materials) I would bet that we'll be getting it at one point

I mean, most likely in a new shape, and it won't be called the Vahi (due to masks this generation not having true names beyond listing their powers), although we can hope that they might name them eventually

Edited by ~Haxorus~

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

I don't think it's confirmed without a shadow of a doubt (this kind of thing basically never is until we see pictures), but we know there is a Mask of Time in the story, the "whole mask" comment tells us that it will have a new shape that we haven't seen yet, and the mention of it in the mini-magazine suggests it will be involved in the story in a significant capacity (unlike things like the Mask of Mutation, Mask of Charisma, or the G1 Mask of Creation that were nothing but trivia to make the minor characters who wore them seem more fleshed-out). I think it'd be pretty foolish for LEGO to plan that kind of thing out without any plans to ever release a physical version.

• Upvote 2

If I were in their shoes I'd personally reuse the word Vahi somewhere maybe as a secondary name (instead of primary). I mean it'd be kind of nice and it's another nice throwback and doesn't cause any issues as far as I'm aware. :P That being said given the Mask of Creation/masks in general don't have specific names other than their like title name I'm guessing Vahi won't ever be used even in passing reference (seems like the phrases such as Toa etc... will be phased out too in favour of the title naming system).

photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

This is true. Because the Vahi is a Mask name, it likely wont be carried over to Gen2. Like the other Masks who are so named for their power/element and not so much a special name/term within the language. Though if someone said "gen2 Hou or Kaukau" I don't really think anyone will be all too confused as to what mask they are referring. However the Franchise terms such as Toa would likely remain as it is part of telling sets apart. Such as the Protectors are not Toa or the Skull Villains.

Onua.png

I think due to the mask of time having less relevance then the mask of creation, control, and ultimate power, I think it might not be involved until a forth year (and that's if one even happens).

While not specifically displayed in mask form as the other 3, It was the catalyst to which the Protectors summoned the Toa to the Island. How they went about using it was never stated. Just that within the temple of time they used the Mask of time to summon the Toa. Did a single Protector wear the mask, or did they pour their elemental power into it via the beams of elemental energy? Though I am guessing the Mask of Time is not hidden in the same manner as the other 3. After all depending on how long the ritual lasted and how long it took for the Toa to come after it had finished, it seems it may not have been "lost" like the other 3 mask. It may still be locked away either in the Temple itself or in one of the villages.

• Upvote 2

Onua.png