Favorite Cartoons

12 am to 3 am? Dannnng.

You could only squeeze in like 6 or 7 episodes.

Yep, that's the price for The Cleveland Show. :plain:

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Does anyone here remember the cartoon show, Squirrel Boy? I think that was one of the few good/funny shows after CN's 2005 management change (to a lesser degree then Flapjack and Chowder). What was the squirrel's name, Randy? I can't remember...

Rodney. Yeah, that show was actually pretty good.

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

I thought that had ended?

Anyone hear more about the supposed KND remake?

It did, but reruns are shown on [adult swim].

I've heard about the reboot, but i don't know anything about it.

Does anyone here remember the cartoon show, Squirrel Boy? I think that was one of the few good/funny shows after CN's 2005 management change (to a lesser degree then Flapjack and Chowder). What was the squirrel's name, Randy? I can't remember...

Rodney! There we go! Thanks a bunch dude. And yeah, I loved that show. :D

"That kid is going to be president someday..." :P

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

Saw the original spongebob movie for the first time in years yesterday, Primus, why couldn't the post season four series be like that.

Now it's all just character mutalation.

i love that movie! I really want to see the second one :D

I find the post-2005 episodes to be hit-and-miss, largely miss. But, I find that the original creator of Spongebob, who left Nickolodeon after fights over the shows direction (creator wanted mostly-smart and child-friendly humor, Nick wanted gross out humor and mutilation; I think you know who won) is coming back after the success of the second Spongebob movie (which he made). I hope these rumors are true! :D

A shame I can't remember his name... :lol:

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

The newer seasons of Spongebob are a tab bit disturbing for my taste. I have nothing against being disturbed (I've watched Courage the Cowardly Dog when I was a kid), but the way Spongbob puts it makes it really unnerving. Anyone remember the episode with Plankton contemplating about suicide when he was tormented by Krabs through the use of whales?

Seriously, how do these shows get away with it?

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

The newer seasons of Spongebob are a tab bit disturbing for my taste. I have nothing against being disturbed (I've watched Courage the Cowardly Dog when I was a kid), but the way Spongbob puts it makes it really unnerving. Anyone remember the episode with Plankton contemplating about suicide when he was tormented by Krabs through the use of whales?

Seriously, how do these shows get away with it?

Courage was FREAKY. *shivers*

But it was a weird kind of disturbing, spongebob is a gross kind of disturbing.

Or the episode where squidward puts his head in the oven, only to pull cookies out, the holds a rope up to a hook, only to hang a clam cage, and something else. All looked like he was planning to off himself. Patrick's become a jerk, spongebob a stalker, Krabs is even more of a penny pincher, to the point of endangering others, and sandy is just kinda there.

Edited by Decepticonwarrior

Courage was freaky as schnit, but it will always have a place in my heart. As much as the episode with the Spirit of Harvest Moon was, though I forget it right now, there was a message in it that touched me deeply, just like the episode with the giving tree.

Yeah, it's funny how Nick doesn't really know what to do with Sandy Cheeks after the whole chimpanzee episode.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

The episode with Fusilli still disturbs me.

Spirit of Harvest Moon still scares me. I mean c'mon. There's a floating Ghostface liked thing down in your basement. Who wouldn't be terrified of that?

Ramses is still frightening, along with his poor CGI movements.

The episode with a roach-like thing guiding Courage and crew to Muriel's sitar concert(?). The whole premise of the episode is equally as frightening as Spirit of Harvest Moon.

Katz's motel eerily reminds me of Psycho.

I thought that had ended?

Anyone hear more about the supposed KND remake?

It did, but reruns are shown on [adult swim].

I've heard about the reboot, but i don't know anything about it.

Rodney! There we go! Thanks a bunch dude. And yeah, I loved that show. :D

"That kid is going to be president someday..." :P

Do you remember if it was Richard Horvitz who voiced him? All characters who he voiced had a distinct tone, and I seem to recall that Rodney sounded like that.

Fusilli was the traveling puppeteer who would turn people into marionettes if they danced on his stage.

"How now, brown cow?"

Edited by Toa Vanson

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  

• 3 weeks later...

I loved that show and I make a reference to it about once a week. :lol:

"Obey the fist, OBEY IT!!"

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

You know, I didn't watch Invader Zim when I was younger. Recently I saw one or two episodes and I really like it. I might have to plan watching the whole series front to back. It's a shame I didn't watch it when I was younger, though, I would have really liked it.

You know, I didn't watch Invader Zim when I was younger. Recently I saw one or two episodes and I really like it. I might have to plan watching the whole series front to back. It's a shame I didn't watch it when I was younger, though, I would have really liked it.

Did you at least watch Ren and Stimpy while growing up?

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Did you at least watch Ren and Stimpy while growing up?

Nope. I think I'm just a little too young to have watched it.

here is (most) of the series

https://www.youtube....BC075BA3A6D336D

Thanks, I'll have to check it out.

I was largely into the channel ToonDisney, namely the shows House of Mouse, Chip 'n' Dale: Rescue Rangers, Tailspin, Darkwing Duck and others.

Cartoon Network used to be the best channel for cartoons. Seriously: Camp Lazlo, Codename: Kids Next Door, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and My Gym Partner's a Monkey, not to mention Ed, Edd, 'n' Eddy, Dexter's Laboratory, and Duck Dodgers.

Nickelodeon was also great back in the day when they had The Wild Thornberry's, Danny Phantom, and The Last Airbender. Korra started off ok but then became the best thing they've had since then. The only good show they still have (imo) is The Fairly Odd Parents.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

Nick is dead to me these days. Spongebob and Fairly Odd parents are nothing but hollow shells of what they were.They both either digest or bore me. And anything new they introduce are just generic band shows and whatnot. 

CN is the best channel exempt for two things: Uncle Grandpa is ok.But Teen Titans Go! is one of the worst cartoons.

cringe

Nick is dead to me these days. Spongebob and Fairly Odd parents are nothing but hollow shells of what they were.They both either digest or bore me. And anything new they introduce are just generic band shows and whatnot. 

CN is the best channel exempt for two things: Uncle Grandpa is ok.But Teen Titans Go! is one of the worst cartoons.

I just feel that good cartoons are extremely hard to come by these days. The humor in them just makes me cringe, not to mention that they don't really entertain me. Regular Show is the only one that's gotten a chuckle out of me, but it still just fails to impress me. 

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

I just feel that good cartoons are extremely hard to come by these days. The humor in them just makes me cringe, not to mention that they don't really entertain me. Regular Show is the only one that's gotten a chuckle out of me, but it still just fails to impress me. 

This. There's a few shows that people say are pretty cool that I haven't had a chance to check out (Clarence, Uncle Grandpa, Star vs The Forces of Evil) but most aren't that good. Regular Show is OK occasionally. I like its humor, but not all of it. Adventure Time is..meh...? I don't get it, really. Also, has anyone seen that mini series that was on Cartoon Network last fall? I can't remember what it's called for the life of me, but apparently it was really good. It looked kind of rustic and it reminded me of Flapjack a little bit. 

This. There's a few shows that people say are pretty cool that I haven't had a chance to check out (Clarence, Uncle Grandpa, Star vs The Forces of Evil) but most aren't that good. Regular Show is OK occasionally. I like its humor, but not all of it. Adventure Time is..meh...? I don't get it, really. Also, has anyone seen that mini series that was on Cartoon Network last fall? I can't remember what it's called for the life of me, but apparently it was really good. It looked kind of rustic and it reminded me of Flapjack a little bit. 

Oooh, Over The Garden Wall. Fantastic. Watched it recently myself, would recommend.

Yeah, I think someone who worked on Flapjack worked on OTGW as well.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Over the Garden Wall, yes. That was a really good one. Great atmosphere, great music, good style and animation.

Oooh, Over The Garden Wall. Fantastic. Watched it recently myself, would recommend.

Yeah, I think someone who worked on Flapjack worked on OTGW as well.

Yes, that's what it was, thank you. I watched a review on it and it seemed really good.

The same guy who did Flapjack (and in-turn Chowder) made Over The Garden Wall? Dang, now I wish I didn't pass on it when it was being shown last fall.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

The same guy who did Flapjack (and in-turn Chowder) made Over The Garden Wall? Dang, now I wish I didn't pass on it when it was being shown last fall.

Was it actually the same creator (Thurop van Orman) or was it just one of the same storyboard directors or something?

Side note, Flapjack is one of the best cartoons ever made. Who agrees?

Was it actually the same creator (Thurop van Orman) or was it just one of the same storyboard directors or something?

Hear hear! I love that show so much.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

"Why is an ugly letter, Captain."

"No, YOU is an ugly letter."

I frikkin love all the little details on everything and how a lot of people had over-sized gums. :superfunny:

#1 things I quote from that show is Dr. Barber and the 99 Pence Store, and an every now and then Candy Island Adventure reference (AYYDVENTURE!).

"Eht's me, DOCTUH BAHRBAH.    MMMMMMM, YEEEEHS.    HYPNOTIZE, HYP--NOTIZE!!"

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I frikkin love all the little details on everything and how a lot of people had over-sized gums. :superfunny:

#1 things I quote from that show is Dr. Barber and the 99 Pence Store, and an every now and then Candy Island Adventure reference (AYYDVENTURE!).

"Eht's me, DOCTUH BAHRBAH.    MMMMMMM, YEEEEHS.    HYPNOTIZE, HYP--NOTIZE!!"

"99 pence bottles with little ships in 'em!"

"99 pence ships with little bottles in 'em!"

"99 PENCE SHIPS!"

My favorite episodes were any with Poseidon in them, like the one with the ship figurehead and the one with the moon.

"I claim this moon and I will be its king. MOOON KIIING."

"And I'll be the moon queen!"

"Uh, no, you get to be...uh...the royal servant boy."

Even though this isn't considered a cartoon.

Does anyone remember Goosebumps? That show would scare the daylights out of me when it ran on CN for the Halloween month.

Oh yes. The one that scared me the most was when the kids got lost in downtown London and they stay in the creepy hotel and go back in time or something. That theme song is still stuck in my head  :P .

Even though this isn't considered a cartoon.

Does anyone remember Goosebumps? That show would scare the daylights out of me when it ran on CN for the Halloween month.

Oh yes. The one that scared me the most was when the kids got lost in downtown London and they stay in the creepy hotel and go back in time or something. That theme song is still stuck in my head  :P .

I remember watching an episode about these two werewolves were roaming a suburban neighborhood and some kid figures out that it was his neighbors.

Looking back at it now, the episode wasn't scary, but it sure as heck was when you were 9.