The Tyrant Lizard King Hits 10k

Yet another project on LEGO Ideas has achieved ten thousand votes of support and will enter the next review phase. Bricksauria: Tyrannosaurus rex is the second project by senteosan to reach this milestone. Interestingly enough, the last project, Jurassic Park, includes this same T. rex model as this one. It's just as awesome now as it was then, and I'm very interested to see what happens when they each go through their respective reviews. With Jurassic Park sets coming out this year, that may have an impact for better or worse - we'll have to wait and see!

View the full article

I know everyone's going to jump on me simultaneously for saying this, but I hope that, if this passes review, they'll take advantage of it being divorced from its JP context and change the erroneous aspects of it so we can have a beautifully accurate LEGO T. rex.

Out of curiousity, what inacuracies do you see? With all the issues with the dilophosaurs and veloceraptors, I never really saw any physical errors with Mr. Rex. While its true that T-Rex had good eyesight and an excellent sense of smell (Just don't move! I'm sure it won't smell you or anything!), this doesn't make a difference in a set. As for feathers, while we know that smaller theropods have them, the bigger ones are much more uncertain.

I am however, displeased at this Tyranosaur's apparent lack of teeth.

The Chirox Codex

Chuck's Very Dead Comic Series

:smilehafu: This is my signature. Exciting, huh?  :ruru:

I know everyone's going to jump on me simultaneously for saying this, but I hope that, if this passes review, they'll take advantage of it being divorced from its JP context and change the erroneous aspects of it so we can have a beautifully accurate LEGO T. rex.

Out of curiousity, what inacuracies do you see? With all the issues with the dilophosaurs and veloceraptors, I never really saw any physical errors with Mr. Rex. While its true that T-Rex had good eyesight and an excellent sense of smell (Just don't move! I'm sure it won't smell you or anything!), this doesn't make a difference in a set. As for feathers, while we know that smaller theropods have them, the bigger ones are much more uncertain.

The arms are too long, with the wrists in an impossible position (facing the ground). Considering how much people joke about its short arms, it's hilarious that most people render them too long. Additionally, it has large, pronounced brow ridges/crests, which is not a feature of the Tyrannosaurus skull. (Its skull is also somewhat slender, but that's unique to this model; the JP rendition isn't like that. I'd imagine it's the result of their struggle to get the shaping right.)

They're not big, glaring issues, like "Velociraptor" and Dilophosaurus, but they make the difference between a scientifically accurate attempt at the creature and just yet another Jurassic Park toy.

(Also pretty much all evidence currently points towards T. rex having been at least partially feathered. We discovered a feathered tyrannosaur, which definitely blows holes in the previous upper size limit people insisted on, so it makes sense to assume all tyrannosaurs were feathered to some extent, including ol' Sexy Rexy. Cladistically speaking, feathers are actually a more rational assumption than pure scales at this point.)

• Upvote 2

I think it'd be a lot cooler made out of CCBS. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?