Hitman XVIII: The Stench of Darkness

ShadowVezon

I've decided to finally stop procrastinating and get started.

The Plot:

The Shadowed One (who is still ShadowVezon in disguise) has organised another Hitman tournament, while secretly starting a zombie outbreak in the process, in order to determine the usefulness of zombies as a method of surviving death.

How to Play:

In Hitman, each player is trying to kill all the other players; each odd-numbered turn all active players will PM me a target and a weapon of their choice to use that round.  

Each player PMs me their profile with their weapon resistances; each weapon must have a number between one and six, but no two weapons can share the same number.

An example profile:

Blunt Objects: 3

Sharp Objects: 4

Explosives: 

Poisons/Toxins: 6

Ranged: 2

Elemental: 1

In order to kill a player, the die roll needs to be greater than the targeted player’s resistance.  E. G. Huffpuff attacks Bahu with a Mace (blunt object) and a 5 is rolled.   Bahu’s blunt object resistance is only 4, so he is killed.

Be as creative as you want in your weapon choice so long as a weapon type (sharp object, blunt object, etc.) is included.  If a weapon type is not included, I will assume the most logical type for the weapon chosen.  

At the beginning of each round every player will have forty-eight hours to pm their target.  If you have any questions about any rules, feel free to ask in the topic and I will gladly answer to the best of my abilities. 

The Twist:

Everything gains zombies eventually, so I might as well jump upon the bandwagon.

When a player dies, they become a zombie. Zombies can still try and kill players, but their attacks have an additional 1/2 chance to fail. This is to ensure that the game doesn't end too quickly. It's a bit of an experiment, so this could easily go horribly wrong. That's the fun of it, I guess. Zombies cannot be killed, so they don't need to be killed to win the game. Zombies can't win, either.

Rules:

1. All BZPower rules apply.

2. Please, only use one PM, as in, don’t keep sending me new PMs each round.

3. No switching targets mid-round.  If I’m given a second target, I will use the first one and ignore any subsequent ones.

4. Please, no complaining about outcomes. All numbers come from an RNG.

Player Slots:

1. JAG18 - Killed by iBrow, Night 1

2. Doorman - Killed by JAG18, Night 1

3. Shadowhawk - Killed by Gukko Lord, Night 3

4. Lucina (iBrow/Voltex) - Killed by Luroka, Night 2

5. Rahkshi Guurahk

6. Anung Un Rama (Chro) - Killed by Guurahk, Night 2

7. Axilus Prime - Killed by Gukko Lord, Night 1

8. MrPerson - Killed by Doorman, Night 1

9. ToaKapura1234 - Killed by being a Late Entry, Night 2

12. Voxumo

2427135. Luroka - Killed by Shadowhawk, Night 3

XLVII: Gukko Lord

Sign-Ups will last two days from the time of this topic’s posting.  If fewer than ten people join when sign-ups end, then we'll wait a bit longer in case some people arrive late to the party. More places will be created to accommodate surplus players. Even if someone happens to be really late, I'm sure I could fit them in as a zombie anyway.

Edited by Neo ShadowVezon
  • Upvote 2

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

Spot 6, please.

I think it would be cool if there was some way for NPC zombies, so to speak, to influence the game. Like, each round you have a 1/12 chance of being killed by the zombie hoard in addition to the other players.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Aiwendil told me to sign up.

Anyone want to introduce me to this?

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

You can't kill zombies. It basically means that you can keep targeting people after death, just you can't win and you have an additional 1/2 chance to fail.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

We now have enough to play, but I'll leave the sign-ups open for another day, just in case we get any late players. You will then have 24 hours to send in your kills, as well as profiles if they're not sent by then. Anyone who has not sent in a profile after those 24 hours will have all resistances as 0 until they do so, meaning that any attempts on their life will automatically succeed.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

Round 1 has officially begun, so make sure that profiles are in, and start sending your targets.

I don't expect we'll have many joining now, but as long as both profiles and targets are sent promptly, I'll still accept new players up until the end of Night 1. People can still join after that, but they'll skip straight to being a zombie.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

Round 1 has officially begun, so make sure that profiles are in, and start sending your targets.

I don't expect we'll have many joining now, but as long as both profiles and targets are sent promptly, I'll still accept new players up until the end of Night 1. People can still join after that, but they'll skip straight to being a zombie.

Would you happen to have a rough estimate of how long this game could last IRL? I'm just planning for Hitman XIX right now, but I have a couple other things in the works as well and even a very rough time frame will help me with making sure nothing overlaps. :P

Assuming that most players stay active, a few rounds at most. Since everyone can still act whether dead or not, the game shouldn't run for too long.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

Gukko Lord has yet to send their choices, Gurrahk hasn't sent his profile and MrPerson needs to specify a weapon, so I'll give an extra day.

Guurahk, you need to send me a PM containing your profile and choice of target for Round 1. The profile should look like this:

Blunt Objects: 3
Sharp Objects: 4
Explosives: 
Poisons/Toxins: 6
Ranged: 2
Elemental: 1

Just with the numbers replaced with numbers of your choosing. You then need to tell the name of the player you want to kill, and your choice of weapon (one of the six on the profile). Specifying (i.e. saying you'll use a rifle for Ranged, or explaining the effects of your poison) are not only acceptable, they're encouraged, so feel free to be creative. I'll give you until tomorrow if you need it, but try and get it done quickly so I can start writing the scene.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

Jees you only give me 1 day notice and nothing on Steam. =p

(aka I sent in stuff)

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

d1O9dXQ.png

I did tell everyone multiple times to send in profiles. But it's done now, and that's the main thing. MrPerson still hasn't sent his choice of weapon, so I'll RNG it. Expect the scene sometime this month.

• Upvote 1

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

sometime this month.

Can you narrow it down to a week in March? =P

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

Night 1

Luroka walked into a bar. This bar was the only place open in this part of town, as everywhere else was closed for the annual Hitman tournament. The Shadowed One had been making less public appearances recently, and rumour had it that he was starting to grow stressed, perhaps even weak. Darkness's lack of intervention meant that this clearly couldn't be the case however, and Luroka had more important things to worry about. Heading behind the counter, he silently took out the bartender and took his place. iBrow walked up to the disguised hitman, and asked for a drink of Eggnog. Luroka was only too happy to oblige, preparing iBrow's favourite beverage while subtly adding some Ether of Doublecross to the mixture. Before he could give it to iBrow however, Chro leapt onto the desk, kicked the glass of Eggnog into the wall and tried to bash Luroka's head in with a giant rock. Luroka dived under the counter and iBrow took the chance to leg it.

This provided Voxumo the distraction he needed to sneak up on Shadowhawk and attempt to stab him with an icepick, trying to take him out before his rival could grab his knife. This was foiled by Guurahk however, who stepped into Voxumo's path, armed with an icepick of his own. The two started duelling with their icepicks, giving Shadowhawk time to pull his knife and advance on Voxumo. Distracted by Guurahk, Voxumo would have been killed by Shadowhawk... if it wasn't for Axilus Prime, who had thrown a grenade at the fleeing iBrow. Axilus Prime didn't have time to see whether the grenade was successful or not however, as he was promptly destroyed by a Quantum Spore-Bomb thrown at him by Gukko Lord.

Meanwhile, on the roof of the bar, Doorman and MrPerson were facing off on the roof. Doorman was armed with a knife, and MrPerson had come with a Mace. Doorman lunged at MrPerson, but MrPerson dodged to the side and swung at Doorman. The grenade explosion below damaged the roof however, causing MrPerson to lose his footing and slip over, Doorman using his chance to stab MrPerson before he could get back to his feet. Doorman started to speak "Hail Sithi-" before JAG18 lunged at him with a pineapple, cracking his skull and causing them both to fall through the damaged roof and into the bar.

The wounded JAG18 and dying Doorman fell onto Shadowhawk, distracting Guurahk and giving Voxumo the chance to sneak off and slip into the shadows. Guurahk legged it as soon as he recovered, with Shadowhawk doing the same once he got up. JAG18 would have done the same, if a well placed headshot from iBrow's sniper rifle hadn't stopped him. Luroka had snuck out the back, and Chro had done the same, leaving iBrow alone in the empty bar. He walked out just too late to see Doorman begin to rise, followed by the other dead bodies...

CHRONOLOGICAL RESULTS:

Chro failed to kill Luroka with a Rock (Blunt Object)

JAG18 killed Doorman with a Pineapple (Blunt Object)

Voxumo failed to kill Shadowhawk with an Icepick (Sharp Object)

iBrow killed JAG18 with a Sniper Rifle (Ranged)

Luroka failed to kill iBrow with Ether of Doublecross (Poison)

Shadowhawk failed to kill Voxumo with a Stilleto Knife (Sharp Object)

Doorman killed MrPerson with a Knife (Sharp Object)

Axilus Prime failed to kill iBrow with a Grenade (Explosive)

MrPerson would have killed Doorman with Blunt Objects (Blunt Objects)

Gukko Lord killed Axilus Prime with a Quantum Spore-Bomb (Explosive)

Rahkshi Guurahk failed to kill Voxumo with an Icepick (Sharp Objects)

LIST OF THE DEAD:

Doorman

JAG18

MrPerson

Axilus Prime

Reminder that dead people are still in play. Also, don't worry about being dumb unless you specifically want to be. Zombies are basically just immortal players with an additional 1/2 chance of failing.

SEND NEXT TARGETS NOW.

Edited by Neo ShadowVezon
  • Upvote 2

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

Good lordy, so many people wanted me dead. Am I really that much of a threat *Gives his best innocent look, even batting his eyelashes*

Also how dareth you RG, Trying to wield a weapon you lack the.... touch for. There can only be one lord of the Ice Pick!

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.