fishers64

Signups are now closed! Round 4 has begun!

16620919549_45c44cb991_z.jpg

Hello, fellow evil mask makers the island over. I am Makuta, professional evil mask maker and collector. You have been brought here for a very important task - to collect the elemental masks scattered all over Okoto and claim the Mask of Ultimate Power for yourself!

This game has six rounds. Each round will be fast-paced, and new players will not be accepted after the first round! We got to move!

CHARACTERS/PROFILES:

Each one of the characters entering the round is a Mask Maker. The more masks you can collect, the more power you can amass. Each player has 21 points to allocate toward mask-making resources, which take effect twice per round. For example:

Character Profile:
Fire: 6
Water: 5
Stone: 4
Jungle: 3
Ice: 2
Earth: 1

THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE. YOU MAY ALLOCATE YOUR 21 POINTS AMONG THE ELEMENTS AS YOU SEE FIT. You are allowed to have zero of any number of elements, and 6 of any number of elements, and 5 of any number of elements, etc, as long as your total adds up to 21, and all of the elements' numbers are 6 or less, as 6 is the maximum for any element category. (This part is kinda like Hitman, except using elements.)

If you do not allocate any resources into a category (i.e. 0), any masks you attempt to acquire of that element will result in failure automatically. If you have six, it will automatically result in success. Any numbers in between will indicate your chance to acquire them, as decided by RNG (5/6, 4/6, etc).

In addition to the above elemental resistances/mask-making resources, each player is given one weapon/mask-making tool.

ALL PROFILES MUST BE POSTED IN THIS TOPIC. NO EXCEPTIONS.

ROUNDS (6):

Part 1: The Mask Making
Each player will be given a chance to acquire 2 elemental masks per round. Obviously, you can choose to acquire the masks that you have the greatest odds for, but only a combination of all six elemental masks will win you the Mask of Ultimate Power, so choose wisely!

You may have multiple Masks of Ultimate Power, if you are shrewd enough.

For this portion of the round, post IN THIS TOPIC which two elemental masks you wish to acquire. I will post at the conclusion of 24 hours with each player's mask making success or failure.

Part 2: The Murders
Obviously, going behind your village's back to make this evil mask of yore will not be met without resistance. Each night you will be presented with the opportunity to slay one of your fellow mask makers. But your attempt will not always succeed. He who manages to accomplish this, through his share of conniving and trickery, will receive the masks of the person he kills.

You have four options (this is an either/or, you cannot do more than one):

1) Elemental Attack - This has the probability of killing the person and giving you all of their masks. This depends on your affinity of the element used and the person you attack's resistance to it. I have a mathematical function that I'll be using. You can only attack using the masks you make in any given round, so choose wisely! If you fail to make any masks in the round, you will not be able to attack using this method.

2) Weapon. Weapon will always succeed, and take (1) of the two masks made away from the player and give them to you (this will be determined randomly). If a player is hit by a weapon attack more times than the number of masks he has in any given round, he will die. If two players weapon-attack each other in the same round, their attacks will cancel each other out.

3) Defense - You can use the masks you just made to defend yourself from attacks of that particular element. For example, if you have a Fire resistance of 1, you can make yourself have a resistance of 4 for the rounds' murders (+3 to that resistance). But you can only do this for one round out of the seven rounds, so chooooose wisely!

4) Abstain from the death round. If you do not respond in 24 hours, it will count as abstention. This does not immunize you from any attacks other beings may wish to throw at you, however.

Attacks will be processed in the order they are received. After I announce the conclusion of the mask making round, you have 24 hours to PM me your attack. He who attacks first gets the best shot at mask theft!

IF YOU HAVE AN ELEMENTAL ABILITY/RESISTANCE OF 6, ATTACKING SOMEONE WITH AN ELEMENT/RESISTANCE OF 0 FOR THAT SAME ELEMENT DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT KILL WILL GO THROUGH. (It just makes it much more likely. Unlike with masks.)

THE MASK OF ULTIMATE POWER

If you manage to achieve 1 of every elemental mask of Power, you may merge them together into the MASK OF ULTIMATE POWER. Doing so takes one mask-making round. However, for the next death match, every one of your elemental resistances will be halved, and anyone who kills you can take the mask for themselves. Weapon attacks will give the bearer any additional masks you may have first before taking the MoUP.

If you manage to complete THE MASK OF ULTIMATE POWER (or steal it) all of your elemental resistances will be increased by 2. You may use this mask to attack others if you so desire - if your opponent doesn't have a MASK OF ULTIMATE POWER, they will die.

Defense using the MASK OF ULTIMATE POWER leaves you immune to all elemental attacks for the round, but not weapon attacks. Watch out for Ekimu!

RULES:
1. All BZP rules apply. Even though we are evil mask makers, we are still stuck in a children's toyline franchise. Darn.
2. If you don't respond to three mask-making rounds, my pet Skull Spiders will eat you and your masks. You may skip as many of the death rounds as you like, but be warned that taking no action may result in your death. Rounds will move on in the 24-hour period regardless of how much response I get from you. 

REWARDS:
1. All beings who manage to reach the THE MASK OF ULTIMATE POWER and hold onto it until the conclusion of the game ( :evilgrin:) will receive a copy of THE MASK OF ULTIMATE POWER, as our best approximation indicates from our dutiful research. (And no, it is NOT the same as the one in my sig previously. That was the one my intern came up with, and I fired him!)

2. The privileged being who has the most ULTIMATE POWER at the conclusion of six rounds will receive a special reward.

ROUND 0:

I REQUIRE FOUR PLAYERS FOR THE FIRST ROUND TO BEGIN. THE MORE THE MERRIER - THERE IS NO MAXIMUM! Please ask any questions you may have!

ROUND 1 BEGINS IN 24 HOURS, WEATHER PERMITTING! You are allowed to enter until the moment my post starting Round 1 hits the server.

Post them profiles! MOOOOOOOOOOM!

PLAYER LIST (SO FAR: Links go to profiles):

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 5

Okay, let's see if I get this right...

Ghidora

Fire: 3

Water: 5

Stone: 2

Jungle: 4

Ice: 6

Earth: 1

Did I miss anything?

Nope, you're good.

FTR, those numbers aren't immutable, though...

Water: 6

Stone: 6

Ice: 0

Earth: 0

Is just as valid a profile. :P (The numbers have to add to 21.)

But if you really want it that way, it's all good. Just making sure we don't have confusion. :)

Guess I'll join too.

Pulse

Jungle: 6

Stone: 3

Water: 3

Earth: 3

Ice: 0

Colour-coded for convenience. Totals up to 21 as it should. (6 + 6 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 21)

Edited by I HATE PUNS.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Well, this seems fun, so I'll have a little shot at this:

Umina
Character Profile:
Fire: 4
Water: 2 
Ice: 3
Earth: 3

Your profile only adds up to 19. I strongly recommend that you add a point or two to some of your resistances to avoid having a disadvantage compared to the other players. (It needs to add up to 21.)

Everyone who posted has been added to my spreadsheet. Pulse and Garadur approved!

Fire: 4
Water: 4
Ice: 3
Earth: 4

E: This profile was made on the assumption that they must add up to 21. If my profile can add up to less and still be approved, then I shall be making changes.

Edited by Lucina

Technically I can approve profiles that add up to less than 21. However, I strongly advise against it because everyone's else's profile adds up to 21, and any points you are missing compared to the other players will leave you at a disadvantage. This is guaranteed. 

This is most important in the death-match portions of the rounds. If you have lower numbers in general than everyone  else, the chance of you dying early increase significantly. (Provided that you are attacked, mind you.) Combine that with diminished mask-making odds, and if you don't have masks, any weapon attacks will kill you...

It's not against the rules, but I didn't think that I needed to make it against the rules because of how stupid an idea it is. :P

Hoorayz! Note I won't be directly here when it happens, but what time zone at 8 A.M.?

My time zone. *sigh* I really should be more careful about this stuff. Scroll up to the first post, and there should be a line that reads something like  Posted Mar 14 2015 - 08:45 AM The forum will adjust that time to your time zone, so you know when the first round will start. 

(This round has to go for the full 24 hours because I don't know how many people are available/want to join, so I have to give that window. Once we get started, if everyone responds in a shorter time than 24 hours I'll move it along. I know how everyone hates waiting. On the other side of the coin, I want to give an opportunity for everyone to play who wants to, so the 24 hours allows time zone differences to be less of an issue.) 

I'm in, obviously, but wont be able to put my profile up until like 13 hours from now, most likely.

looks pretty snazzy!

Thank you. :)

I actually need it in 9 hours. :P Here's what I'll do though - I'll put you on the list, and you can post your profile after I've closed Round 0. You must post your profile before making any masks, though.

If you don't post your profile before I close the first half of Round 1, I'll take you off the list. Please post your profile as soon as possible.

Edited by fishers64

Not sure if the time is up, but just in case...

Fire: 1

Water: 4

Stone: 4

Ice: 4

Earth: 4

Profile approved! Round 1 starts in 36 minutes!

If anyone wants to pull a fishers64 and slide in, now is your chance!

Signups are now closed. 

END OF ROUND 0

Hundreds of dutiful Skull Spiders were dispatched with the Makuta's message, but only a few, the most courageous, the most devious, the most...insane, as it turned out. The first to walk in was Ghidora, a less than mindful individual of the Southern Islands. He looked over the options dazedly and picked his elemental resistances in a way that looked just like the example carved in the walls. 

"I'm joining! Be right back!" yelled another being, sticking her head in the door so fast that "her" was merely a smart guess. The Lord of Skull Spiders hissed unpleasantly, and Makuta slapped him on the head. 

Meanwhile, two other beings, Garadur, who looked as regal and wizardly as his name implied, and Umina, a smaller and more lithe individual, powered up appropriately for the battle ahead. Soon after, a reasonable Matoran named Pulse joined the ranks.

They all looked up to see Voltex march through the door as if he owned the place, with a swagger in his step and an evil gleam in his eye. "Really?" he said, taking some of the elemental equipment off of the walls. "I don't need all of this. I can beat your challenge without it."

The Makuta said nothing to the challenge posed by Voltex. He just looked at him sadly. While he was looking remorseful, Atstapi and a Pahrak claimed the unwanted enhancements for themselves. None of them noticed Underscore slip in and take up his armaments, because he was just that cool.

The doors in the back of Makuta's chambers' opened. Each contestant would find that they led to each of the Elemental regions of Okoto. "You have until this clock runs out to retrieve two of the masks." Makuta said. The Lord of Skull Spiders pushed a button, and numbers began to count down on an old protodermic clock: 23: 59...23:58, 23:57...

A being jumped through a Portal next to the Lord of Skull Spiders and attempted to run in after them. The spider master stopped him with a hiss. Apparently he would need to finish powering up before he could join the others.

BEGIN ROUND 1: MASK MAKING/ACQUIRING

Round 1 has begun! You have 24 hours to post the elements of the two masks you wish to acquire. You may attempt to obtain two masks of the same element if you so desire, however, this is not recommended, as you need one of each for the MoUP. Go!

Edited by fishers64

END ROUND 1 MASK MAKING

Voltex was first out the door, and quickly charged off into the Jungle. As anyone could have predicted - but had sincerely hoped against - he was quickly entangled in vines and fell flat on his face in the mud. Muttering against something against Makuta that Vakama would have approved of, he stumbled out of there and into the fire region, his home turf. 

He easily climbed down the slope that Tahu would have ignored, sauntered up to the lava pool...and accidentally knocked the golden mask into the lava. Darn. 

Voltex: Jungle and Fire: Failure to both.  :(

Meanwhile, Pahrak #0579 wasn't having too hard a time of it. He had to dodge around a cactus and almost tripped over a skeleton, but the desert regions of Okoto and Mata Nui weren't that different. He easily - but not too easily - claimed his golden mask.

After that hot weather, the Bohrok took a bath in the Water region. After a few seconds of flailing around, he learned that Pahraks, while not as good as Gahloks in the swimming department, could manage well enough to pass. Barely. He eagerly clutched on to the water mask as he swam out, hoping he would never have to do that again.

Pahrak #0570: Stone and Water: Success to both.

Pulse, on the other hand, called in his private helicopter. It wasn't too hard for his group of trained professionals to swoop in from the sky and nab both the Fire and the Jungle masks for him.

Pulse: Fire and Jungle: Success to both.  B-)

Portal finally got his equipment. He knew the Earth region like the back of his hand, so a portal quickly opened right in front of where the Earth mask was - it was a simple matter of grabbing it.

He didn't know the Stone region quite so well, but that was what maps were for, right? The place he opened at first looked like the mask had been taken - Pahrak got there first - but he persisted, and soon he found another one.

Portal: Earth and Stone: Success to both.

Ghidora cackled maniacally and pulled out a snowmobile. Getting to the Mask of Ice was a cinch. Howling with insane laughter and emboldened by success, his snowmobile skidded all the way across the room and into the Fire section, off the ramp...

SPLASH. His snowmobile was sinking in the lava. But lucky stars must exist even for the insane, as Ghidora had landed right next to a Golden Mask. Thus empowered, he managed to drive his vehicle out of the lava before it died entirely.

Ghidora: Ice and Fire: Success to both!

Umina's lithe form seemed suitable enough for swinging through the jungle. Unfortunately, it did not account for the wasps that viciously attacked, badly injuring her and driving her away.

Umina: Mask of Jungle: Failure. 

Fortunately, wasps don't survive too well in the desert, and while trudging through the desert sand wasn't near as exciting as jungle swinging, it yielded better treasure indeed.

Umina: Mask of Stone: Success.

Astapi, it seemed, had gone into situations he was less than prepared for. Trudging though the jungle, jumping from patch of safe ground to safe ground, would hardly qualify as a good day. But it was not without rewards - he was able to glimpse his mask through the tree leaves and manage the treacherous climb to claim it as his own.

Thus emboldened, he proceeded to trudge on through the raging blizzard of the Ice Region. While he could have missed it, he still found the encrusted pedestal and claimed the Mask of Ice.

Astapi: Mask of Jungle and Ice: Success to both. 

And Underscore's doubles each finished their considerable treks to claim the Masks of Jungle and Earth.

Underscore: Mask of Jungle and Earth: Success to both. 

Garadur: One missed mask-making round. No worries, there will be five more. :)

ROUND 1: THE DEATH MATCH

​You will receive a PM from me very soon regarding this day's death match. You will have 24 hours to respond to said PM with your action.

• Upvote 2

I attack Voltex with my mask of stone.

You're literally the worst kind of person. Kicking someone when they're down. What a swell individual. 

Uh, you have to PM me that attack in response to the one I sent you, not televise to everyone else. :lookaround:

Can he be punished by not succeeding?

I attack Voltex with my mask of stone.

You're literally the worst kind of person. Kicking someone when they're down. What a swell individual. 

Uh, you have to PM me that attack in response to the one I sent you, not televise to everyone else. :lookaround:

Can he be punished by not succeeding?

If he doesn't PM me an attack for the round, he will be considered as abstaining from the death match. 

If you persist in guilt tripping people who legitimately attack you, you will be removed from the game. You have chosen to forfeit an equal standing with the other 8 players of your own choosing, and as such have lost the right to complain about any misfortunes that may come your way. 

if my tactics are not against the rules of the game (and they aren't), then I see no reason for me to not use them. I will use whatever is at my disposal.

Mathematical odds would suggest that I am guaranteed to succeed at some point. It is merely a matter of waiting.