fishers64

END OF ROUND 5 MASK MAKING

The forges burned hotter than ever as three of our conniving competitors attempted to merge all six elements into the greatest and most coveted prize of all.

Voltex: Mask of Ultimate Power: Success.
Underscore: Mask of Ultimate Power: Success. 
Ghidora: Mask of Ultimate Power: Success. 

Umina was distracted from watching the others, burning in envy and outrage. 

Umina: Masks of Jungle and Fire: Failure (Why???)

Pahrak kept his head down and focused on his work. 

Pahrak #0579: Masks of Stone and Earth: Success.

And Portal would find that...

Portal: Mask of Water: Failure
Portal: Mask of Earth: Success.

Unfortunately, he was quickly growing sick of the latter. 

As the six made their way out of the door, they could see that those who had made of the Mask of Ultimate Power weren't in quite so good a shape. Was it just their imagination, or was Voltex moving slightly slower? The twins were breathing hard and helping each other along, so that was obvious. Even Ghidora looked less animated than usual. 

BEGIN ROUND 5 DEATH MATCH

Everyone who completed a Mask of Ultimate Power this round will have their elemental resistances halved (but will have other protections, which they will be informed about). For those of you that have elemental masks, those will be your best chance of surviving the round (that, and swiftness in PMing me, which for this night WILL decide your fate).

Information PMs will be sent out shortly...Go! 

END OF ROUND 5 

Portal was, as usual, headed to Ghidora's house. It was to his surprise that the crazytoran was actually following him, absentmindedly murmuring something about types of mattresses and wax crayons. When he got to the crazytoran's house, Portal hid in the bushes. Ghidora walked in, entirely unaware of the portalmaster. A fist of earth slammed into him, and he hit the inside wall of his living room. Earth filled the Matoran's lungs, ensuring that he would never get up again.

Ghidora: DEAD, killed by Portal. 

The portalmaster grabbed the Mask of Ultimate Power on Ghidora's face and slapped it on his own, exchanging it for his Mask of Earth. A punch from Voltex slugged him in the gut, and he watched as the shapeswitcher ran off with his Mask. But he had no time to retaliate, because Underscore stood in the doorway behind him. Fire, water, ice, earth, stone, and jungle burst forth...only to be countered by fire, water, ice, earth, stone, and jungle from the mask on Portal's face.

That was when Pahrak #0579 showed up. Seeing Voltex and Ghidora dead on the floor, the Bohrok concluded that Voltex was responsible and chucked a huge boulder at him. It crashed through the wall of the house into inky blackness...but Pahrak looked to see that a RNG had smashed into Voltex, getting him out of the way at the last second.

And that was when Umina stormed on to the scene. "YOU!" she shouted, headed toward Voltex and the RNG. 

Voltex was stunned. "Me?"

But Umina had no interest in him, instead throwing a sucker punch straight toward the RNG. Water rusted its cogs and stones ground in its gears as Umina punched, pounded, and slammed the machine to a bloody pulp on the floor, which promptly went up in flames. 

RNG: DEAD, killed by Umina. 

The five villains left behind a burning house with a gaping hole, and its inevitable collapse would serve as the final resting place for the craziest villain ever known. 

BEGIN ROUND 6 MASK MAKING

This will be the last Mask Making round of the game. If I have informed you that you are eligible to make the Mask of Ultimate Power this round, post that you would like to claim your mask.

For the rest of you, the end of the game is near to hand. The winner of this game will be determined by the amount of Ultimate Power wielded by each player:

Mask of Ultimate Power - 20 pts apiece.

MoUP Mask Making Combination (6 elemental masks that could be merged into a MoUP) - 10 pts.

Elemental Masks - 1pt per mask.

Choose wisely! You have 24 hours for the round (I could give 48, but I'm pretty sure you all will make 24 anyway.) Go!

Alrighty, time to quit stalling and wrap this up.

END OF ROUND 6 MASK MAKING

Pahrak #0579 went to work as soon as he got to the forges, making his Mask of Ultimate Power.

Pahrak #0579: Mask of Ultimate Power: Success.

Nearby, Voltex crafted two Masks of Fire, and rambling on about some epic trilogy that he would soon be writing. It was quite a shame that he would not have four masks, otherwise he could have Fire Masks IV: Fire Emblem: Awakening. 

Voltex: Two Masks of Fire: Success. 

Portal merrily worked on two masks of Water, giving Voltex a slightly wary eye. It was true that Voltex was a writer, but he wondered whether his death would be in the works for the next installment.

Portal: Two Masks of Water: Success.

It seemed that there was no way Umina could focus.

Umina: Masks of Jungle and Ice: Failure to both.  :(

As the clocks ran out, the forges lowered themselves into the floor. The five remaining mask makers saw the Makuta walk into the room. "This challenge is over, " he said. "Get out of here."

That was when the world broke out with a low rumbling. Voltex had already opened the door to leave when the left wall collapsed and earth flowed out over the forge room. Makuta ran into his personal office and shut the door; the five villains all fled out of the open door on the side of the hill. As they did so, they came mask-to-mask with the six Toa of Okoto. 

But it was all over in seconds. Jungle vines wrapped around Gali, pinning her to the ground amid blazing fire. Kopaka found himself surrounded by stone and slick ice and swallowed by earth, while Onua was blasted with huge torrent of water that quickly froze over. Stone and earth bound Tahu long enough for ice to do its work, while fire blazed around Lewa in four deadly walls. When they receded, the Toa of Air was in an ice cube that fell beneath the surface. 

The four villains who had achieved their Masks walked away with a spring in their step. The might of 4 Masks of Ultimate power would be more than enough to achieve their dreams of glory and power. They were better than the legions of Skull Spiders and Skull Villains who had came before them - and it was time for them to step aside for the new masters in town. 

Underscore: Missed mask making round. Not that it matters too much, it's the last round of the game.

BEGIN ROUND 6 DEATH MATCH

You all have 24 hours to send in them PMs. This is the last one - good luck!  :)

Yes! The Overpowered Adventures of Voltex, Pahrak, Underscore, and Portal as they Solve the Mysteries of Okoto and Totally Claim All of the Glory for Themselves! Coming soon to a forum near you!

Going back to this we should totally make it a collaborative story who's with me?

I could probably be in for something like that, yeah. We would probably need a rework for the name though.

How about The Completely Overpowered Adventures of Portal and his Minions, the Matoran Voltex, Pahrak, and Underscore, as they Solve the Mysteries of Okoto and Totally try to Usurp all of the Glory from their Mighty Leader but Fail because Portal is 2 Protal?

Too short, maybe?

=P

I could probably be in for something like that, yeah. We would probably need a rework for the name though.

How about The Completely Overpowered Adventures of Portal and his Minions, the Matoran Voltex, Pahrak, and Underscore, as they Solve the Mysteries of Okoto and Totally try to Usurp all of the Glory from their Mighty Leader but Fail because Portal is 2 Protal?

Too short, maybe?

=P

the only error is assuming that you are the evil overlord

we are all obviously evil overlords, the plot twist is that you, myself and pahrak kill off underscore 2/3 through the story, sacrificing him to summon the mighty nightmare Hapori Dume, who eats the souls of myself and pahrak in the grand finale before you stop his horrible spread of doom, redeeming yourself as a hero.

• Upvote 2

I'm waiting for Underscore again. :P I guess I have to give him his 24 hours. [/horrible evil game host]

In all seriousness it gives me more time to work on the reward imaging and other end of game stuff though.

But... but... but.. I pm'd you!

Or are we talking about mask forging? I still get to forge one even though I missed the round? I'll make ice and jungle if that's the case.

E: oh, I see. Nevermind.

Edited by Underscore

2xu8Ptu.png

I'm waiting for Underscore again. :P I guess I have to give him his 24 hours. [/horrible evil game host]

In all seriousness it gives me more time to work on the reward imaging and other end of game stuff though.

But... but... but.. I pm'd you!

Or are we talking about mask forging? I still get to forge one even though I missed the round? I'll make ice and jungle if that's the case.

E: oh, I see. Nevermind.

Yeah, you got the rounds switched about. Sorry, but there was nothing I could really do. 

But I can count your final attack for this round. It's all good in that respect. :)

And here we go!

END OF ROUND 6

The night began with Voltex knocking Portal quite hard on the head and taking one of Portal's Masks of Water. "Why are you doing this, Voltex?" Portal asked.

"My flawless strategy has helped me to achieve my ultimate goal, which was to forge the Mask of Ultimate Power," the shapeswitcher replied. "No use changing it in the eleventh hour."

Portal sprawled on the concrete. Breathing hard, he waited for his head to stop hurting.

Somewhere else, Pahrak #0579 broke into Underscore's house, only to find that trying to defeat a Mask of Ultimate Power with a Mask of Ultimate Power was a rather pointless endeavor. 

That didn't stop Underscore from trying the same thing on him, however. The elements flew and flashed, and there was quite a bit of damage to Underscore's house, but the two villains would not be seeing each other's death this night. 

Upon seeing that there was nothing else to try, Pahrak went home.

Portal stood on the side of a mountain, on a ledge overlooking a waterfall. The night owls hooted, the crickets chirped, but Portal could still hear the sound of footsteps incoming. Portal looked for an attack, but it did not come. Instead, what stepped out of the darkness was - Makuta?

"It appears that you have won my challenge, Mr. Portal" the Makuta said, looking over the water. "The mask of Ultimate Power, the most elemental masks - tell me, what are your plans for the evening?"

"I want to attack Pahrak" Portal said.

"With what?" the Makuta asked.

"The only thing that will work." Portal said, tapping the Golden Mask of Water he was wearing.

"Excellent," the Makuta said. "I hope you are successful. I hate doing math."

"Sounds good." Portal said, diving into the waterfall below. A portal opening in front of him...

Pahrak #0579 was really looking forward to some sleep. He had just tucked himself into his Bohrok Canister when a huge rush of water poured into the Nest, knocking his sleeping canister over. Vines snaked out of the water, holding his hand shields apart and pulling him forward through the portal.

Portal watched in smug glee as the Bohrak surfaced. He let it go down the river and impale itself on the makeshift dam caused by the previous bridge collapse, its krana flipping out, only to be caught on another vine and placed in Portal's hands, only for a blast of fire from Portal's Mask of Ultimate Power to reduce it to nothing. This left the portal master the immense joy of disassembling the Bohrok and watching each of its robotic limbs float down the river.

Pahrak #0579: DEAD, killed by Portal. 

After that, it was a simple matter to go to Pahrak's house and claim all of the Bohrok's masks. He was careful to dodge some RNGs splashing around in the water pool, but he was pretty sure they meant him no harm.

THE END...OF THE GAME. 

Congratulations to Mr. Portal, who has won this game by an unexpectedly huge margin!!! 

Barshai says: Touche. 

Congratulations also to Voltex and Underscore, who forged the Mask of Ultimate Power and held on to it until the conclusion of the game! Reward PMs will be sent within this week, when I get them done, to all three of you. 

Obligatory game analysis post here.

And thanks to everyone who played this game! If you enjoyed playing this game, please vote for it in the contest polls! If you do not enjoy playing this game, vote for it in the contest polls anyway, or I will be using my Mask of Ultimate Power on you! :P

Thanks for playing!  :) Or, you know, looking at this game, if you happen to be voting. :)

Edited by fishers64

"Reward PMs"

waitaminute

*checks first post*

oh holy moly

I totally missed that there were rewards of any kind

huh xD

good game, everybody! I knew stockpiling those masks of earth would be helpful. =P

It wouldn't be a proper evil villain game without proper evil villain bribes.