S&T#7: Select The Remaining Winners

READ STARTING POST FIRST!  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

memoirs.png

Welcome to the final poll in the Memoirs of the Dead S&T contest. As explained in full detail here, in the category-polls stage, four entries ended up, according to my math (and please feel free to check it!), as guaranteed winners within the number chosen by the average results in the math poll, for how many final winners there will be -- 6. However, due to multiple entries in some polls versus the "no winner" option, exactly where seven other entries fall on the rankings with respect to the top 6 cutoff point is unclear, so this poll is needed to determine which two of the remaining entries will join the other four as final winners. :)

There's a chance the number of total winners will go up to 7 or even 8, depending on what the results in this poll look like. We'll see. I've included a multiple choice option and a one-choice option to give the clearest results.

Voting here is open until Thursday, April 2, at 7:00 PM EST. Please review the entries to refresh your memory, and if it helps, look back at the category poll it won in (the second link in each list item below).

Entry #1 -- All That Glitters by Magnus Greel, from Spiriah poll.

Entry #2 -- Teacher by Tikiturbo, from Jovan poll.

Entry #3 -- The Mentor's Way by Mersery, from Ihu poll.

Entry #4 -- First Kill by TheSkeletonMan939, from Naho poll.

Entry #5 -- Legends of Lhii by Yio, from Lhikan poll.

[Please take into consideration that there was apparently one judging oversight for this entry as recounted in the discussion (the Kanoka detail, not the others which were about the other entry). If this entry wins this will need dealt with, which may or may not be possible.]

Entry #6 -- Memento Vivere by Infrared, from Reysa poll.

Entry #7 -- The Unknown Turaga by ZippyWharrgarbl, from Kodan poll.

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm thinking of choosing three entries in the first poll--is that allowed or is it limited to just two?

Also, I noticed a couple of (very minor) canon issues. Neither one would pose any significant problems if the entries win:

All That Glitters (Spiriah): viruses are described as "microbes engineered to alter their very essence" but I'm not sure if they've been described as alive in the past. BS01 just refers to them as "energy-based substances."

The Unknown Turaga (Kodan): Nidhiki is described as "huge, nearly invisible creature, with massive claws that glinted in the thin beam of morning sunlight that had miraculously flickered by us." While he had a Mask of Stealth as a Toa, I'm pretty sure Nidhiki lost those powers after being mutated. Never mind, that's actually Eliminator. See below.

Edited by Infrared

I'm thinking of choosing three entries in the first poll--is that allowed or is it limited to just two?

Also, I noticed a couple of (very minor) canon issues. Neither one would pose any significant problems if the entries win:

All That Glitters (Spiriah): viruses are described as "microbes engineered to alter their very essence" but I'm not sure if they've been described as alive in the past. BS01 just refers to them as "energy-based substances."

The Unknown Turaga (Kodan): Nidhiki is described as "huge, nearly invisible creature, with massive claws that glinted in the thin beam of morning sunlight that had miraculously flickered by us." While he had a Mask of Stealth as a Toa, I'm pretty sure Nidhiki lost those powers after being mutated.

In regards to my story, that's not meant to be Nidhiki. C; I can see where you could get confused, though. It's actually meant to be Eliminator, who also has giant claws and, according to the 'Dark Hunters' book, is nearly invisible in low light conditions. He was also hired by Teridax.

Anyway, I've held off voting for a while since I've been super busy, but I finally got enough time to read all of these. It was really hard to choose between them! They're all so good.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

n regards to my story, that's not meant to be Nidhiki. C; I can see where you could get confused, though. It's actually meant to be Eliminator, who also has giant claws and, according to the 'Dark Hunters' book, is nearly invisible in low light conditions. He was also hired by Teridax.

Ah, gotcha, never mind then.

The question on the multiple choice still stands though--has anyone else voted for more than two entries? I don't want to mess up the results by voting for more.... :S

Edited by Infrared

n regards to my story, that's not meant to be Nidhiki. C; I can see where you could get confused, though. It's actually meant to be Eliminator, who also has giant claws and, according to the 'Dark Hunters' book, is nearly invisible in low light conditions. He was also hired by Teridax.

The question on the multiple choice still stands though--has anyone else voted for more than two entries? I don't want to mess up the results by voting for more.... :S

I think you can vote for as many as you want. Some people are just voting for two in the multiple choice section. If there was a limit it'd probably be mentioned.

• Upvote 1

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

I think you can vote for as many as you want. Some people are just voting for two in the multiple choice section. If there was a limit it'd probably be mentioned.

Alright, cool. Done. Good luck all!