Gali, Master of Water (2.0 version)

MrBT

Hello people!

I do wanna apologize that I didn't post it here last week. The reason, I have been travelling to St. Petersburg city, and there was a "race" for my team and the other two teams.

Okay enough for that, let's talk about Gali here, she is fascinating Toa, and I really love the look of Gali. But, shall I introduce for you, Gali, Master of Water (2.0 version)!

16776920421_8e4be12cd5.jpg

More pics: https://www.flickr.com/photos/114946327@N08/sets/72157648958361383/

Video review: 

As always, I mentioned my opinion about her original form of it in small synopsis form, so I kinda reviewed her, but also explaining my personal opinion about her 2.0 version.

But as you can see, comparing 2.0 version with pre-redesign version, she is dramatically different, especially the upper torso area, it was pain in a butt. Like, I revamped her upper torso three or four times before I got it some what better looking. Either I did it better or worse. The pre-redesign of her was "too" manly looking Gali, now that I see it in person, because of those bulkiness and those stuff.

I didn't bother to build feminine torso design for her, and yes, I could have added some nuva breasts, but they're already overused. And the other reason why I did that, because I wanted to keep that printed chest part, I think that is cool looking and it gives a personality for Gali, and maybe it is necessary because it is good to match with the other Toa Okoto members.

And the other thing what I want to say about Gali's design, yes, she has some bulkiness, but not bad looking comparing with her previous form. The thing is that that I have seen female characters, who were almost like in smaller role from RPG games and from the other genre type games. What I mean by that is that they were, either in healer role, or something else. But there are some cases that some of those video games, the female character is muscular, like Samus Aran in her power suit (well, maybe it was bad example, but giving a point also about Gali, why she's bulky).

Secondly, this is Bionicle, and there are some cases that not every female character has feminine look or shape. The best example is Roodaka, she has female look and shape of it. While the Toa of Water (and lighting and psionics Toa, and light and shadow Toa) characters, doesn't appear with feminine look. Sure in fan fictions (or some of them) female characters have a female body look.

All in all, she was kinda the hardest Toa to revamp, especially due to feminine elements. Yes, she might be bulky, but I don't mind it that much. I'm pretty happy to revamp her with new parts. But that's about it ^ ^

• Upvote 4

I saw these on a Flickr group. Good job on all the revamps.

Thanks! More will come soon!  ;)

She looks glorious, well done,

Thank you very much! :D

Great work, BT! A bit too masculine, but the build is so intricate. Liked her a lot.

How's SPetersburg btw?

Thanks! :D

And well, nothing too special there, just a track cycling race there :P

Enchanting. The weapons you made for her are superb, especially the anchor/Gali-Nuva-axe revamp.

Thank you very much! ^_^  The anchor is probably my favorite weapon of her :)