BIONICLE Episode 7 Released in English

tn_15_03_18_bionicle-episode-7.png

Once again, it's not certain whether this was intentional or a slip-up, but episode 7 of the BIONICLE web series has been uploaded in English on LEGO's own YouTube channel. The Toa reach the Ancient City to meet for the first time and naturally, tension arises in a great twist on a shout-out to the old generation. Read on to watch the episode!

View the full article

• Upvote 4

I enjoyed this one quite a bit - finally they come together, and hopefully the others get more time in the spotlight. Lewa is as annoyingly awesome as ever, and Pohatu's just plain kickbutt even without kicking butt. Only thing that threw me off for a moment was Gali calling her brothers idiots. What's up with that?

• Upvote 5

I enjoyed this one quite a bit - finally they come together, and hopefully the others get more time in the spotlight. Lewa is as annoyingly awesome as ever, and Pohatu's just plain kickbutt even without kicking butt. Only thing that threw me off for a moment was Gali calling her brothers idiots. What's up with that?

It is the first time that they have met, and we have not ever heard the Toa refer to each other by these familial terms, at least not yet.

• Upvote 5

I will dance with joy if Onua becomes leader. 

• Upvote 3

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

This one, I must admit, was quite nice. I like Pohatu's G2 cold attitude, as well as Lewa. But...Gali is voiced by guy? No way.

Sounds like Bionicle had a smaller budget than a Protodite.

Edited by UngluedBike
  • Upvote 4

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

What I really wonder is why they had the narrator voice every character. It's like, "Yeah, let's have a narrator tell the story," then they forgot to hire other voice actors and went, "Yeah, Narrator, we're gonna have you voice all of the characters. That okay?" and with which he responds, "Uh, yeah, okay."

It works though. We just need Pohatu, Gali, Lewa and Onua to speak more than one line.

Do wish the eyes didn't give away the LEGO is thinking more of Kopaka and Tahu then of the others. The eye colors of the original sets really help show that they were unique characters.

Edited by Drakua Toa of Rahi
  • Upvote 1

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic

I liked the animation, but why does Gali have a male voice? I think its supposed to be the narrator speaking the lines as part of the legend, but I'm not sure. The rest works and I do like it, but Gali is pretty jarring.

Because it's the narrator talking, sure maybe it wasn't the best idea, but none of the Toa have any voices, the Narrator tries to change his inflection around as an aid, but it's different to a voice actor (directly) playing different characters voices...

• Upvote 3

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

Heh, okay now I can hear the joke in English for once.  Although for what felt like a light-hearted meet-up, the music and audio was all very dramatic.  (I haven't seen it with sound until now.)  Still not liking the voices, but at this point it's just beating the dead horse.  :glare:

:music:

I thought that Onua grabbing the other Toa by their heads was hilarious. I would love it if he becomes the leader.

I like how this episode establishes that their interactions and personalities are not exactly like their G1 selves, but they aren't too far off either.

Gali sounds less awkward in a group.

My only complaint is that "did your brain catch on fire?" does not nearly have a nice a ring to it as something along the lines of "fire spitter."

• Upvote 3

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

Could they not at least get TWO voice actors though? I mean, with the scarcity of actual dialogue, they could even have someone just do it for free. Then Gali wouldn't sound male.

Well if they had two Narrators that could make an interesting dynamic, & maybe one of them could use a female voice for Gali & maybe even manage a male voice for another two characters, or (not a fan of this one but whatever:) maybe 1 of the Narrators does 5 Toa & little commentary whilst the other does Gali and a lot of commentary, or something else;

Or we could have two voice actors playing three characters each (on average), & hopefully they could each separate there voices enough that 'few' people would be complaining that three characters have the same voice!

Or they could have one voice actor who can manage six characters! Not actually that hard given most voice actors are expected to be able to do a few significantly different voices.

But not they got ONE voice Actor playing one Narrator; who funnily enough commentates & also says what the characters are saying. (think of it like an audio book spoken by one person; they don't necessarily try and make: the "[words]" that character_? said sound like that character)

I'm not asking you to like it, but understand that Gali doesn't sound like anything; none of the characters speak directly; that's a mistake people have made, understandable that some people have made this, & yes that is arguably a fair point of concern, but in [deities] name, stop espousing this mistaken belief.

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

Could they not at least get TWO voice actors though? I mean, with the scarcity of actual dialogue, they could even have someone just do it for free. Then Gali wouldn't sound male.

Or they could have one voice actor who can manage six characters! Not actually that hard given most voice actors are expected to be able to do a few significantly different voices.

That strikes me as the best idea. And I recognize that it's not the characters' voices, but the narrator speaking.

I also recognize that as incredibly stupid.

• Upvote 1

Pk57sNJ.jpg

That strikes me as the best idea. And I recognize that it's not the characters' voices, but the narrator speaking.

I also recognize that as incredibly stupid.

Audiobooks and adults reading stories to their children are cancelled forever now. Unless you have someone else to do the voices of the opposite sex, it will never be good enough.

• Upvote 6

I liked the animation, but why does Gali have a male voice? I think its supposed to be the narrator speaking the lines as part of the legend, but I'm not sure. The rest works and I do like it, but Gali is pretty jarring.

Because it's the narrator talking, sure maybe it wasn't the best idea, but none of the Toa have any voices, the Narrator tries to change his inflection around as an aid, but it's different to a voice actor (directly) playing different characters voices...

Yeah, that's what I thought. I just don't think they made that clear enough. Maybe they could have added things like "said Tahu" or "Gali spoke" to get across that it was being narrated, Don't get me wrong, I still like the shorts. I just think that could have been clearer.

Really really love that the narrator can portray six reasonably unique characters so well.

Yeah, I agree. If I open the video in another window and listen just to the voices you can clearly tell the voices apart by their inflection. Now, whether the voices (and lines) fit the characters is a matter of opinion, but I think they suit them reasonably well.

I'm not happy with everything in these animations, though. In particular, Onua's height bothers me. I understand that it's more or less necessary for the scene where he picks Tahu and Kopaka up by their masks, but one of my favorite features of the new Onua set is that despite his muscular design, he and Pohatu are back to being the shortest Toa, just like they were in the 2001 and 2002 sets. In this animation, Onua is easily the tallest. Other differences from the sets have generally been minor stylistic changes, but this height discrepancy really stands out, and sadly, I think we're unlikely to see it corrected in future animations.

Really really love that the narrator can portray six reasonably unique characters so well.

Yeah, I agree. If I open the video in another window and listen just to the voices you can clearly tell the voices apart by their inflection. Now, whether the voices (and lines) fit the characters is a matter of opinion, but I think they suit them reasonably well.

I'm not happy with everything in these animations, though. In particular, Onua's height bothers me. I understand that it's more or less necessary for the scene where he picks Tahu and Kopaka up by their masks, but one of my favorite features of the new Onua set is that despite his muscular design, he and Pohatu are back to being the shortest Toa, just like they were in the 2001 and 2002 sets. In this animation, Onua is easily the tallest. Other differences from the sets have generally been minor stylistic changes, but this height discrepancy really stands out, and sadly, I think we're unlikely to see it corrected in future animations.

I think all of the Toa in the animations are about the same height, except for Onua towering over the others.

Personally, I like this design choice. It makes me see the Toa as if they are on a level playing field and have an equal amount of control over their respective elemental powers. By this logic, it would make Onua the most powerful, but I will quickly disagree with that.

I was always the smallest kid in the class, but according to my karate instructor I can throw a powerful punch. Size doesn't matter in terms of power, I guess.

:shrugs:

They absolutely do not fit pre-conceptions people walk in having enjoyed the previous Bionicle, but I feel they fit the characters Lego has set up for the reboot.

Pohatu is a quiet dork, Onua is a sleepy sage, Lewa is basically the same Lewa, Kopaka and Tahu are G1 fandom interpretations of Kopaka and Tahu, and Gali is the den mother keeping these other nerds in line.

• Upvote 6

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Lewa, why you no talk in chutespeak? I think that they could've extended the whole story, gotten some real voice actors, and made it a full on TV show. The character interactions are hilarious, and they've given the characters more diversity by accentuating them. Not sure about Bat-Pohatu though.

I think all of the Toa in the animations are about the same height, except for Onua towering over the others.

Personally, I like this design choice. It makes me see the Toa as if they are on a level playing field and have an equal amount of control over their respective elemental powers. By this logic, it would make Onua the most powerful, but I will quickly disagree with that.

I was always the smallest kid in the class, but according to my karate instructor I can throw a powerful punch. Size doesn't matter in terms of power, I guess.

:shrugs:

I agree that size doesn't matter in terms of power. That's a big part of why I'm bothered by the idea of "leveling the playing field" by making shorter characters like Onua and Pohatu taller, or taller characters like Tahu and Kopaka shorter. It's almost like they were afraid Onua would not look like the strongest physically unless he were literally a giant.

Wow, it came early, which I don't know why the YouTube channel released it that early, but I like the episode. I'm glad that I can understand it better. Also, it's cool to see the Toa meeting each other for the first time. Their quotes are great. There, we get to hear from the other Toa other than Tahu and Kopaka.:)

I also like how the Toa interacted in this episode. Tahu and Kopaka fighting each other in a funny way. It's also cool that they are like fire and ice fighting each other because they are opposite elements.

Although Gali is voiced by a guy, but it's funny that she called Tahu and Kopaka idiots while stopping to stop their fight.

Ouna knows how to handle this situation by picking them up and is a good peace maker. I am amazed that he is the biggest of the Toa, rather than shorter than Tahu and Kopaka. I mean, he is like about the size as the Hulk, making him more like Bionicle G2's own Hulk.

Lewa is a funny guy as always. I think he knows how to tell a joke.:)

Pohatu, for some reason, acts like Batman, rather than a cheerful guy in G1. He sounds and looks quite serious, like Batman, too.

I am wondering one thing though: did the prophecy said Tahu should be the leader? I don't think it says that, but I would love to see Tahu leading the team. Since the past other episodes focused mostly on him for some reason, I feel that he should be the leader.

It's too bad that there seems to be no leader yet, but Lewa voted Ouna with a funny joke. It would be funny if Ouna would become the leader. He's the biggest and knows how to handle disputes, anyway.

The narrator did a good job voicing them. Although more voice actors would have been better, but, as I said, he did good, IMO.

Anyway, I assume that the episode would be released in the Lego website on April. Just saying.

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

This was a neat episode. I kind of wish that at least some of the Toa had met up before coming together in the city for the first time, but at least the team is together now. 

Tahu and Kopaka's little argument kind of reminded me of their Gen 1 counterparts. I've said it before, but I'll say it again: those two argue no matter what version of the story they are in. :P

As for Pohatu, I think this new version of him is growing on me. Even though we don't see him or hear him say too much in this episode, I still thought he was really cool from what we did get to see of him here. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Lewa, why you no talk in chutespeak? 

Because he's not from Metru Nui.  :P

While that does make sense, chutespeak doesn't need to originate from a place that doesn't exist in the new continuity. I'm thinking that this is still the prophecy being read by that villager from episode 1 to his son. Speaking of which, the protectors are a line ,because their masks have been passed down through generations. There was also a child seen, so I'm thinking that these little people are more like Agori than Matoran.

As much as I like the sets, I'm really not enjoying BIONICLE 2015, because of the story. This episode in particular felt like a bit of a spit in the eye to the old story (plus the dodgy narrator in the videos is really starting to bug me now). While the fight was 'fun', and yes it was reminiscent of Gen 1, the rest of the episode just served to remind me how bland and malformed this reboot has been so far.

I get that they want to gear the reboot to a younger audience, but that doesn't mean they have to dumb it down completely.

But if I close my eyes and convince myself this is a different, new LEGO theme, then I guess it's okay.

Edited by Rizzo - Master of Jam
  • Upvote 2

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg