BrickUniverse is Coming

Bricks Cascade just took place this past weekend, but the next major fan convention, BrickUniverse, is right around the corner. The convention portion takes place from March 26th to 29th at the Raleigh Convention Center in Raleigh, North Carolina. Public hours are March 28th and 29th from 10:30 AM to 4 PM. BZPower will be there, showing off your MOCs, and also participating in a panel! If you're at the full convention, make sure to check out the Online LEGO Community session at 7:00 PM on Saturday. If you'll be there, let us know! We look forward to seeing you all there!

View the full article

There's a microscopic chance I can make it, provided that the baseball game I've got on that day gets rained out early enough to make alternate plans, but not wet enough to make the drive any more treacherous than it already is.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I won't be there :( but my MOC will be! People who are going, be sure to take some awesome pics of the displays! Wish I could go, but alas, can only afford one major convention a year (and Anime North always draws me in, hehe)

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

Post the video of our panel on YouTube. <3 Unless it's NSFBZP. :(

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Ive had a good look at all the MoCs, what did you send in Haxorus? Most of the creations brought in by the BZP team are very nicely detailed. Mine aren't quite as pretty in comparison, but I'd like to think Ive got some nice ideas a a few good titans:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=553745

I sent in the Nuju Hordika, hehe

And your MOCs are awesome! As long as you're fine with them then everybody else should be, too :) they look pretty cool, IMO

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

Post the video of our panel on YouTube. <3 Unless it's NSFBZP. :(

Another site with forums was part of the panel, unless the rule about discussing other sites with them has changed, it might not be allowed under that condition. Someone also said something about a review he did that may not be safe to repeat, Im guessing from peoples reactions since I was apparently fortunate enough to not understand the figure of speech used.

I sent in the Nuju Hordika, hehe

And your MOCs are awesome! As long as you're fine with them then everybody else should be, too :) they look pretty cool, IMO

Thank you! Of course they look better in person because my photos are always off XP. *Thinks* Off the top of my head I remember a Nuju Hordika headed creature with two double sockets for the body that was simpler but still had some interesting details and use of parts, maybe a gun or something mounted on his back, is that the one? I have my camera packed so I can't check right now.

I agree with you there, if your happy with what you've made then nothing else matters. I'm not saying that based on (what I'm guessing is) your creation but because there's no right or wrong with something like this.

In addition, at one of the last conventions I was at, an older moc I had packed but didn't really like anymore turned out to be a favorite of a younger attendee, and it was just a toa mata bodied guy with wheels for feet, not even good looking wheels. He liked it so much I made sure to make a wheeled creation in case he came to this convention, which turned out to be a roller skating toa.

Many kids have also commented that they see these simpler creations and they think they are great because they can understand it by looking at it, rather than the more complicated creations they cannot begin to understand the process of making.

Edited by Imatron

Our panel made it to YouTube. It's unedited so there might be some... weird... stuff.

• Upvote 1

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.