bionicle 2001 Toa Mata "stats"

niklasrd1993

Hello bionicle fans! i recently discovered the reboot of bionicle 2015   and having memory´s from 2001 and toa mata have made research the toa stats and one thing i notes was onua vs pohatu  stats   (bionicle.com  2001)  

onua has STRENGTH: 12   TOUGHNESS: 13 AGILITY: 11  MIND: 13 where

pohatu has STRENGTH: 13 TOUGHNESS: 14 AGILITY: 10 MIND: 11 

and i simply dont understand how pohatu has more strength than onua (him wearing  kanohi pakari)

http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Toa_Mata

toughness i sort of agreed since pohatu IS the toa of stone...

but what do you guys think?  have i just gone crazy?

(and yes onua is my new fav :P )

Edited by niklasrd1993

2008 Onua I could see as a 12, he was a track runner, rather than the brawler he was before.

Pohatus mass was concentrated in his lower half, making him a good kicker, but I dont think those tiny arms gave him onua levels of power.

Edited by ToaSalvus
  • Upvote 1

You haven't gone crazy, in response to your OP -- iirc the character descriptions from 01 specified Onua as the strongest of the Toa Mata. However, Pohatu was also stated to be slow and clumsy without his Kakama, and so sometime after Greg took over the storyline's fine details, he decided to apply that logic to Onua and state that he was significantly weaker without his Pakari. However, we can also reinterpret this as meaning that Onua and Pohatu are strong in different ways. There was a conversation about this in a thread back in October in which several people reconciled these changes to the story by attributing upper-body strength to Onua and lower-body strength to Pohatu.

If I may, below is basically an exact quote of my favored explanation as I described it in that thread:

Pohatu and Onua are the team's heavy hitters, but for different respective reasons. Onua I assumed to be the strongest in terms of dishing out brute force, but I always assumed Pohatu was the strongest in terms of stamina and durability (just take his first appearance in comic #1, for instance -- he appears entirely at ease following Kopaka around while completely out of his own element; he ventured up Mount Ihu in the first place because he was "practicing." Consider that: when the other Toa have to leave their own elements, it's a pretty big deal for them -- think Gali climbing and Lewa swimming in comic #2 -- but when Pohatu leaves his element? Just casually brushing up on his rock-kicking skills).

So they remain the team's heavies because Onua can deal massive amounts of damage without faltering, and Pohatu can take massive amounts of damage without faltering.

Although I suppose the stamina/durability thing could just as easily fall under "Toughness"

Edited by Jacks
  • Upvote 2

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
-------------------------------------
Rate The Song Above You

So to put the above explanation in D&D Stats (since I'm a geek through and through):

Pohatu: Middling Strength, Low dexterity, High Constitution

Onua: High Strength, Average Dexterity, Average Constitution

• Upvote 3

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

How strong does a Pakari make you?

"The Mask of Growth is a Kanohi that allows its user to grow larger, up to a maximum height of sixty feet. The user's strength will grow directly in proportion to their enlarged size, although at maximum size they are still not as strong as a Kanohi Pakari-user. The user's tools/weapons will also grow larger as well."  -BIONICLE Sector 01

You can be a 18 meters tall giant, and Onua would still be stronger than you.  ^_^ 

But is the Pakari "allwasy on" or do you have to "turn it on"? if its the latter, I am willing to give these stats some credibility (keeping in mind some of the points made here earlier). If it is the former, these are non-canon in my book.

P.s. Imagine a Toa Kaita made up of a Pakari user, a Mask of Growth user, and just for kicks, and Pehkui user :P

• Upvote 1

keetongorange-bionicle-logo-small.png

Yeah, while both Earth and Stone elemental characters are the strongest physically it is believed based on BS01 that without the use of a Pakari, Onua would be only slightly weaker than Pohatu. Though keeping in mind that Pohatu's strength was centered in his legs and feet, that didn't make him physically weaker, just differently strong compared to other Stone characters and the Earthh Toa Onua. This though is a general consensus based on element. It cannot be said that all Stone characters will automatically be physically stronger than Earth or the other elements user.

I'm not sure if the use of the Pakari increases one's strength to a certain level or generally multiplies one's strength by a certain level. By that would a Toa of Fire be equally as strong as a Toa of Earth when both are using the Pakari? Or would the Toa of Earth be much stronger due to already being stronger prior? This could answer your question Toa Doublebee.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png