Bionicle's piece lack of vital pieces in Lego Digital Designer

See? This is what I'm talking about! Bionicle is just as important as any other theme! Lego purists need to get it through their heads, bionicle is lego, deal with it! Lego isn't just bricks. :)

Individually? Sure. Bionicle, on its own, is as important as any one other old theme. But it is not as important as the added sum of every other system theme. That's where the difference lays. Statistically, it is less important than the bulk of the system themes.

• Upvote 2

AXKP5KC.png

But LEGO is mostly bricks, and the bricks have been around longer, and they're more popular to boot.

Yes, maybe LEGO purists need to acknowledge Bionicle as a theme equal any other. However, and more pressingly, we as Bionicle fans need to collectively understand that we are a niche community, and that is okay.

• Upvote 1

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

See? This is what I'm talking about! Bionicle is just as important as any other theme! Lego purists need to get it through their heads, bionicle is lego, deal with it! Lego isn't just bricks. :)

I think you missed the point entirely.  BIONICLE may have similar standing to other themes, but LEGO overwhelmingly produces themes that are based on LEGO SYSTEM, the bricks and studs.  Take a look at the current themes.  How many of those themes are SYSTEM-based?  Most of them.  How many are constraction-based?  One.  Thinking of LEGO as primarily bricks is not "purist", it's realistic.  Constraction isn't LEGO's focus and probably never will be.

The fact is that even if you consider every theme to be on a level playing field (which they aren't), "just bricks" themes outnumber other themes by a factor of about ten.  And that's not even taking into account how many sets are in each theme.

That is why you see so many SYSTEM pieces in LDD and not that many old BIONICLE pieces.  Because old BIONICLE pieces are simply not as important for the functionality of the program.

e:

We are just as important as the chima or city fans.
Nobody's disagreeing with that.  We're disagreeing with the idea that we're as important as all the Chima fans, City fans, Ninjago fans, Pirates fans, Star Wars fans, etc. combined.
Edited by Bfahome
  • Upvote 5

OpAXNpl.jpg

Exactly! Don't let them brick purists bring you down.

I'd love to see a set of mata body parts on LDD.

I don't understand what you're agreeing with, given that I just rejected your idea that thinking of LEGO as primarily SYSTEM makes someone "purist".

Was it that we have equal standing to fans of any other single theme?  Then sure, I guess.  But that means we have to wait in line just like everyone else.  We don't get to hop to the front just because you think we single-handedly saved LEGO.  And even then, fans who want the LDD team to add parts that went out of use over ten years ago are probably not going to get as far as fans who want them to add parts that debuted six months ago.

• Upvote 2

OpAXNpl.jpg

All they need to focus on is getting new Bionicle pieces on there, as there isn't much of a reason to build with the old system when we have a new, more improved, less breakable system that makes better figures and creations overall. X'D

Well the fact is that, absent of a strong push from fans, we're more likely to get CCBS parts than old parts.  And even with a strong push I doubt many old parts will be added, because there are still other themes with other parts to consider.

• Upvote 3

OpAXNpl.jpg

ah man, big circle argument aside, i just experienced this firsthand.

I was feeling like building an inkia kaita sorta thing, but most of my inika are missing bits, so i tried LDD.

it is missing not most of the inika bits, but a decent number of the important ones. :t

(which, i guess is because most of the peices they did add were from 2008-2010)

• Upvote 1

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

I believe this might have been mentioned in passing, but Eurobricks actually has a topic where people can request certain parts for future LDD updates. Some people (including me) have requested BIONICLE parts there, and many of the parts suggested there HAVE been added, although many others have not. Perhaps now that the BIONICLE theme is running again, adding BIONICLE parts might have a higher priority for the LDD team.

Something else to keep in mind is that even if BIONICLE parts are added infrequently, that doesn't mean the LDD team doesn't care. Adding parts to LDD is a lot of work, and BIONICLE parts can be more complicated than most. And even though I'm sure LEGO has digital renders of most parts from the past few decades, including BIONICLE, turning a digital render into a usable LDD part can be a lot of work because all the attachment points and collision volumes have to be programmed (something that is not an issue for LDraw, since LDraw parts lack actual connectivity and can even overlap). Many classic parts are considerably simpler by comparison.

• Upvote 3

BIONICLE IS A HUGE PART OF LEGO you would be fooling yourself if you didn't believe it

Bionicle is a significant and well-advertised part of LEGO. It is, however, no bigger than City, Star Wars, etc. and you are fooling yourself if you believe otherwise.

• Upvote 3

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You