How does Kapura travel quickly?

Except he can't possibly be teleporting, because he's unable to cross a chasm with no bridge. He's probably just moving so quickly that it looks like he's teleporting.

Yes, but he moves slowly. Maybe Kapura just says weird things and he's been trolling us since 2001. Maybe he's just the Ta-Koro olympics 400m dash champion.

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

Except he can't possibly be teleporting, because he's unable to cross a chasm with no bridge. He's probably just moving so quickly that it looks like he's teleporting.

Maybe he can't teleport across the chasm because he hasn't realised he can so it's a subconscious barrier? :P

He is slow after all, so if he doesn't really know how he does it... he just does it. ;)

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

He obviously travels fast by moving slowly. Make sense out of that.

• Upvote 2

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Hafu originals are so epic that few people can understand their true value.

• Upvote 3

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

My guess? He's actually fast, he just moves slowly in front of everyone else. He only moves quickly when no one's looking/when other Matoran blink so it seems like he's teleporting.

This.

Mayber, just maybe he's self concious about his speed in front of others so he goes really slow? Maybe he's a marathon runner: going relatively slow, but covering great distances in the long run.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

My guess? He's actually fast, he just moves slowly in front of everyone else. He only moves quickly when no one's looking/when other Matoran blink so it seems like he's teleporting.

This.

Mayber, just maybe he's self concious about his speed in front of others so he goes really slow? Maybe he's a marathon runner: going relatively slow, but covering great distances in the long run.

While this sounds great, it really only replaces one question with another: how does he move quickly, then? It seems clear, I think, that he moves faster than he could by just being a marathon runner.

So to accept this might be a first step towards coming up with some explanation, but on its own I don't think it is one.

• Upvote 1

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

I also like to think that he just breaks out into a run when no one is looking.

He could also have invented roller skates, and kept those secret from everyone else. His slow movements are just him practicing the right movements in order to practice skating when people are looking at him. :P

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

Maybe he's doing an illusion most of the time... but no, that wouldn't make sense.  I think it fits better as a sort of magic power that refuses to explain itself, but it WOULD be cool to be in Kapura's head while he's doing it.

Like have him close his eyes, then empty his mind of everything but where he wants to go, take a few 'slow' steps and open his eyes in a completely different place.  The limits would be he can only travel to places he knows about/has seen before.  So he couldn't do anything like travel to Metru Nui or someplace like that.

Maybe that's why he couldn't cross the canyon, either, because he hadn't seen the other side of it and didn't know what to focus on.  Lame explanation, but hey...

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

^^^^I actually like the above explanation, even if it was meant to be a joke. :P

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

He moves quickly... By moving slowly. There's your answer :P

Self-consciousness/illusion/running when nobody's looking doesn't make too much sense, since his training given to him (and the training witnessed in the charred forest by Takua) was to move slowly. It would definitely seem that it's not teleportation, as "jumping" place to place doesn't seem to have much of a correlation with training the *speed* of travel...

Also, is my mind confusing fact with headcanon, or didn't Kapura also state at one point in one of the games that, when he travels, he just has to focus on where he needs to be, and he finds himself there? His implied nonrecollection of the journey is the curious bit for me. Does he actually move fast to the point where he simply cannot notice the journey? The theory about him being able to slow time as he travels is interesting, but if he were able to move at a leisurely pace, surely he'd be able to remember the journey? I don't recall any other time-slowed beings exhibiting memory loss as a direct result...

Another side-fact is that he states in MNOGII that Courage is the key to movement... Training in a spooky forest (with limited movement) definitely seems like it could train/improve one's courage... How would courage give him that ability though, while the ability doesn't show up naturally in toa or other beings with presumably "more" courage..?

OR MAYBE KAPURA IS THE MOST COURAGEOUS BEING OF ALL TIME, EVER.

• Upvote 1

~Bionicle Online Games Guru~
Current Bionicle Sets: 232/250
2001: 23/24 2002: 20/21 2003: 22/22 2004: 22/22 2005: 23/23
2006: 16/22 2007: 22/22 2008: 25/27 2009: 26/26 2010: 4/6
2015: 18/18 2016: 11/17

He moves quickly... By moving slowly. There's your answer :P

Self-consciousness/illusion/running when nobody's looking doesn't make too much sense, since his training given to him (and the training witnessed in the charred forest by Takua) was to move slowly. It would definitely seem that it's not teleportation, as "jumping" place to place doesn't seem to have much of a correlation with training the *speed* of travel...

Also, is my mind confusing fact with headcanon, or didn't Kapura also state at one point in one of the games that, when he travels, he just has to focus on where he needs to be, and he finds himself there? His implied nonrecollection of the journey is the curious bit for me. Does he actually move fast to the point where he simply cannot notice the journey? The theory about him being able to slow time as he travels is interesting, but if he were able to move at a leisurely pace, surely he'd be able to remember the journey? I don't recall any other time-slowed beings exhibiting memory loss as a direct result...

Another side-fact is that he states in MNOGII that Courage is the key to movement... Training in a spooky forest (with limited movement) definitely seems like it could train/improve one's courage... How would courage give him that ability though, while the ability doesn't show up naturally in toa or other beings with presumably "more" courage..?

OR MAYBE KAPURA IS THE MOST COURAGEOUS BEING OF ALL TIME, EVER.

Whoa man you made me think of a new theory. If he just closes his eyes and visualizes himself being there, maybe he kinda just lets his subconscious take over and use the best possible path that no one else would think of? Like he just stops and says to himself "I will go there. I WILL go there. I know how" and his mind gives him the best/fastest way. That would explain why he trains in the forest; he says to himself "I will move slowly and calmly to that tree over there." and he closes his eyes and lets his body do the work for him. He doesn't even have to consciously think, so he wouldn't have second thoughts or other mental blocks. That would also explain why he couldn't cross the canyon in MNOG: he physically can't, and he knows that. It would also explain his, as you put it, "implied nonrecollection". He never thought during his journey. It explains the fact that he must be courageous as well: he has to be courageous enough to trust his subconscious to do the correct thing for him. He needs to train to not think "hey body, don't walk into a river, ok?" and to have the courage to go through with a plan that may allow for bad things to happen that he can't avoid because he can't observe and avoid them while he's passed out. Basically, he's uber-sleepwalking is what I'm saying.

Edited by Toa Vanson
  • Upvote 4

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

(I sort of TL;DR'd halfway through the first page, so forgive me if this is unrelated).

I see Kapura as a magician of sorts. Not by using "real" magic, but the type that you see in a show where the guy makes himself levitate or can control a flying object. 

However in Kapura's case he would have to be very skilled in that art, as creating an illusion of teleportation is a very difficult task. Maybe he visited the Charred Forest to practice his tricks so that he would be away from the other Ta-Matoran that might want to see how he does it? Maybe he would do card tricks while standing on top of the Suva, and the reason why the Jaller clone was cleaning it in MNOG was because Kapura tracked mud all over it during his latest performance?

Although I generally like the sci-fi feel of later Bionicle over the tribal element of the early years, the idea of all the MU inhabitants being AI never appealed to me. If Greg eventually comes up with a reason for Kapura's odd powers, it would probably be something similar to Vakama's visions being glitches in his programming. Should that become the case I will be more than happy to accept it, however for now I'm sticking with him being a magician.  

Edited by The Irrational Rock

bZpOwEr