Corpus Rahkshi Characters

lol, short has a manju buu head to make up for her height! 

COMING SOON, UPDATED PROTECTOR OF ICE

Protectors of Generations Past!

ICE, FIRE, WATER - http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/18021-mod-protectors-of-fire-ice-and-water/

EARTH                   -  http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/18035-mod-protectors-of-generations-past-earth/

group%20circle%20protector.png

Woah. Not a fan of Corpus Rahkshi, don't even know what it is exactly, but...seriously, these MOCs here are amazingly done, a perfect and coherent blend of old technic and CCBS, and a few System parts here and there as well. Kat is awesome for the way you used the Tahu Stars-limbs in the torso, Hoto has an incredibly nice spine, Toxin's weapon is sick, and I also like the way you used the Piraka legs in reverse on Vlad and Jayar.

Well done!

• Upvote 2

Still loving that hat on Bullseye, the proportions with that is just funny. And is Toxin taller than Bullseye or is that just me?

They're about the same height, though it varies depending on how they're posed.

lol, short has a manju buu head to make up for her height! 

Hate to disappoint you but that's not the case; it's just a hat. Probably should have clarified in her blurb...

Woah. Not a fan of Corpus Rahkshi, don't even know what it is exactly, but...seriously, these MOCs here are amazingly done, a perfect and coherent blend of old technic and CCBS, and a few System parts here and there as well. Kat is awesome for the way you used the Tahu Stars-limbs in the torso, Hoto has an incredibly nice spine, Toxin's weapon is sick, and I also like the way you used the Piraka legs in reverse on Vlad and Jayar.

Well done!

High praise you have! Thank you, and everyone else who replied, for the feedback, I greatly appreciate it.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I feel kind of bad about not commenting here, since two of my characters are up there, but better late than never, right? :D

Well, first off, in general, I really like your building style. It's one of those that manage to look great with not many parts, just by using them in new ways. I really like the technique used in Jayar's feet that managed to look very much like a Rahkshi foot. His shaping is excellent throughout, especially in the torso area. The combination of pieces there looks great.

And then there's lovable little Hoto. :) I don't know about you, but I struggled to find the right red parts for her design. I really like your solution, resorting to System bricks. It's something I need to try more often, because of the great shaping you can manage with them. The smooth and curved back was well executed here, and it manages to look very close to how I've pictured her. Those new armor pieces on her legs work perfectly. The larger shells in her torso and feet tend to look a little ungainly, but maybe they just need a bit of filling out.

Ah yes, everyone's favorite, Vaalku. A rather simple design, but I think the bit that sticks out to me the most is his severed limbs. Using just a few different parts, you managed to make them look broken off, which is great. The fingers are also clever.

Toxin is one of my favorites of the bunch. His bulky armor makes him look just like a samurai. Normally, I wouldn't have dared to try those proportions, but they work out perfectly here. The posing with his weapons just completes the amazing look of it all.

Omega seemed like a tricky MOC to pull off, with large proportions and a golden color scheme, but you did a fantastic job with him. In particular, I like the spine area. It is well filled out and heavily armored, looking just like it should for such an intimidating Rahkshi.

At first, I thought those pins were just a style choice for Cao, and I liked it. It invoked a bit of a samurai feel, which seemed to fit Cao's sagely wisdom. And then I saw the function, and it's brilliant. I never would have thought to actually make our Rahkshi of Elasticity stretchy, especially not like that. I also really like his color scheme.

Shark is... pretty terrifying actually. While being as bulky as Omega, it looks like you used a lot of different techniques to fill him out. It leaves a few places looking odd, like his sides and wrists. His Nameless Blade is really cool though, and the fin piece is perfect.

Kat's design is one of those that really wouldn't have come to me, but I like it. The Av-Toran limbs on the sides actually work really well for her. Though the arms are simple, I appreciate the callout to my art. :D Probably the best part of her would be the shaping on the legs. Those Visorak feet actually add a well-defined curve there that really helps to convey her gender and complete an otherwise skeletal and basic limb piece.

I've been trying to figure out how to MOC Fang for months, and you managed to pull it off really well. The color scheme I gave you couldn't have helped. Really, he's perfect. Tall and slender, less hunched, the white-painted back, and the tan and red armor. It's funny how those Star Wars decals on the legs worked perfectly for him. The feet actually do a great job of recreating Rahkshi feet in tan, though it might be nice to have a few tiles or cheese slopes to cover those open studs.

Short had to be a tricky one, but small MOCs are really where CCBS shines. Her build is simple, with much of it taken from the Stars set, but it works. She could have used a few more spines, but they would have been tricky to implement. Her signature hat and mace made me laugh a bit, as strange as they are.

Era is another one of my favorites out of the set. She's just so smooth and flowing, and it really fits her. The color scheme was hard to work with, but you did a great job balancing it out over her armor with those studs and Lewa's chestplate.

Bullseye is really well done too. His bulky armor suits him well, and that fedora is adorable. For some reason, those shells on his shins really remind me of boots, which helps with his cowboy look. The bow is also really cool and fitting.

And, last but not least, we've got Vlad. I have to say, he's been a fun character to play alongside, and he's very well represente here. The combination of old and new parts gives him a very solid and smooth construction with excellent proportions suiting a Rahkshi perfectly. I almost want to take him apart and see how he came together, because it really works. I just wish he had his cape... :D

Thanks for doing these, and I'm sorry for not posting earlier. You've done a great job creating all of these characters, and I look forward to seeing what else you can do.

Edited by Click
  • Upvote 2

Wow, that's a lot of feedback. Thanks Click! :D I really appreciate it that you analyzed all of them. For this one looks like point-by-point response will work best. Here we go:

I feel kind of bad about not commenting here, since two of my characters are up there, but better late than never, right? :D

Well, first off, in general, I really like your building style. It's one of those that manage to look great with not many parts, just by using them in new ways. I really like the technique used in Jayar's feet that managed to look very much like a Rahkshi foot. His shaping is excellent throughout, especially in the torso area. The combination of pieces there looks great.

And then there's lovable little Hoto. :) I don't know about you, but I struggled to find the right red parts for her design. I really like your solution, resorting to System bricks. It's something I need to try more often, because of the great shaping you can manage with them. The smooth and curved back was well executed here, and it manages to look very close to how I've pictured her. Those new armor pieces on her legs work perfectly. The larger shells in her torso and feet tend to look a little ungainly, but maybe they just need a bit of filling out.

Yeah, finding the right red parts was tricky. I don't have any red #3 shells or Rahkshi feet at the moment, in fact, but I'm quite happy with how she turned out without them.

Ah yes, everyone's favorite, Vaalku. A rather simple design, but I think the bit that sticks out to me the most is his severed limbs. Using just a few different parts, you managed to make them look broken off, which is great. The fingers are also clever.

Toxin is one of my favorites of the bunch. His bulky armor makes him look just like a samurai. Normally, I wouldn't have dared to try those proportions, but they work out perfectly here. The posing with his weapons just completes the amazing look of it all.

Omega seemed like a tricky MOC to pull off, with large proportions and a golden color scheme, but you did a fantastic job with him. In particular, I like the spine area. It is well filled out and heavily armored, looking just like it should for such an intimidating Rahkshi.

At first, I thought those pins were just a style choice for Cao, and I liked it. It invoked a bit of a samurai feel, which seemed to fit Cao's sagely wisdom. And then I saw the function, and it's brilliant. I never would have thought to actually make our Rahkshi of Elasticity stretchy, especially not like that. I also really like his color scheme.

Shark is... pretty terrifying actually. While being as bulky as Omega, it looks like you used a lot of different techniques to fill him out. It leaves a few places looking odd, like his sides and wrists. His Nameless Blade is really cool though, and the fin piece is perfect.

You're right, Shark's build differs greatly from Omega's. You're also right about his wrists being a little strange. Looking back, I'm not really sure why I put the friction extenders there; removing them alleviates that strangeness, though at the cost of a small degree of poseability.

Kat's design is one of those that really wouldn't have come to me, but I like it. The Av-Toran limbs on the sides actually work really well for her. Though the arms are simple, I appreciate the callout to my art. :D Probably the best part of her would be the shaping on the legs. Those Visorak feet actually add a well-defined curve there that really helps to convey her gender and complete an otherwise skeletal and basic limb piece.

I pretty much based her whole design off of your art, in fact, right down to the eye color.  :D It was a lot more to go by, more a worthy challenge, than the description in her profile, which describes her as standard. That's no fun. :P

I've been trying to figure out how to MOC Fang for months, and you managed to pull it off really well. The color scheme I gave you couldn't have helped. Really, he's perfect. Tall and slender, less hunched, the white-painted back, and the tan and red armor. It's funny how those Star Wars decals on the legs worked perfectly for him. The feet actually do a great job of recreating Rahkshi feet in tan, though it might be nice to have a few tiles or cheese slopes to cover those open studs.

Thanks! I used your art for him too, actually. I'll have to see about getting some cheese slopes or tiles put on the feet.

Short had to be a tricky one, but small MOCs are really where CCBS shines. Her build is simple, with much of it taken from the Stars set, but it works. She could have used a few more spines, but they would have been tricky to implement. Her signature hat and mace made me laugh a bit, as strange as they are

Era is another one of my favorites out of the set. She's just so smooth and flowing, and it really fits her. The color scheme was hard to work with, but you did a great job balancing it out over her armor with those studs and Lewa's chestplate.

Yeah, I was pretty happy to find that Lewa's chestplate fit her colors perfectly. Same with Omega and Onua's chestplate, actually.

Bullseye is really well done too. His bulky armor suits him well, and that fedora is adorable. For some reason, those shells on his shins really remind me of boots, which helps with his cowboy look. The bow is also really cool and fitting.

I didn't actually intend or notice the resemblance to boots - I was just using those pieces because they were purple :P But come to think of it they do have that effect. Cool.

And, last but not least, we've got Vlad. I have to say, he's been a fun character to play alongside, and he's very well represente here. The combination of old and new parts gives him a very solid and smooth construction with excellent proportions suiting a Rahkshi perfectly. I almost want to take him apart and see how he came together, because it really works. I just wish he had his cape... :D

It is too bad that he can't have the Cloak of Umbra, I agree. I just didn't feel like obscuring half his design with an improvised cape (read: towel  :P ) in this rendition. His torso is pretty crazy - there's a Protector torso hidden in there, and the skeleton pieces with the gold #3 shells his arms attach to are attached to that at his waist. As a humorous side effect they can be pivoted down at the waist as well, resulting in his arms coming out of his waist and him looking pretty silly.

Thanks for doing these, and I'm sorry for not posting earlier. You've done a great job creating all of these characters, and I look forward to seeing what else you can do.

Thanks! Don't worry about it, I appreciate that you posted at all, and in such depth. Bringing my vision of existing characters into being is always fun, plus there's the bonus that I get to recreate whatever's going on in the game and of course post them here. I look forward to presenting whatever else I come up with for you and all the world to see.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, great job on these here MOCs! I feel the really capture the spirits of the characters and Rahkshis in and of themselves.

Also, congrats on being featured!

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

These are seriously awesome, they really capture the individual traits and personality of each rahkshi. My personal favorites, both back from when I played the game and in your MOCs now, are Short and Omega. It really shows how awesome Omega was, that even several months after his death, he's still one of the game's signature characters.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Are you taking requests for Corpus Characters?

Also, I like the use of CCBS and system parts, it gives them unique staffs and spines.

Edited by Liuth

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Well, when I checked BZP news this morning, I certainly didn't expect to see my work featured! ^_^ I'm deeply honored that these guys made it to the front page, and really grateful for all the feedback so far.

Are you taking requests for Corpus Characters?

I'd be happy to take a shot building any character you or anyone else would care to suggest, though I have a preference for active characters. And if I happen to get a request for one with an absolutely unworkable appearance (like pink or something - and even then GIMP might make the impossible possible) I might have to turn it down. Though I do enjoy a challenge :D So basically, yes, but no guarantees.

EDIT: I'm also going to add, in accordance with the rules, that if you have a request, please PM me about it, rather than post it here. Probably understood already, but just in case.

EDIT AGAIN: I've reached my quota of Rahkshi for the next batch, and am no longer accepting requests. Another big thank you to all the people who support my work - I promise I won't disappoint. :D

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff
  • Upvote 1

>Sees MoCs

>Wants to play Corpus Rahkshi now

>Applies for a position

>Ultron requests some changes

>Fixes mistakes

>Ultron isn't on register topic currently

>π_π

"I didn't slip."

-Kopaka

Bionicle RPG Accounts:

Corpus Rahkshi: Kardenex

Kardenex, Rahkshi of Sound

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Oh boy, I can't wait to see an obese rahkshi.

Any news on whose characters have been completed so far?

Edit: Double post merged.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

• 3 weeks later...

While I can't truly say I'm not entirely grateful for the revival, the double-post was unnecessary, Liuth. You could have just shot me a PM. But anyways.

Any news on whose characters have been completed so far?

Batch Two is almost entirely complete. I'm awaiting one more (slow <_< ) parts shipment which will contains the pieces needed for a few finishing touches, and then I'll post them all at once in a topic much like this one. There will also be a link in my signature.

Like the green and black one :3

Thank you, I appreciated it. ^_^