BBC Contest #69 Final Poll!

BBC Contest #69 Final Poll!  

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Final Poll!
BBC Contest #69: Everything Old is New Again!

This is it... it's the final round of voting for BBC Contest #69: Everything Old is New Again!

Final Voting begins March 21st and ends March 23rd at 11:59 P.M. EST.
The contest winner and final voting results will be posted in a separate thread on March 24th

---------------------------------------------------------

BZP Rules and Guidelines

---------------------------------------------------------

1. ep.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Krika

2. dsc00082.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Nuhvok

3. c69_070.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Toa Mahri Matoro (BBC #69)

4. c69_104.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Ancient

5. c69_102.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Protector Dume and Nivawk

6. bbcc_69_entry_group.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> The Rahkshi

7. c69_034.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Umbra

8. c69_039.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Frost Hiver Kohrak

9. c69_022.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Visorak Oohnorak

10. a.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Mata-Nui

11. c69_046.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Nui-Jaga

12. c69_096.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> The Shadowed One, Ruler of the Dark Hunters

13. krika_master_of_entropy_1.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Krika Master of Entropy

• Upvote 9
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

Huh, thought with this many entries there might've been a semi-finals round. But you gotta make it hard and force us to choose one from thirteen, didn't ya. :P

Some good ones here. Dume and the Nui-Jaga stand out, but I think I'll be providing my vote to the Rahkshi at #6.

Good luck everybody. Some fantastic entries in this contest!

:music:

So many beautiful entries here. It's amazing how many unique creations there were of all sizes and complexities. So many of them blew me away when I first looked at them.

But sadly, there must be a choice. And I went with Matoro. Though not the biggest or most impressive of the bunch, the accuracy to the original set and perfect usage of the available parts is phenomenal. Enough that it beat out the amazing Rahkshi and Nivawk MOCs for me.

I did self-vote for this, but there are so many incredible creations that made it through (some that didn't :(, but that's what happens in contests).

I haven't made a lot of comment/critique on these creations individually, so I'll do that just briefly just now :P.

#1&13: I feel although probably not the strongest in this poll, both convey a very creepy look, and fit the theme well.

#2&8: Nuhvok's creator did something pretty unique within these final contestants(?) and re-imagined the original character(s), which I like. However, I can't really see the iconic shape of the Bohrok and I think the colours stray too far from the original. I love Kohrak, and I love how true to the original it is. I can't think of anything else to say other than how well it fits the theme of the contest, and how impressive it is for it's size (like all of Djokson's MOCs)

#3 Not talking about my own :P

#4 Ancient. Roa's very talked about and very impressive entry. I can't really pick out too many flaws, although the size may be a bit "too much" and although it is in no way against the rules, there are a lot of old Bionicle elements that stand out, and it seems a little cluttered. (also, I think a 14k gold skull spider mask on the chest would've looked pretty nice :P)

#5 The biggest of the finalists, and I think the biggest entry in this contest. It's a very impressive MOC, which stays very true to the original set (and movie version). The size and "not-cluttered-ness" are well balanced so its big, and doesn't at all strike me as a cluster of all sorts of parts that don't flow together. The fact it has a function too is also really neat.

6# Some of these Rahkshi look a little awkward next to the others, but my favourite out of these is Kurahk. The use of those Nuju Hordika masks as shoulder pads stand out to me and look really cool. They all fit the theme really well.

#7 I don't think this is one of the strongest entries here, however, it looks like a set that I would see on shelves next year. It stays very true to the original Umbra while not looking out of place with the CCBS. I do think the Bionicle elements used as armour "on top" bring it down a little though, as they have a different aesthetic than the modern look.

#9 I love how simple yet effective this pretty much fully-CCBS-built Visorak is. (Inspired me to make a Suukorak of my own based off this :P)

#10 Mata Nui is pretty solid, and is definitely impressive. Although it's a re-imagining, and the colours aren't 100% accurate like with #2, I still like the colour distribution a lot. It utilises the new Bionicle elements very effectively and I like the "cuff" look on the arms.

#11 is really neat, I know a lot of people are a fan of this one, and I do understand the appeal. The stinger looks really neat, and just the shape of the model is really neat. I like this one quite a bit, though I think it seems a little too different from the original Rahi.

#12 I like this one a lot, I can point out almost no faults at all with this one, and the fact it's a larger model adds to how impressive it is. I particularly like the shaping of the head and shoulder area, which is kinda samurai-esc. This is a really strong finalist and I think think the only let down would be the how gappy some parts are (like the shoulders and upper legs).

I hope that this post was not too long... Best of luck to all 12 other finalists!!!

• Upvote 2

OUPwunP.jpg

It's between #3, #10, and #11 for me.

Definitive vote coming later.

EDIT: Nah, never mind. #10 it is. Great work all around, though: tons of awesome entries!

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Picked #8. The head just looks so killer.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

There were a lot of really great MOCs in this competition, especially these. I went with Protector Dume and Nivawk, because everything about that MOC seems to flow together and just work out perfectly. Dume even has a gear function! Best of luck to the creators of the finalist entries! :)

• Upvote 1

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

How appropriate. Couldn't ask for a better number than 6. *chuckle!*

All of these are great builds! I'd point out favorites, but I can't really do that now for obvious reasons.  :P

Best of luck to everyone!

~Tesser

Edited by Tesseract

banner.jpg

Aww, we don't get semi-final polls? This competition had a lot of really great entries, and I was hoping that would have brought an epic fight to the death to reach the final. :P

My personal favorites here are #5, #6, #8 and #9. A hard choice, but I went with those Rahkshi.

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock

Not that I'm going to spoil the current poll but I'm surprised by the current leader, really surprised. I did not self vote on this as it would simply be self serving and there are several great MOCs here that are clearly way better than my own even WITH creator bias :P 

My top three here have got to be Dume and Nivawk, Ancient and The Shadowed One (though Ancient feels less relevant for being an unofficial model) 

I'm surprised some made it to the finals. Nuhvok, Kohrak and Mata Nui seem like strange semi finalists as they're pretty different from their original sets (Mata Nui is amazing but not recognisable)

Best of luck to all the entries, and thanks to all of those who put me through to the Semis :D

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Wow, yeah... pretty hard choice here without some semifinals to whittle it down a bit.

Really tried to keep the theme in mind when doing my own narrowing. These are all undeniably great MOCs, so it still wasn't that easy heh.

I think... I'm going with Dume & Nivawk this time. I really would have liked to vote for Matoro, Nui-Jaga, and The Shadowed One as well. They all just look so good.

~|ET|~

• Upvote 1

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Really? Voporak didn't make the final poll? Also a top 13 list can have 2 Krika entries? The Bohroks get a pass since those are at least two different types, but 2 of the same Makuta....

There's no "No Homers Allowed" rule in BBC contests. Support in the previous round, not an arbitrary limit on how many of a specific subject the contest can bear, dictates what the next round looks like.

• Upvote 3
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

To me, the best entries in this poll were Dume & Nivawk and the Nui-Jaga. I picked the Nui-Jaga in the end. Not only is it a beautiful model, it's the kind of model I'd love to actually own! It does a fabulous job balancing the classic look of the Nui-Jaga and the look of a real scorpion, all without relying on G1 BIONICLE parts. I do wish it had a stinging function, since the return of functional play is one of the hallmarks of G2 BIONICLE, but it's a fantastic design even without one.

• Upvote 2

Really tough choice here. My entry is here, but it's prolly the most mediocre option here, so definitely not even going to bother.

It was between Dume and Nivawk, Ohnorahk,  the Nui-Jaga, and Matoro. I ended up going for Matoro, much as it pained me to have to make the choice. Whichever one wins, however, will definitely deserve it!

• Upvote 2

AXKP5KC.png

I'm sad Nocturn didn't make it to the finals. I'm really surprised for that Nuhvok, though, and a little for Umbra, which I have voted in the preliminary poll, anyway. But as I said in their topic, my vote goes to the Rahkshi (also it seems like Ancient is not getting a lot of interest here. And pretty much everyone was praising it when they first saw it, already thinking to be doomed...)

Lost the preliminary poll, but 39 votes is still a pretty good turnout!

I'll give my vote to the Nivawk, even though you did beat me out  :P  It's been one of my favorite entries since the start, a stunning design and a great re-imagining 

• Upvote 1

It's like meeting a unicorn only to have him stab you in the heart with his horn. You make it to the final polls only to have your hopes and dreams utterly shattered! Seriously, the amount of outstanding entries out here is just phenomenal, and I can't wait to see who wins.

Seeing as I just wanted to save my face, I voted for mine :P

Best of luck to everyone. It's gonna be a tough one for sure :D

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Ultimately voted for Matoro, but it was painful turning down Dume & Nivawk and TSO. Matoro just looks so much like the original set while at the same time keeping with the aesthetic of G2. Best of luck to all the finalists!

Edited by Cyrix

[Cyrix]

*bursts into tears* why must I choose!?

Matoro, Dume & Nivawk, and the Nui-Jaga were all so awesome. Had to go for Dume & Nivawk though. If that was a G2 set, I'd be camping out to buy it.

=)

Edited by Space: Ocean of Awe
  • Upvote 1

"Baby, in the final analyses, love is power. That's where the power's at."

Tumblr

Twitter

Wattpad