What years' waves were the best?

Cwog

What years' waves were the best?  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Mahri Toa, the shape of Hahli's Faxon was a clear callback to the Kaukau, And Hewkii's Garai to the Kakama, Kongu looked like a boss, with an epic bearded mask, and Jaller's crab was adorable,

The Rahkshi because they were,

The Tohunga because they were so simple and yet so cool,

And they were little babies! I' was coo'

The Mahri Toa, the shape of Hahli's Faxon was a clear callback to the Kaukau, And Hewkii's Garai to the Kakama, Kongu looked like a boss, with an epic bearded mask, and Jaller's crab was adorable,

The Rahkshi were...? What? Would you care to elaborate on your thought?

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

The Rahkshi were...? What? Would you care to elaborate on your thought?

I'd imagine he meant they waz the best wave.

keetongorange-bionicle-logo-small.png

I wish there was an option for the 2015 sets. The Protectors/Toa of this year are my current favorites. I think the Bohrok will stay my all time favorite villains for now though. They have such a great blend between form and function that Bionicle has been hard pressed to capture since. That's why I don't like years like the Barraki, simply because there was zero funciton outside of a silly blaster. 

Edited by hiddenderek

I wish there was an option for the 2015 sets. The Protectors/Toa of this year are my current favorites. I think the Bohrok will stay my all time favorite villains for now though. They have such a great blend between form and function that Bionicle has been hard pressed to capture since. That's why I don't like years like the Barraki, simply because there was zero funciton outside of a silly blaster. 

I excluded because I wanted to see people's opinion on Gen1 sets. I think I'll make a new poll asking about gen2, right here and now, they were purposely excluded. I agree with you that the 2015 Toa are better than 2001-2010

That's why I don't like years like the Barraki, simply because there was zero funciton outside of a silly blaster. 

A blaster that, after hearing rumors online about how easily it breaks, I was to afraid to ever use.

I think I'll make a new poll asking about gen2, right here and now, they were purposely excluded.

Oh boy. Imagine that. Another decade of BIONICLE. I'l be in my late 20s when you'l make that poll.

Edited by Toa Doublebee

keetongorange-bionicle-logo-small.png

That's why I don't like years like the Barraki, simply because there was zero funciton outside of a silly blaster. 

A blaster that, after hearing rumors online about how easily it breaks, I was to afraid to ever use.

I think I'll make a new poll asking about gen2, right here and now, they were purposely excluded.

Oh boy. Imagine that. Another decade of BIONICLE. I'l be in my late 20s when you'l make that poll.

Not quite what I meant, buddy. Here it is, sooner than expected. http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/18251-which-winter-2015-sets-are-best/

I voted Voya Nui Resistance, Toa Mahri, and Barraki.

I tried to vote for the waves that had the most original set designs. I really liked the way the Voya Nui Matoran had varied designs, and I wish the rest of that year's sets had been the same way. Sure, we got some variety in feet and weapons and other minor things, but overall the Piraka all had the same design, and obviously the Toa Inika established the "Inika build" for years to come. It's a shame that the Piraka and Toa Inika weren't more varied like the Matoran were, since 2006 is my favorite year overall--I loved the titans, and the story in my opinion was phenomenal.

Again, the Toa Mahri were very varied (heh) in their designs, with each Toa having a completely different torso, and the weapons, armor, and masks were all really well-designed. If I had to pick my favorite six-set wave of all of them, it'd be the Toa Mahri.

The Barraki, like the Toa Mahri, also had a great deal of variation, which I guess is to be expected with Pit-mutated creatures. Not much can be said about the Barraki's designs that can't be seen immediately upon looking at them--they're scary, they're unique, and they're out to get you! Not a huge fan of those launchers, though.

I think if I had to pick a favorite set out of every Bionicle set, it wouldn't be from any six-set wave, but rather a titan. I think Brutaka would have to be my favorite: his torso is just so detailed, and that sword--you can't argue with The Sword.

banner.jpg

It's a controversial opinion, but I liked the Glatorian. Looking back, they were really good sets and some of the best examples of the inika build.

Yeah, the Glatorian were good. Sure, arguably a lot of them were Inika clones, but they were more than that--they each had their own quirks.

banner.jpg

VNRT, Mata, and Piraka. I think you should add a Titans category, thought that might be a pain considering the lack of unifying elements between them.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Man, my votes seemed to join the consensus, and I can see why

The waves I voted for were the ones with the "most" variation in them. The old bohrok-rahskhii-vahkhi-visorak-piraka waves in which they're all pretty much the same set with different variations kinda cheapen them; To get one set is cool and fine and dandy, but collecting the whole wave is less of an incentive when, after building one set, you can build the rest of them. I liked the variation that the "main" 2007 sets brought, lots of different constructions and designs that all still meet a same feel. As for the smaller sets, I had to cave into my nostalgia and choose 2001's tohunga and turaga. They had fit perfectly into the first mysterious year, with their simple yet strange builds, tribal yet mechanical motifs... and even though they were small, even the turaga had variation to almost each set (albeit a small one). I was hooked from my very first turaga for a reason. :P

• Upvote 1

~Bionicle Online Games Guru~
Current Bionicle Sets: 232/250
2001: 23/24 2002: 20/21 2003: 22/22 2004: 22/22 2005: 23/23
2006: 16/22 2007: 22/22 2008: 25/27 2009: 26/26 2010: 4/6
2015: 18/18 2016: 11/17

One of the main reasons I don't like some of the 2009 sets are A) the brittle pieces, and B) the confused styles. The sets took pieces from 2004-onward, and a lot of the styles in those pieces didn't quite belong.

The lime greens... THE LIME GREENS!!!!

• Upvote 1

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

One of the main reasons I don't like some of the 2009 sets are A) the brittle pieces, and B) the confused styles. The sets took pieces from 2004-onward, and a lot of the styles in those pieces didn't quite belong.

Are you referring to the brittle lime pieces, or the large amount of lime that we saw in Gresh, Vastus, Tarduk, and Tuma? In any case, as much as I love Gresh's color scheme, I like Lewa2015's more.

Bohrok Va were cute, adorable and neat little figures even if the krana falling out of their backs was a bit troublesome. For heroes I went with Mata (I liked the Metru, too) since they were the six I was most hyped up for when I heard about this line releasing, and have the best memories receiving (as almost all of them were gifts tied in with big personal days/events).

For villains: the Bohrok. Hands down, I adore my little bowling balls of doom.

• Upvote 1

The horror! They snap if you look at them wrong!

The horror! They snap if you look at them wrong!

*looks over scared* *somewhere, a lime green piece snaps* EEYAH! ;~;

• Upvote 1

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat