CCBS Terming

Swanka

First, I am going to apologize if this in the wrong part of the forum. I'm still relatively new here.

Second, I am also new to the CCBS system. I recently got Onua, but I don't know how to describe the parts, or what they're called.

What is this kind of part called?

4593555.jpg

And this?

6111144.jpg

And lastly, this?

6102792.jpg

• Upvote 1

For the latter, I usually see the term "shell add-on". That one in particular I hear was referred to as "the BIONICLE piece" at the NYCC reveal.

Bone is mostly used for the first, and shell for the second. That one in particular is a 4m shell, referencing its size.

• Upvote 1

The first are beams or bones (specifically, "A" beams/bones, while the ones with knee joints are "B" beams/bones), the second is a shell, and the third is a detail or shell detail. Some people also call the third type "add-ons".

Shells and beams are measured by their length, so the examples you listed specifically are a 5M "A" beam and a 4M shell.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 5

The shells (picture 2) are usually referred to by length in terms of studs, for example, the shell in the picture is four studs long.

The bones (picture 1) I haven't really seen a unified way of referring to the different lengths, but I imagine that length in studs would work for those as well (The one in the picture would be about 5 studs long) .

Picture 3 I've just seen referred to as "Bionicle shell add on" in most places.

andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for your informative and creative answers (in that order).

Swanka, did you find the answers you were looking for?

-----

EDIT I'm going to take your looming silence for a "yes".

Topic closed.

Edited by Makaru
  • Upvote 1

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert