I can't believe I've been on this site for more than 10 years

operater139

Like sheesh, when I joined this place I must've been 12, or something, right when Bionicle was first coming out.

I almost feel like I should do an AMA or something. What's your guys first memories of this site?

Mine is product reviews on the Exo-Toa.. one of the first Bionicles. I remember them publishing MOC's and stuff holding various contests.

• Upvote 1

I had some link on here to a fanfic I wrote about Bionicle posted on BzP about 8 years ago, sadly that hyperlink didn't work anymore.

Anyways, I've been on this site for more than 10 years.. who would've thought?

Yeah, it is hard for me to think just how long I have been here. Crazy, right? And people thought I was going outgrow Bionicle.... :blushlaugh:   Silly mid-twentieth century generations... :rolleyes:

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

oh man that reminded me of all those old comics!! I followed "The Rise and Fall of the Toa" and "Mask of Humour" by the Chili God and CyberKN, respectively. They both incorporated occasional flash movies -- maybe that's what you're remembering, farmstink?

There was another comic called "The Curse of Being Plushies" back when the whole "plushie" thing was all the rage; that was actually the thread in which I made my first post :D

• Upvote 1

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
-------------------------------------
Rate The Song Above You

My first memories of BZP are of me finding this site back in 2006 to see pictures of Vezon, who I had never heard of before until then. I didn't make an account until 2010, but I lurked here in the meantime.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

My oldest BZP memories are the reviews from 2007. It took a while for me to venture into the Forums, and the oldest thing I remember here is the Whack-a-Thornax thing. I think I spent more time looking at people's signatures than actually reading content.

I wish I had spent time in the creative section, but I didn't really do anything outside of Bionicle Discussion, BBC, and CoT.

IetTsFQ.png

Back in like 2007 or 2008 I looked up review of a set and I read it on here. It never crossed my mind until recently to make an account.

Same here, except it was late-2006 and I joined a year later.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

I remember so many things. I remember the very first flash Bionicle games via Lego where they were point and click. I might even have one downloaded somewhere, weirdly enough. I also remember when BzP was just only Bionicle oriented... it's crazy how things change.

I had some link on here to a fanfic I wrote about Bionicle posted on BzP about 8 years ago, sadly that hyperlink didn't work anymore.

One of the first things I did after joining was attempt to comment in a Roa McToa MOC thread, only to realize something was up when I tried to add a reply via the report page.

In my defense, I was ten.

That was a pretty regular occurrence for a while, probably right up until we went down for a few months and came back with the upgraded forums.

My first memories of BZP were in late 2002 when they were reporting on rumours about the Bohrok-Kal.  Well, I just knew I had to enter this site into my daily rotation to keep one step ahead of the pack when it came to Bionicle news.  Then I began perusing the forums and lurked in the Library and S&T forums for a bit before deciding to make an account and join the discussion.

• Upvote 1

I feel like this site was responsible for me starting a lot of vocations in my life. I loved the site so much I wanted to create my own, which inspired me to learn HTML and Java. Messing around with signatures and trying to have a snazzy tagline was always super fun. I still have old messages in my inbox from 10 years ago, and seeing how bad my grammar was is really freaking crazy.

I remember posting a story I wrote called "Lekura's Past" which was a fanfic, and I still have it even. Reading all the different fanfics was a real blast and how Greg was interactive with the site here. I remember people asking him questions trying to figure out hints to what the next part of the storyline would be.

I passed the ten-year mark last September, and I still honestly find it hard to believe that I wasted spent a whole decade of my life on this website.

As for my earliest memories of BZPower?  Several months before joining BZPower, I was active on the LEGO Message Boards.  It was early 2004, and for someone who received all their LEGO news through the Shop@Home catalogs, LEGO Magazine, and LEGO.com, all I knew of the Vahki was a number of mysterious silhouettes in Comic 16: Toa Metru!, although I did notice that the LEGO Magazine issue announcing the Rahi Building Challenge (the same contest that gave us the Tahtorak and others in the Rahi Beasts guide) also revealed that they would be eventually released as sets.

On the LEGO Message Boards, there was a topic where several members were discussing the new Vahki sets.  I remember being confused since there were no pictures of the Vahki available yet (beyond those aforementioned silhouettes), but then I noticed that one of these posts mentioned that images were available on BZPower.  My curiosity got the better of me, I checked it out, and lo and behold!  Photographs from Toyfair 2004, featuring not only the Vahki but also Nidhiki, Krekka, and even the mysterious Turaga Dume!  My young, naive mind was blown.

I'm not sure why it took me several more months before I actually joined BZPower (seeing as the Vahki sets were already on store shelves long before September), but here I am.  And as for my first memory as a member of BZPower?  The Chronicles of Vladek by Rahkshi Prime.  Oh goodness, just finding the still-intact Brickshelf gallery (since the original topic is long gone thanks to a certain idiot) brings back the memories.  Did you know that seeing the Muaka and Kane-Ra in this comic rekindled my desire from 2001 to own that set, so I ended up tracking it down and buying it from an online store by the end of the year?  What's that?  You don't care?  Oh... okay.  I'm sorry.

Then, after wandering around the forums while making a complete utter fool of myself (look, my only prior forum experience was the LEGO Message Boards, can you blame me?), I eventually settled in at the LEGO General Discussion subforum.  The rest is history, I suppose.  Obscure history that nobody else cares about, I'm sure, but history nonetheless.

• Upvote 2

I have known about BZP for many years. Since 2006. 

While all of you commented, I was always in the background...watching you...

I first joined for that battle for the gold mask thing. Obviously I didn't win, but I'm glad I joined the community!

I passed the 12-year mark today, myself.

The things I've seen and experienced... :mellow:

• Upvote 1

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Oh boy, I'm nearly at the 10 year mark myself. I have a rather poor memory, so I can't really remember much, though. ExoFarce comics, Bionicle Heroes, that sort of things sticks in my mind. Unfortunately, the things from that time that stay with me most are the sad things I experienced on this site, namely the passing of community members and such. This site'll always be a big part of me.

...............................................................Golden Avohkii---------------------------------------------------------

MyToa Mahri Theory /MK - Toa of Coffee's Artwork /and MK's Self-MoC

golden_avohkii_banner.gif

Pirates of The Caribbean 3 is great. Go see it. Now.

I joined when i was ten, and posted alot to the old minecraft thread and burnmads surver. Good times where had.

I remember trying to make one of those really long fanfcs and quitting, heh.

Edited by Timelady Gallade

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

I've lurked for a whole seven years before re-making my account. I was about, ooh, seven? When I first created an account way back in 2006. Then I forgot my password and never thought to make an account until now.

How foolish of me.

I think my first memory was the review of Jaller Mahri, I believe I then went and posted something and then bought him. Lovely blissful childhood.

I checked out news about the Bohrok Kal and some on the Rahkshi at some point in 2003. I also wanted to know where the game was that was giving people those cool titles and images below their avatar.

I joined right at the end of the year when Metru-Nui was just becoming big and all, hence the name.

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

Haven't been on here for as long as a lot of others, but I clearly remember how I found my way to BZPower.

Back in my 'youth', I was off looking for more BIONICLE information online after having found my BIONICLE Encyclopedia unsatisfactory in regards to post-2005 (I never owned the updated edition), and so in around ... Jesus I guess it was about late-2007 or so, I googled for a BIONICLE wiki.

As expected, I got the BIONICLE Wiki.

There was a page on that site (I can't find it anymore, but I think I can remember the details) stating that it was originally some parody wiki or whatnot made by a BS01 vandal or something, before being fixed up by BS01 migrants into what it is now. Although I could be misremembering horribly. Who knows? Anyway I hung around on there for a bit before deciding to check out this BS01 thing, where I first learnt of BZPower.

Didn't really care for this place much, but then the Core War canon short story contest thing was being held, and in my arrogant eleven year old ways, I attempted to write something up for it, joining BZP in the process.

Obviously I didn't get my work canonised (Dorek did), but hey, from then on I became a regular member of this site.

A very regular member.

Very.

• Upvote 3

My earliest memories of the site are mostly the insane amount of activity at all times of the day. :o That and my continuous attempts at being funny, including but not limited to a heavy use of tree-speak (I think that's what it's called?).

And of course, admiring the fanart so much that I set myself a goal to learn to draw like that within the next 3 years - which I totally did. :3

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

It's been so long...Got the itch to play that Mata Nui flash game again and remembered about this site. Going through my inbox and looking at my old messages gave me quite the laugh, I can't recall my spelling/grammar being THAT bad.

Also, I love how the BZPower home page design hasn't changed at all. Gotta love that oldschool web look!

Edited by Vaporeon

I haven't actually been a member for 10 years, but I've looked through this site for more than 10 years. From what I can recall, I was first introduced and shown to BZPower at a really young age. It was the day that my parents bought me the "Bionicle Battle Pack" (which included Toa Nokama, Toa Nuju, Nuurakh, Bordakh and Vorzakh) from my local Toys"R"Us, in which I was shown to BZPower, as my brother wanted to tell someone about the Battle Pack. 

Other early memories include staring through the "Proto-Squad package" and the Avak and Reidak review, over and over again. I only ever looked at the reviews, as I never knew how to get to the forums as a young kid.

• 3 weeks later...

Back in early 2003, I got an avatar of my BBC entry from Aero Crunch's avatar shop. I linked it to his image host directly, and he replaced it with an image accusing me of stealing bandwidth. I was mortified and thought I had broken some sort of internet law.

I think I stayed off BZP for a couple days.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Holy Molly, have i really been on this site for that long???

(i mean i left for, like, three years after Bionicle ended,)

but still.

I know right? It doesn't feel that long. Compared to how I used to be, I was a bit noobish. :bored:

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I know how you feel. Its been a great time on this site and I still find myself visiting it all the time. Really wishing this site a good future to come!

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't been on here for as long as a lot of others, but I clearly remember how I found my way to BZPower.

Back in my 'youth', I was off looking for more BIONICLE information online after having found my BIONICLE Encyclopedia unsatisfactory in regards to post-2005 (I never owned the updated edition), and so in around ... Jesus I guess it was about late-2007 or so, I googled for a BIONICLE wiki.

As expected, I got the BIONICLE Wiki.

There was a page on that site (I can't find it anymore, but I think I can remember the details) stating that it was originally some parody wiki or whatnot made by a BS01 vandal or something, before being fixed up by BS01 migrants into what it is now. Although I could be misremembering horribly. Who knows? Anyway I hung around on there for a bit before deciding to check out this BS01 thing, where I first learnt of BZPower.

Didn't really care for this place much, but then the Core War canon short story contest thing was being held, and in my arrogant eleven year old ways, I attempted to write something up for it, joining BZP in the process.

Obviously I didn't get my work canonised (Dorek did), but hey, from then on I became a regular member of this site.

A very regular member.

Very.

Someone get this guy premier membership, we have to see his rank image.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

I forgot that just this week, I passed the 9 year mark!

I joined this site when I was 8...woahhhh

I joined because my brother convinced me to. He was a guest star in Kayru's comics.

I remember a while back I made staff certificates...man I was weird.

Time flies!

I posted somewhere -- I think on my blog nope, it was here -- about the fact that most of my life and my career prospects came from the stuff I was involved in through this site. It really is incredible. So much gratitude for this site and the people I met here! :D

Unfortunately, I can't even remember my first memory. :(

Edited by Shadow Kurahk