MOC: Wairuha, Master of Wisdom

Cwog

I've seen a whole lot of Wairuha and Akamai MOCs, so I decided to try my hand at one! This is made solely from 70786 Gali - Master of Water, 70784 Lewa - Master of Jungle, and 70788 Kopaka - Master of Ice. Sorry in advance for the pictures being so blurry. Here's the link to the album on imgur. https://imgur.com/a/2GRQT#0

So, this is my first MOC to be posted anywhere, and I would love to receive constructive criticism from anyone who sees something I can improve on. Thanks!

EDIT: After changing the design, I took more pictures. Here they are:https://imgur.com/a/j7CmD

Edited by Cwog
  • Upvote 1

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

I've been waiting for some of these to show up. I really hope Lego will start adding instructions for toa/toa combo models eventually to make up for the sad "power-ups."

This is really quite a solid combiner, especially in the way it harkens back to the original. However, the swords poking out of the shield throw me off a little bit. I also can't help but think that the Gali chest plate would've been a better placement on the chest, as it would've varied up the torso color a bit, and smoothed the jarring-ness of blue/green/white. I also feel there should've been more gold/blue pieces in general, as you had so many left over in the second moc. Other than the colors, I think this is a solid effort, and would do well added to the back of an instruction manual. Well done!

~Madu-

<}> <}>

~

RPG Profiles:

Cresk

Is this supposed to be a mixture of Kopaka and Lewa? (Not very experienced with MOCs)

In the album, I compared it to the original Wairuha, who was a fusion of Kopaka, Lewa, and Gali. I decided to make a new Wairuha with the new Kopaka, Lewa, and Gali.

I've been waiting for some of these to show up. I really hope Lego will start adding instructions for toa/toa combo models eventually to make up for the sad "power-ups."

This is really quite a solid combiner, especially in the way it harkens back to the original. However, the swords poking out of the shield throw me off a little bit. I also can't help but think that the Gali chest plate would've been a better placement on the chest, as it would've varied up the torso color a bit, and smoothed the jarring-ness of blue/green/white. I also feel there should've been more gold/blue pieces in general, as you had so many left over in the second moc. Other than the colors, I think this is a solid effort, and would do well added to the back of an instruction manual. Well done!

Thank you so much for the comments! The swords on the shield certainly don't need to be there, but I felt like it would add a flair to it. As for the chest plate, I'll see how that looks with Gali's. About the color scheme, the original Wairuha had a silver mask, and more of a silver motif in general. I left out the gold in favor of other colors, but I think that some white could be easily exchanged for blue. As for balancing out the colors of the three Toa, you may not have noticed, but the armor plating on the lower arms is Gali's pewter armor.

Looking at my MOC now, I think I'll switch out the pewter for blue, and the blue on the back can switch to green. I'll post some pictures once I get around to it, probably tomorrow afternoon.

EDIT: I tried swapping the pewter for blue, and the blue pieces actually don't fit because of the upper-arm armor. I settled for swapping the white on the shins for blue, and the back armor to white. Also, Gali's chest plate looks better. More pictures to come.

Okay guys, I have finished Version 2 of Wairuha, made by taking advice from Madu Cabolo. You can see that I added armor to the wings, swapped the armor on the shins and calves, changed the chest plate, and updated the weapons. Also, in the end of the album is two pictures showing him with blue eyes, and with yellow eyes. Which do you think looks better?

https://imgur.com/a/j7CmD

Edited by Black Six

I think making the torso so similar to Lewa's is a little dull.

You said that the originial had a silver motif. Could you explain? I don't remember him having one...

ZzkfmMu.pngvwtB301.jpg

In MNOG, the masks they wear are gold and silver, and I don't know, it seems like the white cool colors of blue and light green really make it seem like there's more silver than there is. Now, in Akamai, which I'm working on bringing into Gen2, The gold from Onua and Tahu will definitely play a larger part in the color scheme

I disagree, but I understand your point.

Can't wait to see yer Master of Valor :)

I actually have him built right now, but I'm extremely unsatisfied. His chest is too buffed up, and his legs are too thin, not to mention that to get his arms to the proportionally right length, I need three bones (the first two make up the upper arm, and it keeps bending backwards). I'm not having as easy a time with Akamai as I did Wairuha.

*replying from my Surface, which won't let me quote people* Doublebee, you mentioned earlier about the torso being too similar to Lewa's. My response to that is, in my mind, Wairuha should look like a mix of Lewa, Kopaka, and Gali, all the while being his own character. Giving him Lewa's shoulder spikes seemed like a good compromise, and the green armor is what was left from using the two silver ones as shoulder armor. 

I see...I admit to not noticing those :P

Maybe use Gali's gunmetal chest piece thing? would break the "monopoly" Lewa's torso has, and won't mess up the color scheme like Kopaka's would.

Check out the new album I posted. I changed it up a bit, so you can see that I actually did use Gali's chest the second time around.

Oh yes, I think this is much better :D

Thank you! You really have no idea how much that means to me to know that someone likes it. I worked pretty hard... As for Akamai, I'm getting close to giving up. It's just not working out right. But, in any case, I had tons of fun building and posing/playing with Wairuha.

Hey everyone! My 2015 revamp of Akamai is complete! So no, Doublebee, I didn't give up. You can find the post by following the link below. Also, yes, this may be a not-so-sneaky tactic to bring my Wairuha MOC back into the spotlight, but Hey! Why not?

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/18175-moc-akamai-master-of-valor/

Edited by Cwog

Pretty nice. It's very simple compared to some of the other 2015 Wairuha renditions I've seen, but that's not to say its bad. It's quite effective really. Interesting limb and weapon design built around a pretty solid base structure (which seems to be mainly Lewa's design). The wings really add to it, looks very angelic. 

Good job!

-NotS

• Upvote 2

tahubanner.jpg