Lewa Is A Toa Of The Green Now.

turagajovan

Hey, everypony! Sorry, brony reference. Anyway, after digging through this site I've found out how to start a new topic, so I wanted to discuss my theory. I think that Lewa has been made a Toa of plantlife in the 2015 reboot, or "The green" as the Matoran used to call it.

Speaking of Lewa, do you think that the new Toa will get Nuva forms in 2016, or will it just be new enemies from here on out?

[Well Master of Jungle, but yes your right.] I'm not really sure what to expect when it comes to Toa next year, I don't think we'll be seeing new Toa as soon as 'Wave 3'/[Wave 1 of 2015], but to see the present Toa in even more armor & metallic colours... I think that would be a bit much & kind of doubt it, I can see some kind of transformation but I hope it isn't a 'plain' bigger_weapons+more_armour+metal upgrade.

So yeah IDK. I'm sure they can make the sets work, but then again I don't think it'll be a drastic style change or anything overly gimmicky (eg gel heads, laser sword).

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

1. Look at the front of the box, it literally says Lewa Master of Jungle.

2. Please. No ponies. 

1. Not really a theory, more like calling out the obvious.

2. We are AFoLs, not Bronies. While both groups are adult fans of a children's brand, one is slightly less creepy, and much more reasonable.

• Upvote 4

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

No, he's not.

A Toa of the Green is something that exists in G1 universe. In G2 universe there is no such thing as a Green element or power, so far, at least.

That being said, it would sure be nice if the current Masters come back into some evolved form next year, although I wouldn't want them to be called Toa Nuva. Some other title, perhaps. Or maybe no title, just a transformation/upgrade, or merely a different form they can switch to - and from which switch back to the original - whenever they like/need to.

No, he's not.

A Toa of the Green is something that exists in G1 universe. In G2 universe there is no such thing as a Green element or power, so far, at least.

That being said, it would sure be nice if the current Masters come back into some evolved form next year, although I wouldn't want them to be called Toa Nuva. Some other title, perhaps. Or maybe no title, just a transformation/upgrade, or merely a different form they can switch to - and from which switch back to the original - whenever they like/need to.

*ahem*

*points to Lewa Master of Jungle box*

• Upvote 1

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

No, he's not.

*ahem*

I think it was pretty clear that Millennium was just saying the specific name of "the Green" does not exist in the reboot, not the powers. And he is right.

• Upvote 3

AXKP5KC.png

2. Please. No ponies. 

2. We are AFoLs, not Bronies. While both groups are adult fans of a children's brand, one is slightly less creepy, and much more reasonable.

Slighty? 

You caught me.

No, he's not.

*ahem*

I think it was pretty clear that Millennium was just saying the specific name of "the Green" does not exist in the reboot, not the powers. And he is right.

Millenium's also right because Lewa doesn't have the same powers as a Toa of The Green. While we still haven't seen exactly what it means that Lewa can "commune with the wind," it certainly does not sound like anything a g1 Toa of The Green could do.

So yes, despite being the Master of Jungle, Lewa is not a Toa of The Green, not by the definition established in g1.

• Upvote 3

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

2. Please. No ponies. 

FINALLY somebody else thinks there's something very wrong about grown men going nuts over pink cartoon ponies.

Hey look spam and flame. Don't do that.

Edited by Makaru
  • Upvote 2

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

-snip-

FINALLY somebody else thinks there's something very wrong about grown men going nuts over pink cartoon ponies.

It's no more wrong than, oh I dunno let's say, adult men going nuts over colorful plastic buildable action figures OH WAIT LOOK WHAT'S THIS WEBSITE YOU'RE ON

• Upvote 4

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

2. Please. No ponies. 

Yes. Yes finally, you can all be together in...being unfairly judgmental of others for their interests? C...congratulations..?? Wait, no, not congratulations. That's awful. You guys are on a website dedicated to bright plastic toys, in the eyes of many, we are no less creepy! Even if certain parts of that fanbase is questionable at best, the attitude shown here by some is needlessly condescending (and vaguely lacking in self-awareness!). Knock it off.

• Upvote 7

AXKP5KC.png

So fandom flaming aside... What do people think of the chance of seeing Nuva versions of the Toa next year?

So fandom flaming aside... What do people think of the chance of seeing Nuva versions of the Toa next year?

Well, it's almost certain that we'll see the Toa take new forms, but I really doubt we'll see Nuva versions specifically. Not only would it run a bit contrary to the trend towards less made-up terms, the defining features of the Nuva compared to the original Toa--metallic armor and weapons with other applications--are already present on our Toa. The only thing they don't have that the Nuva did is those hideous masks, and I think it's better that it stay that way? (Even if they get new masks I think they'll probably stick closer to their original designs than the Nuva masks did) So even if the Toa do get upgrades of some sort it wouldn't make much sense to classify them as "Nuva," since they wouldn't really share much with the original Nuva.

• Upvote 2

AXKP5KC.png

If this is true, at least it means we'll see people using Jungle as the name instead of the inane "The Green," which would be a welcome change. Honestly, I never could comprehend why that was used. People would laugh if I called Tahu a Toa of "The Red," so why does plantlife get saddled with "The Green"?

~B~

• Upvote 3

No, he's not.

*ahem*

Millenium's also right because Lewa doesn't have the same powers as a Toa of The Green. While we still haven't seen exactly what it means that Lewa can "commune with the wind," it certainly does not sound like anything a g1 Toa of The Green could do.

So yes, despite being the Master of Jungle, Lewa is not a Toa of The Green, not by the definition established in g1.

Thanks guys. That's what I meant. Let's leave G1 where it is, and enjoy G2 as much as we can, without trying to find any more correlations other than the names of the main heroes. I meant this, too.

• Upvote 1

Contributing something useful to this conversation, I think BS01 said that Hewkii Inika had Stone as his main power and then could also use Lightning through his axe... or something like that.  Lewa's new bio says he controls 'plants and the wind', so maybe he's doing the same kind of thing.  Has Jungle/plantlife as his main power and Air as a secondary power.

As for the ponies I didn't realize it was such a touchy subject...

Edited by evil_jaga_genius

Contributing something useful to this conversation, I think BS01 said that Hewkii Inika had Stone as his main power and then could also use Lightning through his axe... or something like that.  Lewa's new bio says he controls 'plants and the wind', so maybe he's doing the same kind of thing.  Has Jungle/plantlife as his main power and Air as a secondary power.

As for the ponies I didn't realize it was such a touchy subject...

First of all, what exactly is flaming? I'm pretty new to BZP and forums in general.

Secondly, all the Toa Inika had electricity powers bestowed by the Red Star. This case with Gen2 Lewa seems to be a bit different, because none of the other Toa have a secondary elemental power.

If this is true, at least it means we'll see people using Jungle as the name instead of the inane "The Green," which would be a welcome change. Honestly, I never could comprehend why that was used. People would laugh if I called Tahu a Toa of "The Red," so why does plantlife get saddled with "The Green"?

~B~

If i recall, it was some thing about matoran not having any real plants and just plant-like-protodermic-structures, so it was considered more right for it to be "the green" than just plantlife?

or something, idk. i don't keep track of greg's reasoning for dumb canons. :0

Edited by Rahkshi Lalonde

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

~B~

If i recall, it was some thing about matoran not having any real plants and just plant-like-protodermic-structures, so it was considered more right for it to be "the green" than just plantlife?

or something, idk. i don't keep track of greg's reasoning for dumb canons. :0

I was pretty young to follow all of the non-mainstream Bionicle media, so honestly, I don't really care anymore. Gen2 is a fresh start.

• Upvote 1

~B~

Because "the green" is an actual, real-world poetic term for plants that's been in use for centuries, whereas nobody ever refers to fire as "the red" in real life? Honestly this is a very silly question.

To quote William Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream (circa 1595) "And I serve the fairy queen, To dew her orbs upon the green."

"The Green" is also used extensively in the Swamp Thing series by DC Comics to refer to plantlife in an elemental/spiritual sense, so Greg certainly didn't invent that usage.

• Upvote 4

~B~

Because "the green" is an actual, real-world poetic term for plants that's been in use for centuries, whereas nobody ever refers to fire as "the red" in real life? Honestly this is a very silly question.

To quote William Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream (circa 1595) "And I serve the fairy queen, To dew her orbs upon the green."

"The Green" is also used extensively in the Swamp Thing series by DC Comics to refer to plantlife in an elemental/spiritual sense, so Greg certainly didn't invent that usage.

I'm aware of the term's meaning in general, but I think using it for the Bionicle element is ridiculous when all of the other elements have simple, direct terms, and The Green is as you said, a poetic term based on metaphor. It's entirely out of place in Bionicle.

~B~

Edited by Ballom
  • Upvote 1

On the topic of secondary powers, wouldn't it be awesome if the Toa's upgrade was giving them all secondary powers (or even better, bringing back the Toa Inika but making each member themed around a secondary element.

Ooh yah... maybe give them the Bohrok-Kal powers or Rahkshi powers... though I admit Rahkshi powers might not work so well, seeing as though they had 'evil' connotations (like Fear, Poison and Anger).  They're still awesome powers to have, though.

~B~

Well "The Red" exists in the DC universe, just like The Green. Except that it connects animals together instead of plants.

Edited by Anonymous User

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Yeah.... calling him the Master of Jungle instead of Master of Air would seem to apply that he's a Toa of Jungle now. But we haven't seen him throwing vines around in the serials, so it's kind of hard to judge. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

But we haven't seen him throwing vines around in the serials, so it's kind of hard to judge. 

Eh... We see vines pop up around him in the Mask of Creation game... so I think that & his name kinda indicates he has some form of control over plants ... as his name suggests.

I think that, aside from naming his element an unnecessarily poetic term (the Green), "Jungle" is really inclusive regarding powers. If you look at his Bionicle.com profile, it says this:

Powers: Communes with plants and the wind

So, instead of having "Air" or "The Green", it seems like "Jungle" combines the two, giving him power over air and plantlife. I like this change a lot.

• Upvote 2

Yep, Jungle and Air are the same element now! Makes sense, they played with something similar during the Bara Magna arc (Gresh being a Jungle Glatorian but gaining Air Elemental Power). Green just seems more reminiscent of the Jungle environment I guess.

And yeah, you can count on the Toa gaining new upgraded forms! 

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Why everypony, what about everyanimal, everytoa, everypurple, everynacho, every...            what was I'm going on about again???

Anyways, I think Lewa became a Toa of jungle because lego didn't think it would make sense to have a jungle (the green) element and a air element.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Actually, it would make more sense to have a jungle master and an air master, and combine stone and earth in a single element. Their difference is quite hard to grasp.

Less so in Gen2, with Pohatu's main power being the dust devils he rides on. Onua is earth, as in beneath your feet, earthquake. Pohatu is rock as in sand on the wind, landslide.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...