Collectible ideas.

Xan

So with the return of Bionicle, and the collectibles that have come with it (trans red Hau, clear Hau, gold masks), what other fun collectible ideas would you like to see?

An obvious choice would be mask packs with different coloured Toa masks, like in 01, but I personally would like to see chrome plastic gold versions of the real gold masks, like the gold C-3PO figures. They would come in polybags with their own build-able podiums. Because not all of us would be able to afford the real deal glorious gold ones. :(

What skull spiders that aren't green, blue, and silver? In the character comics, you can see dark green and red skull spiders, and it'd be nice to have them in set-form. Also, according to Bionicle.com, each breed of skull spider has a different characteristic. Silver is fast, blue is tough, and green has x-ray vision. What other traits could there be?

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

Mask packs with different colors of Toa and Protector masks (for the protectors, maybe solid colored masks? For the Toa, the six main colors + silver. Maybe Skull spider + Skull villain masks as well.)

I know this might not be considered a collectible, but maybe kits with an xt4 torso, head, eye stalk, some bones and shells, 2 hands, 2 feet, a tool or blaster, and a mask. With that, you could make villagers. What would be cool is to have 6 different packs. One for each color. These 6 could double as mask packs as they would include a random mask in that element's color! I would love that. :D

Edited by Daler99
  • Upvote 1

~Daler

I really like that idea. Then you could have villagers to be protected by the protectors!

Huh, thats something I haven't considered. The Protectors protect their people  ^_^ 

I personally don't want recolours of the current masks. in 01 it made sense story wise, right now it doesn't. Plus imho the new masks don't have that uh... collectable charm? like the original 12 masks had :/  

• Upvote 1

keetongorange-bionicle-logo-small.png

hngg... please don't call the golden masks collectibles, they're trophies... (Also it makes me feel self conscious about my G2 Tahu collection, I've only got the 4!)

I like the idea of skull spider grab bags that would come with some 2 random spiders maybe and then 8-10 legs. Maybe small McToran type tiny protectors, but that would be a stretch given the 10 dollar price for them. I do agree though, the new masks don't really have a collectible feel, and I don't feel like collecting them :P

• Upvote 2

In honor of the anniversary, I'm making a signature. Neat.

hngg... please don't call the golden masks collectibles, they're trophies... (Also it makes me feel self conscious about my G2 Tahu collection, I've only got the 4!)

I like the idea of skull spider grab bags that would come with some 2 random spiders maybe and then 8-10 legs. Maybe small McToran type tiny protectors, but that would be a stretch given the 10 dollar price for them. I do agree though, the new masks don't really have a collectible feel, and I don't feel like collecting them :P

Sorry for tooting my own horn, but I'm really in love with the idea of collectible skull spiders!

Something simple could probably work: maybe a bag with one spider and one normal mask, but in different colours. I'm already imagining all of the MOCing opportunities I could get out of a trans-coloured Skull Spider mask....

• Upvote 2

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Yeah I would kill for some more Skull Spiders. I mean dark red and lavender would be cool colors to get, since we have seen red and purple spiders in the comics, so that'd be cool. But we don't have to stop there! Black ones! Trans bright green! A black/trans fluorescent red-orange blend! Tell me that wouldn't be the coolest thing. (I think it would be!). Some sort of Skull Spider & Mask packs would be pretty cool.

• Upvote 3

AXKP5KC.png

Yeah I would kill for some more Skull Spiders. I mean dark red and lavender would be cool colors to get, since we have seen red and purple spiders in the comics, so that'd be cool. But we don't have to stop there! Black ones! Trans bright green! A black/trans fluorescent red-orange blend! Tell me that wouldn't be the coolest thing. (I think it would be!). Some sort of Skull Spider & Mask packs would be pretty cool.

Yes... just... yes.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Mask packs with different colors of Toa and Protector masks (for the protectors, maybe solid colored masks? For the Toa, the six main colors + silver. Maybe Skull spider + Skull villain masks as well.)

I know this might not be considered a collectible, but maybe kits with an xt4 torso, head, eye stalk, some bones and shells, 2 hands, 2 feet, a tool or blaster, and a mask. With that, you could make villagers. What would be cool is to have 6 different packs. One for each color. These 6 could double as mask packs as they would include a random mask in that element's color! I would love that. :D

I like your style!

Those Villager packs would be amazing! Thing of the armies you  could have. The only other way to build villagers is buy duplicates of the Protectors, and that's too much for me.

I would also like to see a Skull Spider pack, but in a different fashion. You get one Skull Spider, and each box comes with a part of a bigger Skull Villian(Not Toa sized, just Protector sized). and lets say, six gets you a full Skull Protector. 

Just a thought.

• Upvote 1

I'm currently in the process of rewriting G2. PM me if interested.

Feel free to follow the blog! (https://spiritofokoto.tumblr.com/)

I would like some Villager polybags that have different styles and tools, along with different masks for each villager, or just villager mask packs in general.

I like that. Are we talking about full Protector sized Villagers, or Tohunga sized?

• Upvote 1

I'm currently in the process of rewriting G2. PM me if interested.

Feel free to follow the blog! (https://spiritofokoto.tumblr.com/)

I would like some Villager polybags that have different styles and tools, along with different masks for each villager, or just villager mask packs in general.

I like that. Are we talking about full Protector sized Villagers, or Tohunga sized?

More towards the protector's size, but somewhere in between.

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

The problem with these sorts of concepts (and don't think I haven't entertained similar ideas) is that the smaller a set is, the less appeal it has. The Protectors are already fairly affordable, so how much appeal could smaller, less impressive versions of them have over their larger cousins? Particularly considering that they can't be much cheaper—keep in mind that the Collectible Minifigures go for $4 these days, and a constraction figure would necessarily be larger and more expensive regardless of how small you made them.

Randomization is not a cure-all—not only does it reduce weapon options (and weapons or accessories are essential for appealing sets), but it's as much of a disincentive as an incentive (since potential buyers would lack certainty that the set would include the specific parts they want). And randomization adds all sorts of other tangential costs—for instance, unless the boxart is explicit about the variety of potential figures, Lego's going to wind up spending a LOT on customer service calls about the figure not including the mask/weapons from the box. And that's just ONE potential pitfalls of such an untested sales model. In general, randomized figures have even less of a proven sales record than randomized masks on their own.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother