BIONICLE Mask Hunt Officially Begins!

Let me ask for clarification.

I've seen some people with pictures resembling Krana and other Gen 1 masks. Are Gen 1 masks allowed? I thought it was just for the new Gen 2 masks.

It's not about trying to find a replication of an actual mask. Just "a" mask in the world.

And I've not been finding anything good to enter heh.

~|ET|~

• Upvote 1

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

This was a surprise! A really fresh contest to gain these 14-karat solid Gold Masks... Nothing too difficult, but a great exercise in creativity! I'm definitely going to try my hand at it, hopefully find some cool-looking masks out there. :P Good luck to all!

Though that video though... The amount of times he said Lego Bionicle Mask Hunt was too dang high, I was like "pls stahp" by the end of it.

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

Things are starting out good for me: while I haven't uploaded the images yet, I have found a perfect Mask of Skull Spiders in a ceramic bathroom tile and a perfect Mask of Fire in a roll of tye-dye duct tape. What has everyone else found?

Actually, the Hunt aside, this is a fantastic idea on LEGO's part. Think about it: each mask is worth approximately $150 USD, which, assuming that was also the cost of production, totals at $1050 USD spent by LEGO. For such a large company that price is nothing, but not only did this money go into making solid-gold masks, it doubles as ridiculously cheap and effective advertising! The only means of entering the competition are through social-media; also, it is very easy to enter: just snap a picture; to top it off, the prizes are valuable. Altogether, this makes for hundreds if not thousands of free bilboards advertising BIONICLE as well as a neat, related competition, which in turn produces more bilboards for BIONICLE; it's brilliant: no TV-ad could possibly match the outreach for the price!

• Upvote 1