Review Topic for Interchange

Akavakaku

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? This epic tells the story of a different universe, one where those we know as Matoran took their place.

(Contains violence, but nothing more serious than in the actual Bionicle story.)

Interchange: Toa Metru

Prologue

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Questions and comments are welcome!

Edited by Akavakaku

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

• 1 month later...

Hey! I'm really sad nobody's given you a review yet! I, personally, love Metru Nui, and your story caught my eye. It's been a while since I've posted on here, all this new Okoto stuff has me a bit turned around. It was so nice reading stuff from the good old days. I really have nothing to complain about in your epic. Grammar and mechanics were on point. Something tells me you're not new to writing. You haven't seemed to be rushing in to things, taking good time to establish characters. And speaking of, I loved seeing all the characters you put in, and seeing them at their every day lives in the grand City of Legends (I love Metru Nui, have I mentioned?)

One of the most impressive things, I think, was your attention to detail. For example, all the things a Ta-Matoran might have to worry about at his days in the forge, or the telescope guidance programs Kazi had to debug, Dalu's academic endeavors, which I can relate to on sooooo many levels. Epena, that Po-Matoran, only recognizable to me from the back pages of BioSector01 (I also have browsed there for characters to use. Good times!)

Two things I think are very interesting and am anxious to see how you play these out. First, your Dark Hunters, who have a very unique dynamic between them, from what your once scene has shown. Also Jovan, who's cool. So I guess that's three things. I sense a delicious backstory! And secondly, Velika, and whether or not, in this alternate universe you've spun, only a Po-Matoran. 

Anyways, keep up the great work, I look forwards to reading more! 

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

• 4 weeks later...

Mata Nui, a review! I kind of stopped writing because I thought no one was reading, but you've inspired me to get back to it! 

And many thanks for all the comments, fleshing out a fictional world is something I love to do, and I enjoyed the freedom of how little information there is on any Metru Nui career other than those of the Toa Metru. There's definitely going to be more on Jovan, Krona, and Lariska soon, and I loved writing the latter two. I wanted to channel some of the toxic teamwork dynamic of the Piraka, but with some female villains, which Bionicle could have used quite a bit more of. As for Velika, that's a matter for quite a while later.

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins