Voltex

gallery_96949_301_161030.png

THE PREMISE OF THE GAME

What is this game about?

The premise is simple. You are a Dark Hunter, trained in the classic art of assassination. Since the Odinan economy has fallen on hard times, the Shadowed One has found it necessary to downsize the Dark Hunters' off-time operations, resulting in some necessary layoffs.

To determine who stays and who dies, the Shadowed One has organized a game of sorts. All of the assassins currently on his payroll must attempt to eliminate one another. The one assassin left alive at the end of the carnage gets to keep his or her job, and will receive a substantial pay raise.

Let the game begin.

PLAYING THE GAME

What do I do in this game?

In this game, you are attempting to assassinate other players. You do this by PMing me with the name of the player you are targeting. You have six weapons in your arsenal to choose from: a Knife, a Gun, Poison, an Explosive, a Sledgehammer, or Wire. In addition to your target's name, you will also PM me the weapon you will use in your assassination attempt.

You are not guaranteed a kill. Different assassins have different resistances and weaknesses against different weapons. When signing up for the game, you will PM me a list of all the weapons and corresponding numerical values, like so:

Knife: 1

Gun: 2

Poison: 3

Explosive: 4

Sledgehammer: 5

Wire: 6

This is your profile. It tells me which weapons you are weak against and which weapons you are strong against. The lower the number, the weaker you are to that form of attack. For example, if someone targeted you with a Wire, I would roll a die. If I rolled a number lower than 6, you would survive. If someone targeted you with Poison, I would roll a die. If I rolled a number lower than 3, you would survive. If someone targeted you with a Knife, you would die instantly, as there is no number on a die lower than 1.

Rounds will take place roughly over 24-hour intervals. If you fail to send me the name of a target and a weapon of choice, you will take no action that round.

What happens when multiple people attack the same target?

I will calculate the assassination attempts chronologically. The first person to PM me that target's name will receive 'first dibs' on the assassination attempt. If he fails, the next person will get a shot, and so on.

What happens if the last two/three/etc. people all kill each other?

There can only be one survivor, so if the last few assassins all kill each other I will reroll.

SIGNING UP FOR THE GAME

What do I need to do to be able to play?

To sign up, state that you are signing up by posting in this topic, and then PM me the following list of weapons with corresponding numerical values 1-6. You choose which weapons you are resistant to and which weapons you are vulnerable to.

Knife:

Gun:

Poison:

Explosive:

Sledgehammer:

Wire:

PAYROLL

These are your fellow assassins. Eliminated targets are designated in red. Signups will remain open for 48 hours.

1. Voxumo

2. Chro

3. Aiwendil

4. Luroka

6. Burnmad

7. Aerixx

8. Jag18

9. ToaK

10. MrPerson 

11. Axilus

12. ShadowVezon

RULES

What must I do and not do?

1. No changing targets. I will accept the first PM you send me, and will ignore any others you send in an attempt to switch your target.

2. No complaining about outcomes. I am not biased; I am genuinely just rolling a die. This game is a little bit of strategy with a whole lot of luck.

3. Have fun!

*this was almost entirely ripped out of the very first Hitman game.

Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 3

Sign me up. Slot 99999. If 99999 is not possible, 10. :P

Sieben (seven for you English speaking people :P)

MrPerson ten is my spot I will be screaming internally from now on.

Errrmm I mean I'll sign up yeah yeah that's what I meant.

Spot XLVII. 

I need resistances from all four of you before the game can begin.

Aww, I was hoping to sign up. (I know I'm on holiday and all, but we got WiFi, so I can still access BZPower using a laptop.)

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

Aww, I was hoping to sign up. (I know I'm on holiday and all, but we got WiFi, so I can still access BZPower using a laptop.)

If you send me in resistances before tonight, I'll add you into the game.

Still waiting on resistances from MrPerson and JiMing. If you do not send them in, you will be removed from the game.

Edited by Lucina

ROUND ONE

ToaK entered the Official Dark Hunter Eggnog Bar (ODHEB for short) and sat at the bar, where Luroka was serving drinks.

“One eggnog, please,” he said. “And… uh… don’t poison it.”

Luroka, deciding to be nice, offered him a brand new carton of eggnog that had never been laced with poison before. ToaK thanked him and took a swig - and then immediately began to choke, as he witnessed Voxumo strangling Chro with a wire. Chro waved his arms wildly, trying to escape, but only succeeded in nearly stabbing Luroka in the eye. Soon, however, the life drained from his eyes (and his limbs), and Voxumo dropped the corpse to the floor.

“I’d like an eggnog too, please,” he said.

Luroka glared at him. “You’re not supposed to kill people. This is my eggnog bar.”

Before Voxumo could reply, Luroka pulled out his sledgehammer and bashed it through his head; Voxumo let out one final squeak before the blunt force trauma killed him, and his body joined Chro’s on the floor. Luroka tossed the sledgehammer away and scowled at the blood on his hands, exiting into the kitchen to wash them off.

The moment he was gone, ToaK pulled out his knife and turned towards MrPerson - only to be blasted over the bar and through the wall into Luroka’s arms as both MrPerson and Aiwendil blew each other to pieces with explosives. Tossing ToaK aside, Luroka jumped over the bar.

“I SAID NO KILLING!” he yelled.

Of course, by this point, the other customers were no longer listening; Jag18 was strangling Axilus with a wire, Aerixx was trying to get a clear shot on Jag18 with his gun, and Axilus was waving his own knife around as he tried to get free.

“STOP!” Luroka ordered.

His yell startled Axilus, who lost his grip on his knife and threw it, where it embedded itself in the chest of Aerixx. Aerixx stumbled back in shock and fired his gun rapidly, hitting Jag18 in the eye; and as both Jag18 and Aerixx collapsed to the floor, both dead, Axilus ran out of air. He too keeled over, and soon, the only ones left in the bar were Luroka and ToaK.

“Well,” ToaK said, “that was… certainly something.”

“You know…” Luroka muttered, trailing off for a second before continuing, “I really am glad that Burnmad and ShadowVezon never bothered to show up today after all. They probably would have killed people too.”

END ROUND 1

TL;DR:

Aiwendil kills MrPerson with Explosives

Luroka kills Voxumo with Sledgehammer

Voxumo kills Chro with Wire

Jag18 kills Axilus with Wire

Axilus kills Aerixx with Knife

ToaK failed to kill MrPerson with Knife (Aiwendil targeted first)

Aerixx kills Jag18 with Gun

MrPerson kills Aiwendil with Explosives

Luroka, ToaK, Burnmad, and ShadowVezon are still alive. I need Round 2 PMs from each of them. You have 24 hours.

• Upvote 2

Well... that was one heck of a first round...

*Glances at Luroka*

You just can't have nice establishments can you?

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Oh, I thought I would have died, since I didn't get the chance to choose a target. Like I mentioned somewhere else before, couldn't even access my PMs until after the deadline had passed.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

you guys are actually the worst

seriously i always go down round one

*Gets up real close to Chro and looks him dead in the eye*

You know you like it... afterall you wouldn't come back each game.

And if it's any consolation, at least it wasn't with an Icepick, and also majority of everyone died first round.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Yeah, I stepped in only because there were no other takers, which is why I had nothing planned for it. Speaking of which, I need to finish that off now I'm back.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

you guys are actually the worst

seriously i always go down round one

*Gets up real close to Chro and looks him dead in the eye*

You know you like it... afterall you wouldn't come back each game.

uh, nope, i do that because... i'm futilely trying to break the pattern? it isn't very fun

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits