New movies/media?

Toa Halcyon

Hey guys, now I wasn't sure if this belonged here or if it needed to go in the Theories page, but since this is a general question about the sets versus something about the story I thought I'd risk it and ask here.

We all know that Lego tried its very best to make movies of the franchise.  While we can agree the second two were much, much better than the first (and DEFINITELY better than the latest one), they still weren't as good as we would have liked, especially when compared to the awesome animated commercials done by Ghost.  But despite that I did give a little bit of a look at the Hero Factory show and was impressed by it.  The story was not as good, but the animation was great and the voice acting was acceptable for the show's quality.

Now Hero Factory has come to an end, and so has the show as far as anyone understands.  So, that begs the question; will Bionicle get a similar treatment?  Should it get a similar treatment?  I think it goes without saying that I'm not the only one who is really curious about the current story and waiting with jaws agape to munch upon any comics or novels that show up in the future, but do you guys think we should be expecting a show to come with the sets in the future?  I mean, dare I dream that the day has finally come when we Bionicle fans get some more attention in the form of a television show based on our beloved characters?

Lend me your thoughts, I am genuinely curious.

-Toa Halcyon

• Upvote 3

-Toa Halcyon

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKCbfvb04maKzyU1VEi4BXQ Where you can find showcases and the occasional stop-motion video

Yeah I'd love a show to dive further into the Okoto culture. Even if it starts out with little to do with the Toa themselves and just focuses on the Protectors or the villages themselves. Go in the form of Chima and the Legend beasts. Though not sure if there would be any village on village conflict. though something may be cool to see.

• Upvote 2

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I reeeaally want a Bionicle show akin to Ninjago. A CGI show, not the silly Mixel-style cartoon short videos we have now. I wish we had comic books again but I know that that sadly won't happen but a cgi show and/or movie(s) would make me very happy. Also a good console game would be awesome.

• Upvote 1

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

Well, a few novels are already announced, but as for animations? I like the ones we have now, but I think it would be better if we got individual voice actors and longer videos. I'd love a show that is managed similar to Red vs Blue, where we get a new, 7-or-so minute long episode each week. That would be pretty awesome. I really do like the current animation style, though. I don't see why so many people are hating on it.

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

I would like to have a TV show at best. The episodes would be 22 minutes long, and there would be 10-26 episodes in one season. It would be CGI, like the Hero Factory show. It would focus on every individual important character, similar to the HF, Ninjago, and Chima shows, while the episodes follow the stories. I would like the show to be like the Transformers: Prime show, but with some child-friendliness.

It would be awesome if that could happen.:)

• Upvote 2

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I think everyone would agree a TV show would be awesome, as long as it was done well. That would be the ultimate gift to bionicle fans. It could lead up to movies and have a graphic novel series that follows along with it. It could be so awesome if done right. It all just depends on how much lego is willing to put into it. They're definitely trying to highlight it currently, the window and display set ups at lego stores are centered around bionicle right now. As long as gen2 takes off like ninjago or chima did, I think we can definitely expect a TV show. If it flubs and doesn't do well, we will probably see it discontinued again in a couple years.

• Upvote 1

:y::m_o::l::m_o:

A TV show could be pretty cool and allow for some quality storytelling and characterization, although right now I'm quite liking that BIONICLE has returned to its origins of online story media.

If we did get a TV show or movies, I'd kind of prefer them to have a stylized look like the 2015 story and character animations, rather than a "realistic" look like the Hero Factory TV episodes or the old BIONICLE TV commercials. The new animations do a great job conveying action and emotion, the style is rather easy for fan artists to imitate, and the simplicity of the design language means that characters based on new sets should be easier to keep consistent with characters based on old sets (so there shouldn't be so much weirdness like the last Toa Mahri comic, where Turaga Vakama was clearly plucked from a different era of design entirely). Obviously, a larger TV or movie budget could allow for much smoother animation and higher detail, but I think it would be good to maintain a similar design language.

• Upvote 2