Toa Team Concept

ginyu_force_assemble-small.jpg

Here are some characters I've made up, no real story or anything to them. At the very least I'll draw each of them in something like a movie-form but closer to the mocs... eventually.

View the same photo set on Flickr or Brickshelf

Comments, Criticisms? I designed each to be the same size as toa mata; they're intentionally short. A few were just slapped together *cough* fire toa *cough* so I know there is some room to improve.

Edited by novuscarpus
  • Upvote 4

You can find all of my mocs, custom parts, and other lego-related stuff at Flickr, Instagram, or Brickshelf.

MMmmm, I like the use of the Metru Nui sets. I think that the blue, silver, and white ones are rather good, but giving them signature weapons would be cool.

EDIT: I didn't see the flickr album. Disregard whatever I said.

This is a great team O.O

Edited by CrashDummy

COMING SOON, UPDATED PROTECTOR OF ICE

Protectors of Generations Past!

ICE, FIRE, WATER - http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/18021-mod-protectors-of-fire-ice-and-water/

EARTH                   -  http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/18035-mod-protectors-of-generations-past-earth/

group%20circle%20protector.png

To be honest, I don't understand your naming of the characters. White/Orange in canon is Plasma, and Blue/Gold is Psionics. Just saying that might get a bit confusing for some people. :) 

Onto the MOCs themselves. They look alright, for all their simplicity. But I like the look--they're very cohesive as a team, which is good. :) 

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

What did you use for the White shoulders on the Ice Toa?

It looks like Mahri Visors, but in White.

You're correct. I don't know what sets had them, I saw them on Bricklink. Probably some Technic vehicle.

To be honest, I don't understand your naming of the characters. White/Orange in canon is Plasma, and Blue/Gold is Psionics. Just saying that might get a bit confusing for some people. :)

Ice?

Don't you mean Plasma?

Huh, I never got into the stories or anything when I was little, so almost anything lore-wise is beyond me. That is interesting though, these other elements may be better in fitting with the alternate elements thing I have going on for a part of the team.

You can find all of my mocs, custom parts, and other lego-related stuff at Flickr, Instagram, or Brickshelf.

Neat! I like the ice, plant, and metal Toa the most, and I'd say my least favorite is the stone Toa.

The others are right about how the color schemes of the characters match color schemes of different elements (such as plasma instead of ice, psionics instead of water, air instead of plantlife...) IMO it doesn't really matter. Call 'em what suits your fancy. Heck, I've built a couple of blue Onu-Toa before. :P

As far as catching up on the story and "extended" elemental affiliations, BioSector01 is your friend. (On mobile at the moment, can't link it... just search up the name. :lol: )

What did you use for the White shoulders on the Ice Toa?

It looks like Mahri Visors, but in White.

Those came with some of the Mars Mission sets, if I recall correctly. Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

While their shortness is not really likey to me (nor the fact that you used no CCBS nor glatorian hands, but it's a question of taste and choice so I won't judge) I have to admit these are really impressive. You sure know how to make improbable pieces work in such improbable places (the mask and helmets as shoulder and torso armor, the glatorian heads as upper limbs, now that is genius). Pros also to their awesome weapons. The stone one has a really nice asymmetrical compositon and color scheme. Is he an hordika perhaps?

I really like these designs. Any backstories for them yet?

While their shortness is not really likey to me (nor the fact that you used no CCBS nor glatorian hands, but it's a question of taste and choice so I won't judge) I have to admit these are really impressive. You sure know how to make improbable pieces work in such improbable places (the mask and helmets as shoulder and torso armor, the glatorian heads as upper limbs, now that is genius). Pros also to their awesome weapons. The stone one has a really nice asymmetrical compositon and color scheme. Is he an hordika perhaps?

Thanks, I'm particularly proud of the metal one. Don't use the Glatorian hands because they're disgusting- just my opinion, though.

Idea behind them is that the stone toa dons a mask which turns out to be evil, and attempts to corrupt his body entirely, hence the red and black stuff and the staff. The evil mask makes the stone toa terrorize his own district and the rest of his team has to take him down (he's naturally the second strongest of the group, and the mask adds further strength). Upon subduing the toa of stone, the team is at a lack of any way to turn him back - the mask cannot be removed, it seems.

At some point, somehow it would be revealed that Groghnark the ProfaneFlickr (an entity sealed on a supernatural plane long ago) is the figure responsible for the mask, and is attempting to re-enter the world through manipulation of the toa of stone. He succeeds somehow (toa of Stone opens a portal or something I guess) and despair and mania take hold in the untouched districts... past that I'm not sure. Maybe I'll turn this into a little mini series thing when I have the time.

Edited by novuscarpus
  • Upvote 2

I love the water Toa's unconventional limbs -- she actually looks very watery in places, and the agori heads look really cool as hips. She also looks like a tank, which is awesome.

I also love the fire Toa's sword. He and the iron Toa could probably use larger feet, though -- with the short, stocky proportions of the team, the smaller Protector feet look a little disproportionate. The iron Toa's lower legs, however, are fabulous.

To be honest, I don't understand your naming of the characters. White/Orange in canon is Plasma

Ice?

Don't you mean Plasma?

Not quite right, friends. Plasma colors are orange and white; the ice Toa is white and orange ;) And orange being his secondary color makes perfect sense -- he's very obviously inspired by Ice Planet 2002 :P Edited by Jacks

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
-------------------------------------
Rate The Song Above You