Rahi and their size

It wasn't even mentioned on BS01, you see. 

Hm. I don't think it was ever specified. Greg would sometimes give a Rahi's height or length in books (a sixty-foot spike-covered sea serpent, for example), but it was rarely brought up for non-sapient characters. Best to just use the sets as a reference, I guess.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Best to just use the sets as a reference, I guess.

What to do with canonized MOCs?

Good call. Things like the Archives Mole are probably medium-sized (Matoran or smaller, I'd imagine). Phase Dragons are big enough to feel confident around airships, so probably pretty large. We know the size of the Tahtorak. 

I'd go through the list myself, but I'm kinda tired tonight. I can give my estimates tomorrow, if I think about it. Basically, just look at the creature, read through it's traits and abilities, and gauge its size based on function and form. Spiny stone apes are large, but not too much larger than a Rock Raptor (They share caves), which are a bit larger than a Toa. Just use your better judgement. :)

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Also, same question about most Dark Hunters.

Especially Tracker and his bull - is the latter really smaller than the former?

Another good call to make. We're having a discussion about the various sapient species over in another topic--perhaps bring up size over there? It might add a new perspective to the discussion. :) We'll stick to rahi in this one for now. 

As for Tracker... The look of the bull always reminded me more of some sort of hound. As such, I think of it as sort of a bulldog. ;) (Get it? Looks like a dog, described as a bull.) :P In any case, yes, it's smaller. The question to ask, though, is how tall is Tracker? If we knew that, we'd know how to gauge the size of his pet. As I said, good call on asking about the heights of the Hunters. :)

• Upvote 1

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

I had this problem a while back trying to figure out the size of Lohrak. From their description, I thought they were the size of normal snakes, just with wings. But after discussing it with a few people, I discovered they're actually big enough to strangle a Turaga, putting them at several times larger than my initial estimate. 

Sadly, since Gen1 is long over, I doubt we're going to get exact size estimates on any of these things....

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I had this problem a while back trying to figure out the size of Lohrak. From their description, I thought they were the size of normal snakes, just with wings. But after discussing it with a few people, I discovered they're actually big enough to strangle a Turaga, putting them at several times larger than my initial estimate. 

Sadly, since Gen1 is long over, I doubt we're going to get exact size estimates on any of these things....

We kinda do know the Lohrak, though. There was that mutant one we saw, and the Toa Metru noted how it had changed. Adventures #7, I think. Check there, if it says something like "20 foot wingspan, twice it's original size," then we'll have some way to estimate the average size of a lohrak. If it doesn't, then I'm sure we have something for it. On the chance that we don't, then oh well.  :rolleyes:

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

What do you define as "normal snake" size? Looking to real world we get everything from a couple inches of the Barbados threadsnake 1 to over 40+ in the form of the Titanoboa 2. So if the MU has any reflection from our universe why couldn't a Lohrak strangle a Turaga? I mean we have snakes that are well large enough to make a meal out of us, so strangle/crushing is not only viable, it actually happens.

References:

1 : Barbados threadsnake on Wikipedia

2 : Titanoboa on Wikipedia.

• Upvote 2

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

And considering you only need to get around the neck to strangle someone, a Lohrak's body could just be a foot or so long, though I'd err a little longer. Constricting (crushing the prey's body) is different to strangulation (cutting off air and blood flow).

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Eh, yes and no. Pythons suffocate by strangulation via the ribcage not really the neck. Though having a coil around the neck of the prey doesn't hurt. Every time the prey exhales the snake tightens further around the body preventing them from inhaling and taking in more air. Therefore they strangling them based on your definition of "Cutting off airflow".

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

And considering you only need to get around the neck to strangle someone, a Lohrak's body could just be a foot or so long, though I'd err a little longer. Constricting (crushing the prey's body) is different to strangulation (cutting off air and blood flow).

A little check of BS01 gives us this:

Under normal circumstances, Lohrak are relatively small, but the mutant Lohrak was around 2.2 Bio (ten feet or three meters) long with a 4.4 Bio (twenty foot or 6.1 meter) wingspan

This seems to imply that you're quite correct. Ten feet isn't all that much, so I'd imagine that a normal Lohrak isn't that much smaller. Maybe 6 feet in length with a 12-foot wingspan? Sound reasonable?

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

We kinda do know the Lohrak, though. There was that mutant one we saw, and the Toa Metru noted how it had changed. Adventures #7, I think. Check there, if it says something like "20 foot wingspan, twice it's original size," then we'll have some way to estimate the average size of a lohrak. If it doesn't, then I'm sure we have something for it. On the chance that we don't, then oh well. :rolleyes:

5 foot body with a 10 foot wingspan. That'd make a lohrak a little shorter than a Toa if stretched out. Perhaps longer than a Turaga is tall. I imagine they're a lot like biomechanical coatls (somebody Google the D&D monster, and post for reference.), just with a size difference.

Kikanolo are large enough for a Toa to ride, both set and movie scale. There's another rahi we can estimate.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I don't think the specifics matter as much as the description does. Some Rahi are never featured, so getting an accurate size depiction would be impossible. Some can be garnered from other sources (like the Kofo Jaga in Tale of the Toa - The way they are described make them seem smaller than what their set counterpart would be like in comparison to Tahu Mata).

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg