Vhisola on Mata Nui

We know that Vhisola had a role in the Metru Nui storyline, but she has no canon appearances in the Mata Nui storyline. We don't know anything about her on Mata Nui. I have an idea of what she may have done, however: she was a member of the Ga-Koro guard. Here's my evidence.

BS01 page on Vhisola: http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Vhisola

The only thing it mentions about her on Mata Nui is what we know already happened to all of the Matoran (and Ga-Matoran): she was shrunken down, and she was trapped in the sunken hut. However, we do know that she wore a Noble Komau all the time. It wasn't replaced like Jaller's or Kopeke's (by the way, both of them wore Komaus before being replaced too).

So what do I think she did on Mata Nui? I think she was a member of the Ga-Koro Guard.

BS01 page: http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Ga-Koro_Guard

In the picture at the beginning of the article, we see two Matoran: one wearing a Kakama (although she showed up everywhere as a clone) and one wearing a Kaukau with dark blue legs, presumably Hahli. The article also doesn't list any canon members, like the articles for the three main military forces do (Gukko Force, Ta-Koro Guard, and Ussalry). In fact, we do know canon members of the Po-Koro and Ko-Koro (Sanctum) Guards as well. So we don't have any idea who the members of the Ga-Koro guard are, aside from Hahli and the Kakama wearing Matoran, right? Nope. Here's the Ga-Koro Guard in-game in MNOG: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140202211659/bionicle/images/9/96/Guards.jpg

The one on the right is wearing a Matatu, but no known canon Ga-Matoran wears a Matatu, except for her. Before anyone says anything, yes, Shasa (http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Shasa) wore a Matatu, but we know that she was a weaver, so she already had a job. The one on the left is wearing a Komau. What other canon Ga-Matoran wears a Komau? Vhisola. Before anyone says anything, yes, Amaya (http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Amaya) did wear a Noble Komau as well. However, we know that she was a flax maker, so she already had a job.

Maybe Turaga Nokama put her out there so Vhisola wouldn't bother her anymore. I think it would be funny if the only memory any Matoran retained was Vhisola's affection for Nokama.  :P

Anyway, what do you guys think? Maybe the Ga-Koro Guard is actually just Amaya and Shasa, but it's kind of cool to think that maybe it's a character who we never got to see outside of Metru Nui.

• Upvote 11

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

Or perhaps Amaya is Vhisola with a new name.

Can Matoran completely change their names on naming day or do they just add/subtract a little bit like Jala/Jaller or Maku/Macku? I'm not sure. Even if it was Amaya, she already works, so she wouldn't be able to be a full-time guard.

• Upvote 1

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  

Can Matoran completely change their names on naming day or do they just add/subtract a little bit like Jala/Jaller or Maku/Macku? I'm not sure. Even if it was Amaya, she already works, so she wouldn't be able to be a full-time guard.

They can only change their names if they caused LEGO some trouble. XD

Anyway, my thoughts are pretty much as Skelly said, sure, why not?

• Upvote 5
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

It would be a better theory if half the Matoran didn't change masks all the time, but it's as good an explanation as any.

My guess as to why Vhisola is the only disk-finding Matoran not to show up in MNOLG2 is that Ga-Koro was implemented first, and they may have had to draw from a different pool of names when it came to naming the NPCs in other villages and the Matoran in 2004.

This is a pretty interesting theory you have here.

I think I'll roll with it.

I also admire the fact that you have evidence to support your claim, so thumbs up to that!

Thank you!

It would be a better theory if half the Matoran didn't change masks all the time, but it's as good an explanation as any.

My guess as to why Vhisola is the only disk-finding Matoran not to show up in MNOLG2 is that Ga-Koro was implemented first, and they may have had to draw from a different pool of names when it came to naming the NPCs in other villages and the Matoran in 2004.

Orkahm didn't show up physically, but we know he was a character, since he was in the Gukko Force.

Orkahm didn't show up physically, but we know he was a character, since he was in the Gukko Force.

Well Orkahm was mentioned by name in MNOLG2, unlike Vhisola who is neither seen nor referenced.

Edited by SPIRIT

I did not know that piece of trivia. Such wow, very surprise. 

In all seriousness, you've managed to piece together a decent theory that makes sense. I think Nokama enjoyed the fact that Vhisola lost her memory and she didn't have to deal with any of that fangirling anymore, though. :P

• Upvote 1

Alright, now this is something the canonization guys can get behind. Where are those Fikou Party members?

• Upvote 3

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Or perhaps Vhisola changed her name when she arrived on Mata-Nui, maybe not knowing her previous name.

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

I see no issue with this. As for masks changing, that makes sense with masks... but needn't happen for everybody either.

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

On a similar note, I was playing MNOG and I noticed these two Le-Matoran who jump onto birds during the cutscene:

http://i.imgur.com/5JxZtF3.png

Look familiar?

http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Makani

http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Tuuli

The page on the Gukko Force does not list either of these two as canon members:

http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Gukko_Force

Maybe the Gukko Force drafts its members, since Makani is a musician and he isn't a canon member of the Gukko Force.

We should just make connections for all of the background characters in MNOG :P  

That's going too far, IMO. Since there were 1000 Matoran, the chances that all the unnamed ones we happened to see were the same ones we found out names for are slim.

Admitted, the chances that the unnamed ones all had the same masks as the named ones are slim too, but we all know that's for set reasons; they didn't have molds of the many other possible shapes that could be used. That doesn't apply to making every unnamed sighting match a named character.

But Vhisola? Sure, she had such a major role, it makes sense she'd have a prominent job of some sort for personality reasons, though you never know.

• Upvote 2

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

That's going too far, IMO. Since there were 1000 Matoran, the chances that all the unnamed ones we happened to see were the same ones we found out names for are slim.

Admitted, the chances that the unnamed ones all had the same masks as the named ones are slim too, but we all know that's for set reasons; they didn't have molds of the many other possible shapes that could be used. That doesn't apply to making every unnamed sighting match a named character.

But Vhisola? Sure, she had such a major role, it makes sense she'd have a prominent job of some sort for personality reasons, though you never know.

How about a Matoran who appears in MNOG on Mata Nui who we only know the appearance of on Metru Nui? That seems pretty reasonable to me.

http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Vira

There are no pictures of Vira on Mata Nui, much like Vhisola, but we do know that he was a member of the Gukko Force.

https://i.imgur.com/mCfs3GX.png

We know that he wears a green Pakari, so the Matoran in MNOG matches that description.

Am I the only one that thinks that we should stop worrying about gen1? I mean, it got rebooted for a reason.

Yes, I don't think we should worry about it.

We should be able to discuss it for fun. Fun: such an outdated concept. BZPower should try it sometime.

Shh...don't let Greg hear you. He'll un-canonize fun  :P

• Upvote 4

Am I the only one that thinks that we should stop worrying about gen1? I mean, it got rebooted for a reason.

Yes, I don't think we should worry about it.

We should be able to discuss it for fun. Fun: such an outdated concept. BZPower should try it sometime.

Shh...don't let Greg hear you. He'll un-canonize fun  :P

Oops... We wouldn't want that.

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

The one on the right is wearing a Matatu, but no known canon Ga-Matoran wears a Matatu, except for her. Before anyone says anything, yes, Shasa (http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Shasa) wore a Matatu, but we know that she was a weaver, so she already had a job. The one on the left is wearing a Komau. What other canon Ga-Matoran wears a Komau? Vhisola. Before anyone says anything, yes, Amaya (http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Amaya) did wear a Noble Komau as well. However, we know that she was a flax maker, so she already had a job.

I don't think already having a job in any way elliminates the possibility that that is Amaya.  Matoran on Mata Nui did not have jobs in the way we have jobs, where we do one to earn a living.  The villages there were communities, everyone would pitch in and live in harmony.  On Mata Nui Takua pretty much got away with not having a real job, he just helped out with all sorts of things, and not just in his own village.  When he volunteered to help in the Ta-koro guard, they made him a member just like that.  He's fought alongside the Gukko force as well.  As long as Amaya was contributing to the welfare of the village, I don't think it mattered what she did.  And at the end of MNOG, the villages were all at maximum defence, it sounds perfectly reasonable that Amaya might abandon her normal job for a bit and help with the village defences. 

The matoran in that picture could also be Vhisola still, but equally it could also be another unnamed Ga-matoran.

As far as the having fun is concerned, I think it's a more interesting and fun theory to simply say that both Amaya and Vhisola aided in the defences of the village when they had to.  That would certainly make better fan fiction than "Amaya and Vhisola were both commited to their individual day jobs."

Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

I don't think already having a job in any way elliminates the possibility that that is Amaya.  Matoran on Mata Nui did not have jobs in the way we have jobs, where we do one to earn a living.  The villages there were communities, everyone would pitch in and live in harmony.  On Mata Nui Takua pretty much got away with not having a real job, he just helped out with all sorts of things, and not just in his own village.  When he volunteered to help in the Ta-koro guard, they made him a member just like that.  He's fought alongside the Gukko force as well.  As long as Amaya was contributing to the welfare of the village, I don't think it mattered what she did.  And at the end of MNOG, the villages were all at maximum defence, it sounds perfectly reasonable that Amaya might abandon her normal job for a bit and help with the village defences. 

The matoran in that picture could also be Vhisola still, but equally it could also be another unnamed Ga-matoran.

As far as the having fun is concerned, I think it's a more interesting and fun theory to simply say that both Amaya and Vhisola aided in the defences of the village when they had to.  That would certainly make better fan fiction than "Amaya and Vhisola were both commited to their individual day jobs."

The only reason I mentioned that the Matoran have specific jobs is because they say so in MNOG 2. Like if you walk into a hut and talk to a Matoran, he/she will say something along the lines of "Hello. (Who are you?) I'm Kai, the sailor!" Implying that that is their specialty job. I'm sure that any Ga-Matoran could take over for another's job with somewhat relative ease, but some are specially trained in certain trades. 

On a somewhat unrelated note, I would like to point out that the unnamed Ga-Matoran with a Kakama in the OP is possibly Kai. This supports the theory that Matoran may temporarily stop their jobs to serve in the military. Who need flax when your village is being attacked by Bohrok?

• Upvote 2

The only reason I mentioned that the Matoran have specific jobs is because they say so in MNOG 2. Like if you walk into a hut and talk to a Matoran, he/she will say something along the lines of "Hello. (Who are you?) I'm Kai, the sailor!" Implying that that is their specialty job. I'm sure that any Ga-Matoran could take over for another's job with somewhat relative ease, but some are specially trained in certain trades. 

On a somewhat unrelated note, I would like to point out that the unnamed Ga-Matoran with a Kakama in the OP is possibly Kai. This supports the theory that Matoran may temporarily stop their jobs to serve in the military. Who need flax when your village is being attacked by Bohrok?

Also consider that Kongu, while head of the Gukko force, was also a weaver, so that further supports that.

• Upvote 2

Also consider that Kongu, while head of the Gukko force, was also a weaver, so that further supports that.

Yeah, I forgot about that. I guess we've established that Matoran can quit their jobs temporarily to serve in the military. So that begs the question: is the Komau-wearing Ga-Matoran in MNOG Vhisola or Amaya?

Source? I think it could be some scene in MNOG 2 I forgot about, be I'd appreciate it if my memory could be refreshed.

I remember seeing it in MNOG2, but right there on Kongu's BS01 page: "Occupation Captain of the Gukko Force, right hand of Matau, Mapmaker, Weaver, Kolhii player"

Source? I think it could be some scene in MNOG 2 I forgot about, be I'd appreciate it if my memory could be refreshed.

I remember seeing it in MNOG2, but right there on Kongu's BS01 page: "Occupation Captain of the Gukko Force, right hand of Matau, Mapmaker, Weaver, Kolhii player"

Doesn't he say that in MNOG too? Something like "I am Kongu, Matau's right hand, Everquick bird pilot, mapmaker, and weaver!"

Edited by Toa Vanson

Doesn't he say that in MNOG too? Something like "I am Kongu, Matau's right hand, Everquick bird pilot, mapmaker, and weaver!"

I don't remember. What's important is that it's there.

I definitely agree with the people bringing up that matoran can have multiple occupations; Also it seemed that a few of the occupations in MNOG weren't mentioned or even thought of yet, such as flax-weaving and the like... It totally makes sense that these matoran would all be on Mata Nui, but with the early years's reputation with mask continuity (and if I'm not mistaken aren't the Templar games considered semi-canon?), I don't think that we should be trying to force connections. :P

(hey guys let's canonize names for all the kakama-wearing ga-matoran)

• Upvote 1

~Bionicle Online Games Guru~
Current Bionicle Sets: 232/250
2001: 23/24 2002: 20/21 2003: 22/22 2004: 22/22 2005: 23/23
2006: 16/22 2007: 22/22 2008: 25/27 2009: 26/26 2010: 4/6
2015: 18/18 2016: 11/17

This is an interesting G1 discussion, though. Unlike the (constant) size of the GSR topics, this adds something to the world. Not much, admittedly, but it's interesting to know where the Metru-set matoran ended up on Mata Nui, just as it's interesting to know where the Mata-set Matoran were on Metru Nui.

• Upvote 2

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

This is an interesting G1 discussion, though. Unlike the (constant) size of the GSR topics, this adds something to the world. Not much, admittedly, but it's interesting to know where the Metru-set matoran ended up on Mata Nui, just as it's interesting to know where the Mata-set Matoran were on Metru Nui.

Yeah, that was kind of my original idea. Where were the Matoran that we saw in one storyline but not the other? We have to make plausible connections between the ones that we DO see in both.

What reason is there that has any relevance to the numerous storyline mysteries that can be theorized about?

This. We can still talk about G1 to make connections that we didn't see before. If someone came up with some awesome theory or connection about G1, we wouldn't want to shut it down.