Recoloring a Kaukau

No clue, I'm afraid.... 

It might be easier to find them in other colours on sites like Bricklink. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

If the color you want is trans-red, trans-green, trans-clear, trans-black, or trans-orange, either buy mask packs, or the individual masks themselves. If you want an exotic, non-official color, go with Miras's option.

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

I've seen some Sharpie markers that can be used for stain-glasses designs, so perhaps if you have an extra Kaukau around you can try it out? Or if you have one of the trans-clear ones that you can spare you could use that as a colour tester, to see which ones maintain translucency

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

Speaking of recolored pieces, I always had this cool but probably scientifically impossible idea that there could be this machine. There were two chambers in it: in one, you put the part you want recolored; in the other, you put another piece that had that color already. When you activated it, the template color was copied onto the piece you want recolored, and BOOM, you have what you want. I thought of this when I was upset that Kongu never got a MoLToran version, so I thought it would be cool if I could instantly swap the colors in another MoLToran's pieces with teal and lime green. Dunno, just a thought.

Speaking of recolored pieces, I always had this cool but probably scientifically impossible idea that there could be this machine. There were two chambers in it: in one, you put the part you want recolored; in the other, you put another piece that had that color already. When you activated it, the template color was copied onto the piece you want recolored, and BOOM, you have what you want. I thought of this when I was upset that Kongu never got a MoLToran version, so I thought it would be cool if I could instantly swap the colors in another MoLToran's pieces with teal and lime green. Dunno, just a thought.

http://cdn.gajitz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/color-scanning-pen-design.jpg

It's close, but you would have to manually do it. Also, it's a ballpoint pen, so... Can't custom color pieces. The tech is there, though.

Edited by Wielder-of-Shadow

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

http://cdn.gajitz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/color-scanning-pen-design.jpg

It's close, but you would have to manually do it. Also, it's a ballpoint pen, so... Can't custom color pieces. The tech is there, though.

YES! I saw this before, but I didn't think of using it that way! True, it would be painstaking, but hopefully someone will be able to do that on a larger scale.

I think your only option is to either A. Find the color you want on eBay, or B. Find a modder to make you a personal one.

What color are you looking for anyway?

Yeah, what color? Like I said earlier, blue, red, orange, green, dark gray, and clear (all trans-) are official colors, along with gold and silver.

I think your only option is to either A. Find the color you want on eBay, or B. Find a modder to make you a personal one.

Yeah, what color? Like I said earlier, blue, red, orange, green, dark gray, and clear (all trans-) are official colors, along with gold and silver.

And the "unofficial" yellow misprint.

Did not know that existed. Hm. It matches Gali's eye color.

It actually does, which is more notable than most people realize—Gali's eye color was actually only ever used for those eyes and the misprint Kaukau (and the toothbrush heads, if you want to get technical). It isn't the same color as the Trans. Yellow parts from other sets, but rather is Trans. FLUORESCENT Yellow, which means that unlike the more glassy Trans. Yellow, it glows brightly under a blacklight and more faintly in other normal lighting conditions. It, along with Trans. Fluorescent Red (Tahu's eye color), were discontinued when Lego started cutting down on excess colors in its color palette. That's why the eye colors on the Toa Metru were different and generally appeared darker, and also why sets after the Toa Metru mostly stuck to the three fluorescent colors that remained: Trans. Fluor. Reddish Orange, Trans. Fluor. Green, and the slightly rarer Trans. Fluor. Blue.

• Upvote 6

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

It actually does, which is more notable than most people realize—Gali's eye color was actually only ever used for those eyes and the misprint Kaukau (and the toothbrush heads, if you want to get technical). It isn't the same color as the Trans. Yellow parts from other sets, but rather is Trans. FLUORESCENT Yellow, which means that unlike the more glassy Trans. Yellow, it glows brightly under a blacklight and more faintly in other normal lighting conditions. It, along with Trans. Fluorescent Red (Tahu's eye color), were discontinued when Lego started cutting down on excess colors in its color palette. That's why the eye colors on the Toa Metru were different and generally appeared darker, and also why sets after the Toa Metru mostly stuck to the three fluorescent colors that remained: Trans. Fluor. Reddish Orange, Trans. Fluor. Green, and the slightly rarer Trans. Fluor. Blue.

Well, would you look at that! Hey Lyi, you started to sound like your brother a little bit, ha :eyeboggle:

It's very rare. Probibly only a few thousand remain.

It's very rare. Probably only a few thousand remain.

You say "remain" as if they have been hunted down and destroyed by LEGO or something.

Riiiight.

You alright, Salvus? You sound skeptical. I was just trying to be friendly... am I trying too hard? I'm still getting the hang of what's appropriate behavior and what's not on forums.

Oh your fine! I was just agreeing with you. Your not trying too hard. :)

I'm not sure the Yellow Kaukau is THAT rare. I own one, as I recall. I got it off Bricklink. I think some of the other misprints are rarer. There's one on Bricklink right now for $60, but I didn't pay nearly that much.

Anyway, I'd say you should dye a Kaukau, preferrably the clear one, since there wouldn't be any mixing of colors. Though it might be fun to dye a colored one, just to see how it turns out. Dye a red Kaukau blue and get purple maybe?

Here's another idea: paint the tans-blue or trans-clear Kaukau everywhere except the visor, and you'll get a solid mask with a clear visor like the Kaukau shown in the online games and animations.

I've been wondering this for years: why is Pohatu's Kaukau orange? Is it not possible to make transparent brown?

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

I'm not sure the Yellow Kaukau is THAT rare. I own one, as I recall. I got it off Bricklink. I think some of the other misprints are rarer. There's one on Bricklink right now for $60, but I didn't pay nearly that much.

Anyway, I'd say you should dye a Kaukau, preferrably the clear one, since there wouldn't be any mixing of colors. Though it might be fun to dye a colored one, just to see how it turns out. Dye a red Kaukau blue and get purple maybe?

Here's another idea: paint the tans-blue or trans-clear Kaukau everywhere except the visor, and you'll get a solid mask with a clear visor like the Kaukau shown in the online games and animations.

I've been wondering this for years: why is Pohatu's Kaukau orange? Is it not possible to make transparent brown?

It's possible to make transparent brown. But Lego's "Trans. Brown" was already in use for ONUA'S Kaukau, since it's also the one of the closest colors to a transparent black (Trans. Bright Bluish Violet is also a close match, hence its use in the new Onua or on the Power Functions infrared receivers, but apparently Lego decided against that or didn't consider it in the first place).

Also, while visually it would be considered brown, it's worth keeping in mind that Pohatu's classic brown was technically classified as a shade of orange—Earth Orange, to be precise, a similar shade to Earth Blue and Earth Green (Metru Blue and Metru Green).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Sounds like something out of a Lego MMO.