Underused Emoticons

There are a lot of emoticons on this site that no one ever uses. The only three I ever see are  <_<, :P, and  :).

These are perhaps the three most boring emoticons ever developed. There are dozens more interesting ones waiting to be used, but they never are.

My favorites are the exploding man,  :onfire:, this extremely violent one,  :smash:, and WOAH, IS THAT A PILOT??? COOL!!  :pilot:

And I don't know who Matt is, but I love him too.  :matt-sign:

What emoticon do you love that no one seems to appreciate?

B-)

This one is one of my favorites, and I use it a lot. But I don't see too many other people use it except occasionally in the Comedy Forum. 

Also, I like some of the blue head emoticons, but I don't see them used to often. (Though I'm actually kind of guilty of this as well. :P) Some of my favorites are:  :eek:  :bigeek:  :upset:

Others that I like but don't see too often are:  :alert:  :surprised:  :uhuh:  :hau:  :infected:  :alien:

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

These:  :wakeup:  :wakeup:  :wacko:  :winner:  :xmas:  :flagaus:  :flaguk:  :flagcanada:  :Israel:  :Israel:  :usa:  :upset:  :spank:  :sky:

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Ah, I used to use :superfunny: , :happydance: and :wub: an awful lot back in my first BZP years, thus always look at them with a certain nostalgic fondness. :3

Apart from that, :jester: is cute too. And ^_^ is actually one I still use occasionally. As well as <_< .

~

We had a discussion about this in mafia a while ago kinda.

[...]

... riight. That was fun. ^^

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

You guys are all way off.  In reposting some of my old comedy stories, I discovered that BZPower actually has "secret" emoticons.  These are emoticons that once had a shortcut on the board, lost it in the upgrade, but still exist on the server.  You can access these by getting the base URL for an emoticon and then inserting an image with that code, only changing the file name (provided you happen to know the file names of disused emoticons).

Some examples that come to mind:

blush.gifannoyed2.gifwacko.gif

And then there's everyone's favourite LEAST useful emoticon: dry.gif (a slightly different version of glare.gif)

dry.gif :glare:

I'm certain there are more, but those are the ones I had to most frequently insert manually into my stories during the reposting process.

I don't really use emoticons much, but  :wasntme-sign: was always one of my favorites.

You guys are all way off.  In reposting some of my old comedy stories, I discovered that BZPower actually has "secret" emoticons.  These are emoticons that once had a shortcut on the board, lost it in the upgrade, but still exist on the server.  You can access these by getting the base URL for an emoticon and then inserting an image with that code, only changing the file name (provided you happen to know the file names of disused emoticons).

I actually have a page bookmarked with what i'm pretty sure is all of the BZP emoticons including the secret ones you mentioned.

Wyrd byð swyðost

I really need to be more active

You guys know who we need to blame for these emoticons not being used a lot...

blame canada :flagcanada: blame canada :flagcanada: blame canada :flagcanada:...                         Also why is this around -> :bzpower:

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

My favorites are the exploding man,  :onfire:, this extremely violent one,  :smash:, and WOAH, IS THAT A PILOT??? COOL!!  :pilot:

And I don't know who Matt is, but I love him too.  :matt-sign:

:onfire: was one of the go-to emoticons in the heyday of the Comedies forum, back when it was a wretched hive of scum and villainy much spammier than today.  :burnmad::lookhere:, and  :OMG: were the others.

Of course, my personal favorite is that inexplicable JPEG, Sir Disco Stu III: :afro:

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Ones I use a lot: :D :P B-) :afro: :smeag: :superfunny: :lol:   :annoyed:

While those are the main ones that I used, I always try to use the most appropriate ones when needed, so you can say I use all of them. I have also used off-site ones here in the past from a history-fan forum I go to, such as:

robot.gif   Behold! !!Transformers!! (only used this once I think.)

towar.gif  Alright men, TO WAAAAAAHR!!

fighting0040.gif Lightsaber duel. (only used this once I think.)

legio.gif    CHAAAARGE!!

knight.gif    Ready to Breach 'n Butcher, Sire!

jumping0044.gif   Whooohoo! (only used this once I think.)

party0023.gif   Vic-toreeee Par-teeeeeeee!! (only used this once I think.)

I remember using a Roman one as well, but i can't seem to find it. Oh well, that's enough  emoticons for one post. I wouldn't mind if these were added or even replaced some of the ones that are severely underused.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

• 2 weeks later...

Wait what about gear head?  :tohu:  :tohu:  :tohu:

Ah, yes. It's :tohu:, the mascot of :bzpower:. What was the purpose of his emoticon anyway?

So that you can always have his loving red eyes watching you, in every post, without even scrolling to the top of the page.

Anyway, people have mentioned lots of emotes which bring back memories of noobish days back when I used a ton of those, so I'll just restrict my post to championing two oft-forgotten ones: spinsmile and psychotwitch. :spinsmile: :psychotwitch:

The first is one that's been crying out to be a bona-fide spinny since day one, and the other one is the much superior but tragically underused alternative to the smug, condescending ;) emote.

~B~

Like Sumiki said, back when Comedies was... a big thing, emoticons were used a lot there. I got a lot of mileage out of stuff like :fear: , :OMG:,  :burnmad::wub:,  and   :drool:. 

Outside of Comedies? Not so much.

Edited by Ta-metru_defender

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

:sky: is by far the greatest emote ever created and should be used more often.

also :rollaway: is pretty fantastic.

We're talking about emotes that never have any purpose and are just weird, right? Because that's what I mean. Though in terms of ones that you could use more often... :notsure: is way better than the other one with the stick arms. Less sarcastic.

• Upvote 1

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

I'm going to muck around with these emoticons in the hopes they become more popular.

How come noone uses this emoticon anymore?  :bah-sign:

It makes me so mad I could burn a ##### forest down!  :burnmad:

The swear filter on BZPower is awful! It  :censored: sucks!

On a less serious note, let's talk about something cheesy, does that sound Gouda?  :cheesy:

*reads emoticon list* Oh my, so many smilies to use, so little time... :dazed:

*collapses*  :dead:

:devil: Welcome to , Liuth!

Take my money!  :dollarsign: Now leave me alone! *Devil takes my money and jumps into my body* Oh darn it. 

:evil: Hey, I just a cool idea. Why don't I hack BZPower? I will force the admins to make me a Premier Outstanding BZPower Staff Member and my title will be "The Heart, brain and soul of BZPower!"  I will rule BZPower with an iron fist and force Hapori Tohu to submit to me! The numerous members of BZPower shall be my followers and NO ONE, I repeat, NO ONE WILL STOP ME!  MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *Minion whispers  in my ear* What. I got BANNED?!   NOOOOOOO! *Devil leaves my body* 

:gavel:  Oookay, I better stop that guy. *Approaches him* Hey, buddy, you could hurt someone, why don't you put the hammer down?  :glasses:    :headbonk:  Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow. *Guy runs off a few hours later* I am in so much pain...   *A medical chopper flies in*  :pilot: GET TO THE CHOPPER! *Pilot puts me in the chopper and flies to a hospital*   :rollaway: *Guy with the hammer is chasing the chopper*  To be continued... 

I have more emoticons that need to see the light of day, but there's a limit on them. :( 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

• 3 weeks later...