BZP Mafia: Score Attack

Dapper I Guess

No, two.

Shadow_Ignited joined while you weren't looking. :)

Could've gone for the backstab, but she missed it.

She could still go for the facestab. They end up registering as backstabs like 25% of the time because melee hit detection is weird like that.

e: hi new page

~Unit#phntk#1

Edited by Unit#phntk#1

Short question of mine: how long will a typical night or voting period be? 24, 48 hours or even longer?

I think 24 hours is the norm unless specified otherwise. I know we've had two games in a row that did 48 hours, but those had specific reasons for 48 hours. Since there are no day killing roles, there needn't be any extra time given to the day.

As for the night, more time than normal might be required, but the 24 hours normally allotted are usually much more than needed. I don't think we'll need more than 24 hours, as it usually takes much less.

MnRA5kV.png

Short question of mine: how long will a typical night or voting period be? 24, 48 hours or even longer?

I'd say 48 hours for now. Maybe 24 when there are only a few players left.

X Detective

X Medic

_ Midknight

X U.P.

_ Pyro

_ Kidnapper

_ Mafia

Edited by Lance Constable Vimes

Back for a nostaliga trip, I guess.

24 is a good compromise between 48 and 12 because it covers every time zone and is neither too long nor too short. I have seen 24 hour games drawn out and 48 hour ones, especially when they are side games, take forever.

• Upvote 1

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

in my experience 48 hours is the best because less burnout and more time for better scenes.

I understand that this is the intent, but from what I've seen, it doesn't jive with reality.

Furthermore, the host is not strictly limited in the time he takes between scenes (though it is obviously good etiquette to be reasonable about it,) so he's not exactly under the gun if he wants to fine tune his writing.

48 hours per Day/Night seems only to make the host more anxious about posting scenes, leading to even more delay.

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

ok but the truth is: it may take 24 hours to vote but who can tell the time for the scene to be up?

(like if the host is busy or something)

Exactly. The host is not strictly obligated to post immediately after the end of a round, so it makes little difference if the time be 24 or 48 hours, in that regard. What does change, it seems, is the delay between scenes, and not for the better.

Edited by Quisoves Potoo

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

Sorry, I was busy all weekend. Busy playing Borderlands 2, that is.

Scene coming soon.

X Detective

X Medic

X Midknight

X U.P.

_ Pyro

_ Kidnapper

X Mafia

Night One

Quisoves was about to take a nice evening walk, when he saw a package at his doorstep. It was a brown paper parcel, tied together with white string, with a note reading "Love Potion <3" on it. From whom? Quisoves asked himself. He was the adventurous sort- that's part of why he joined the First Annual Mafia Score Attack in the first-place, so the first thing that popped into his head was "What's the worst thing that could happen?" So, in that instant, he took a giant gulp... and fell flat on his face.

He had forgotten that he was supposed to meet Ehksidan at a nearby restaurant. The man had been waiting for some time when Mr. Potoo passed out. A few hours passed. A bit concerned, Ehksidan saw fit to visit Quisoves' house, where he found the man spazzing out on the sidewalk, foaming at the mouth. No doubt, he was dead. Ehksidan remembered that Quisoves was playing the game too, and decided to search his house. He found a note.

​Congratulations on being selected as one of five members of the Po-BZP Mafia! Your teammates are- (This portion of the letter was scrawled over in black ink.) Read the Rules sheet to see your methods of getting Points. Good luck! -The Organizers

Quisoves Potoo, Mafia, killed by Unpredictable Person

At that time, Luroka was sitting in his tent, horsing around with a crate of knives he had gotten in the mail. He liked knives. Knives were fun, everyone knew that. Something not as many people knew, was that swords were a lot more fun. Someone in town would learn that little-known fact, because just then a rather large bladed weapon poked through his tent wall. It missed, but Luroka was too absorbed in his own blades to notice. The sword jabbed again, and hit this time- right in the jugular, as it turns out.

"Critical hit!" a voice from the other side of the tent shouted, before withdrawing the sword and running away.

Makuta Luroka, Medic, killed by the Mafia

Later that night, the Midknight- who already knew how fun swords could be- exited his house, ready and willing to dispense some Street Justice onto the first person he met. It wouldn't be until about 4 in the morning that he actually found someone he could bring to Street Justice (the Midknight was the sort of person that could capitalize abstract nouns like Street Justice). That person was Colonel Roy Mustang, who was rather alarmed when he saw a man in full armor charging at him, chanting "STREET JUSTICE! STREET JUSTICE! STREET JUSTICE!" Alas, the Midknight would be the last thing he would see, hear, smell, feel and taste.

Col. Roy Mustang, Villager, killed by Midknight

Sus. List

Fishers64: A known rival of Quisoves'. The "love potion" label is a well-known disguise for poisons.

Toa Chuck: He really, really likes brown paper parckages tied up with string

Dragon.star: Police database says that he knows how much fun swords are.Don't ask why that's in a police database.

Sora Tryon: His ringtone is a dance remix of the words "Street Justice".

Snow Queen Eva: Was involved in an unfortunate accident involving a so-called "love potion" several months ago.

habrfadtuegwtdlml?: Perhaps there's a sinister purpose behind his nigh-unpronounceable name.

Point gain will be calculated and PM'ed to you over the next 24-ish hours.

Edited by Lance Constable Vimes
  • Upvote 4

Back for a nostaliga trip, I guess.