First Week's Winners Announced for BIONICLE Mask Hunt

Over on the official LEGO Facebook page, the first six winners of the BIONICLE Mask Hunt have been announced! These six will win the new 2015 Toa set corresponding to the elemental category of their entry. Additionally, they and the next five weeks' winners will all be in the running for the six one-of-a-kind 14-karat gold Masks of Power. Perhaps this first batch of winning entries can be a source of inspiration for future winners!

View the full article

I really should have sent in pictures of the original masks.

I've seen some people do just that. I don't really see the point. Entries like that obviously wouldn't win (the judges are looking for creativity, not just the most accurate rendition of an official mask), and after the first six entries like that they're really not that funny anymore.

• Upvote 2

Wow, Some of them faces that won are really ridicules. I mean a backpack clip for the Mask of Earth? the side of a Trashcan for the mask of Jungle? an old style Radio for the Mask of Fire? Ok the Stone one looks alright and I can see the Ice/snow aspect of that one what ever it is...

I could have sworn I'd seen the Hau Nuva in a cloud the other day. Not sure if that would have mattered but really wish I had my camera out to take the shot.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Also, for those confused (like I was) each pool of entries is reset each week, meaning that old photos are taken out of the contest

I mean, it was a bit confusing to me so there is clarification right from Lego :)

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

True, but you can always resubmit the image for another week.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Wow, Some of them faces that won are really ridicules. I mean a backpack clip for the Mask of Earth? the side of a Trashcan for the mask of Jungle? an old style Radio for the Mask of Fire? Ok the Stone one looks alright and I can see the Ice/snow aspect of that one what ever it is...

I could have sworn I'd seen the Hau Nuva in a cloud the other day. Not sure if that would have mattered but really wish I had my camera out to take the shot.

Keep in mind that the goal is not to get pics that resemble actual mask designs, but rather to spot "masks" or faces in common everyday objects. The first round of winners actually gives a pretty good indication of what Lego is looking for—color-coded pareidolia that may or may not have a connection to the actual element it's supposed to represent.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

That mask of stone thing, it feels like it's staring into my soul... And LOL at all the people taking photos of plugs and plug sockets.

Pretty sure the mask of stone is the back of an ocarina. The round holes can be covered to adjust the tone, and there are probably several more round holes on the front.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Does anyone know how long it approximately takes for your pictures to show up at the Mask Gallery at Bionicle's Facebook page? And if they don't are they still in the competition, even though they have the right hashtag? Just to be on the safe side.. :lookaround:

As far as I know it can take up to a full day for your entry to show up in the gallery.

Hail Denmark

Just posted my first entry: https://twitter.com/KopakaNuva14

Nice one my fellow Kopaka Enthusiast! As much as I want a 14k gold mask, Im a Kopaka fan above all, so Im focusing on that mask. it would be an honor to own any of the new 14k masks, but something is calling to me with that shiny Akaku.

Facebook would not let me post my entry for some reason, but thankfully Twitter worked:

https://twitter.com/CaptainMukow/status/587429618396884992/photo/1

I just hope if my entry gets noticed that they will look past the disney infinity logo, especially with Dimensions coming out. Come to think, I hope they dont mind that I angled the picture to capture the reflection of the lamp for the x-ray eye XP. At least I can say I tried now!

Edited by Imatron

These are kind of cool, but I was expecting a bit more...

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?